St. Patty's Parade

Guest guest

Guest guest

I hear that the Mayor in conjunction with the Harrison Fireman have sent Governor Christie a letter asking him to be the Grand Marshall of the West Hudson St. Patricks day parade, if there is one this year, to thank him for his support. They better do something. No state aid again along with no fires puts the HFD is a very perilous condition as it is the same model as PVSC II. No work and six figure jobs around the horn again for every fireman. Another wasted year of $5 Million of the taxpayers money for a no work job. Mostly relatives and patronage to boot. The perfect storm of unemployment baby. The HFD should drink heavily this year as this will be a memorial parade for the existance of the HFD.

Guest Parade Committee Member

I hear that the Mayor in conjunction with the Harrison Fireman have sent Governor Christie a letter asking him to be the Grand Marshall of the West Hudson St. Patricks day parade, if there is one this year, to thank him for his support. They better do something. No state aid again along with no fires puts the HFD is a very perilous condition as it is the same model as PVSC II. No work and six figure jobs around the horn again for every fireman. Another wasted year of $5 Million of the taxpayers money for a no work job. Mostly relatives and patronage to boot. The perfect storm of unemployment baby. The HFD should drink heavily this year as this will be a memorial parade for the existance of the HFD.

In fact, the Grand Marshal of the Parade is George King, Deputy Chief of the Kearny Police Department. Feel free to visit www.unitedirish.org for complete information on the parade. In case any readers are unaware, the St. Patrick's Day Parade is funded, organized, and presented by the United Irish Associations of West Hudson, Inc. The United Irish Associations are a group of non-profit organizations from Harrison, Kearny, and East Newark. The parade is financed through private donations and the members of the United Irish Associations select the Grand Marshal and any Deputy Grand Marshals.

Hope to see everyone at the parade on Sunday March 13, 2011 at 2pm

Guest Harrison Senior

More likely you'll see the HPD being disbanded and the Kearny PD expanding to take over law enforcement in Harrison. Expanding Kearny's patrol area by one square mile is very doable by hiring 15-20 new cops.

Harrison could fund this expansion and still save 2+ million annually.

With the closely built homes in Harrison, there will always be the need for a professional fire/ems

department so don't expect any changes there.

Guest screw u

More likely you'll see the HPD being disbanded and the Kearny PD expanding to take over law enforcement in Harrison. Expanding Kearny's patrol area by one square mile is very doable by hiring 15-20 new cops.

With the closely built homes in Harrison, there will always be the need for a professional fire/ems

your fat arrogrant bastards, your a bunch of wide loads that think your f***n special? cant wait till this governor shuts your ass down, call buddy to make you all cakes. what drunken idiots.

Guest guest

I think it would be great to have ex-Harrison Fireman Greg, " The Fraud'" Ellis as the Grand Marshall of the parade. After all, a man who is totally and disabled and can still be a full time fireman in another state shows incredible tenacity towards his profession....or if Harrison Fireman "Glass Jaw" is recovered from his beat down he would also be good. I predict at least one fireman getting beat down after the parade when he won't stop telling war stories in a bar to someone who can actually be a man and fight. If I'm there, I'll just watch him cry and get another malfeasance charge against me. That would be awesome. Someone should stay at the Harrison FD to man the ambulance to transport their busted up "brother," God knows no other fireman is going to help him. That would be a prudent measure.

You could apply the same thought to the HFD. Merge with the KFD and keep the line firefighters and officers. You wouldn't need the Chief's/Traning Officer/Admin Staff and that would save about a 850K right there (in salary and benefits).

Both departments are always responding to each others districts anyway.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

I think it would be great to have ex-Harrison Fireman Greg, " The Fraud'" Ellis as the Grand Marshall of the parade. After all, a man who is totally and disabled and can still be a full time fireman in another state shows incredible tenacity towards his profession....or if Harrison Fireman "Glass Jaw" is recovered from his beat down he would also be good. I predict at least one fireman getting beat down after the parade when he won't stop telling war stories in a bar to someone who can actually be a man and fight. If I'm there, I'll just watch him cry and get another malfeasance charge against me. That would be awesome. Someone should stay at the Harrison FD to man the ambulance to transport their busted up "brother," God knows no other fireman is going to help him. That would be a prudent measure.

I nominate Barney to be Grand Master. He could wear his Tin Man costume and I'll pee in the funnel he wears as a hat.

Guest Harrison Senior

your fat arrogrant bastards, your a bunch of wide loads that think your f***n special? cant wait till this governor shuts your ass down, call buddy to make you all cakes. what drunken idiots.

I'm not a fireman, you moron. The days of each and every town having their own police and fire depts. are coming to an end, and harrison is next. As I said before, Kearny hires 20 or so cops to cover one square mile of Harrison, Harrison pays all costs associated with these hirings plus overtime

and still saves millions.

After the police dept is up and running, the fire dept's should also be investigated for consolidation or merging, but that is more complicated because of the need to keep fire apparatus in Harrison.

The first target has to be the PD because that's the easiest to do.

Guest guest

How is fireman Glassjaw doing anyway? Any progress reports from the physical rehab clinic? He could be back in good health, but with a mousy little ego now and just in time to get pimp slapped again after the Irish Parade. It's not like he is going to expect any of his tight as glue brothers to help him this time, now he knows thats not gonna happen, so he should be advised to keep his blowhard war stories quiet and at a minimum. Watching him get pimp slapped was riveting to those wtaching, but they will be growing oranges on Mars before he fights back. Typical Harrison Fireman. Now make your Barney and chair comment again. Good boy.

I'm not a fireman, you moron. The days of each and every town having their own police and fire depts. are coming to an end, and harrison is next. As I said before, Kearny hires 20 or so cops to cover one square mile of Harrison, Harrison pays all costs associated with these hirings plus overtime

and still saves millions.

After the police dept is up and running, the fire dept's should also be investigated for consolidation or merging, but that is more complicated because of the need to keep fire apparatus in Harrison.

The first target has to be the PD because that's the easiest to do.

Not so complicated. You could even keep the current Harrison Fire Locations. Engine 3 on Cleveland and the Ladder at HQ with 2 EMS units. You consolidate the FD keep the line firefighter/officers and just eliminate the administrative staff, chief officers and training officer. Kearny can take care of that.

Guest Harrison Senior

Not so complicated. You could even keep the current Harrison Fire Locations. Engine 3 on Cleveland and the Ladder at HQ with 2 EMS units. You consolidate the FD keep the line firefighter/officers and just eliminate the administrative staff, chief officers and training officer. Kearny can take care of that.

No argument here but the PD has to be first, it's the easiest to do. Disband the entire dept. Kearny can select 20 or so of the present cops if they so choose to avoid the cost of training. The station can be taken over by the town hall. The town immediately saves millions, plus as promised, the state will give aid to towns that merge and civil service is eliminated. A win-win for both towns and taxpayers.

Guest Guest

To the fine Citzens of Kearny and Harrison, I would advise you to stay away from the inebriated fireman who will no doubt have nobody to take their frustrations out on so they will people try and thru their beer muscled eyes, try and pick on the smallest guy in a bar. I know they don't have a chance, they have proved it in various beat downs lately that they cannot handle their business. It's all mouth beer muscles, so they may try to take out their overwhelming EGO blow on an innocent citizen. I also am aware that any womean in the bar could easily overpower them, just keep an eye out. (Like the FF tried to keep his eye in after the ltaest beat down). To the Police Officers, have a good time, you deserve it. Thank you.

No argument here but the PD has to be first, it's the easiest to do. Disband the entire dept. Kearny can select 20 or so of the present cops if they so choose to avoid the cost of training. The station can be taken over by the town hall. The town immediately saves millions, plus as promised, the state will give aid to towns that merge and civil service is eliminated. A win-win for both towns and taxpayers.

Agreed. How many cops does Harrison have right now?

Guest Guest

Agreed. How many cops does Harrison have right now?

by cops you mean the patrolman? they are the one's that do the work and deal with the bullsh*t i would have to say 18, now the bitches who kiss ass and hide in their hoes,( i mean traffic and detective bureau )well, they dont count them bitches need to retire! dont forget the one's that hide under the desks (commander office, second floor, third floor) also need to get the f*ck out. :o:angry: