KFD

Guest guest

How many big Backdraft type fires has the KFD put out this year by running into burning buildings? NONE. What the heck do you guys do all day and night anyway besides cuddling with each other? NOTHING. I bet you have some cool fireman names like Bull, Axe, Pick and Muscles. If Harrison has 250 to 300 blazes requiring Hurculean efforts to put out a year, Kearny must have like 1,000. No fires yet this year, a month and a half, so you better pick up the pace to beat Harrisons brave mice because they will probably report at least 300 to the state this year to sound busy. You gotta do beter than NONE or no soup for you, 1 year! Step on a match or something and put in a report of the KFD responding. Being that the KPD and HPD are all brothers how are the 17 brothers you sold out so you could get a better raise doing. Do you call them Probies like on TV? Thats a cool fireman thing. A sold out Probie. Has Harrisons magical fire prevention tips spread throughout Kearny as well as because their are no fires there either. Could one of you tell me a war story to peak my interest. Go back like 25 years ago and in that time frame you must have dozens of war stories to amaze the public as to your brave skills and barely making it out of life. Put in a Mayday! call to impress us even more.

How many big Backdraft type fires has the KFD put out this year by running into burning buildings? NONE. What the heck do you guys do all day and night anyway besides cuddling with each other? NOTHING. I bet you have some cool fireman names like Bull, Axe, Pick and Muscles. If Harrison has 250 to 300 blazes requiring Hurculean efforts to put out a year, Kearny must have like 1,000. No fires yet this year, a month and a half, so you better pick up the pace to beat Harrisons brave mice because they will probably report at least 300 to the state this year to sound busy. You gotta do beter than NONE or no soup for you, 1 year! Step on a match or something and put in a report of the KFD responding. Being that the KPD and HPD are all brothers how are the 17 brothers you sold out so you could get a better raise doing. Do you call them Probies like on TV? Thats a cool fireman thing. A sold out Probie. Has Harrisons magical fire prevention tips spread throughout Kearny as well as because their are no fires there either. Could one of you tell me a war story to peak my interest. Go back like 25 years ago and in that time frame you must have dozens of war stories to amaze the public as to your brave skills and barely making it out of life. Put in a Mayday! call to impress us even more.

Well concerned Harrison metermaid there have been two so far. You probably didnt hear about them because they didnt require mutual aid and were knocked down with minimal damage. Thats called doing you're job, but you wouldn't know much about that seeing as you spend 90% of your time thinking about lies and then posting them on KOTW. The other 10 is picking up coffee and Dunkin Donuts and figuring out a hiding spot so you can surf the web in peace. Get a life loser.

It was "knocked down." Thats what I want to hear, that awesome fireman lingo that only the priveleged insiders get to know. I heard another phrase called "primary search." That one I got from when the Harrison FD pushed the panic button for Jersey City to come and help. There wasn't even a fire by the time they got there. One of the JC guys made a comment to another ff that "these idiots (Harrison FF) didn't even do a primary search. They wouldn't go in until we got here." Do you really call the 17 sold-out Kearny brothers "Probies" like on TV. I'm so exited and amazed by this. Do Axe and Bull from Backdraft really exist in the magical world of firefighting. Man that was awesome, "knocked down." Damn that's good. It's so pitifull that I can no longer speeak to you because its like trying to have an intelligent conversation with a dog.

I'm a police officer in Kearny, and is this person for real? Part of the fire departments job is fire prevention, inspections of proper safety gear and alarms ect.

Did you ever think that maybe they are doing their jobs and that's why there is such a low huge fire problem? Would like them to drive around town all day on the fire truck and waste fuel?

If the police are aggressive, make a lot of stops, stopping a lot of suspicious person/s, eventually the word gets around, and criminals are deterred from coming to town because they know there is a good chance they will be stopped by the police. So that year, crimes will be down. According to you, that would mean the police weren't doing their jobs? It doesn't make sense for the police department and doesn't make sense for the fire department either.

Maybe if you Harrison workers did the same, your town wouldn't be such a dump. Kearny has some great workers, that actually work together in emergencies for the benefit of everyone.

It sounds like your small town is full of crybabies and whiners. I'm sick of my tax dollars going to pay for your towns poor financial management. Its even worse when I see its being spent paying a bunch of guys who act like 80 year old women.

Guest Kearny Senior

What kind of a life can Barney have, at 2:24 am he's posting immature nonsense on KOTW.

What does a criminal look like? If you can spot a criminal instead of an honest citizen just by their appearance and clothes they wear you are one amazing cop. That has several names. Racial profiling is one of them. Violation of civil rights is another. Whats your probable cause for stopping these people? You didn't like the way they looked. Fruits of the poisonous tree; never hold up in court. How can you have proactive patrol when the town was recently going to lay you off. It doesn't seem to afford that luxury working with a skeleton crew. Make sure you go home safe your first priority. Take care of your family. The town is going to propose laying you off again next year anyway and this time you may not be able to stop it. You are reactive at best and its not your fault, its purposefull disbursement of the towns funds to nepotism jobs, patronage, Board of Education and so on that has limited your diligence, not you. The KFD is totally reactive. Did they dig out the hydrants when they were snow covered for the peoples safety? Of course not. It was cold outside. Most officers don't have your aggressive attitude and what is it going to get you. A complaint signed against you, someone suing you, and a lay-off at the end of the year. Stay safe young man.

Guest Kearny Guy

It was "knocked down." Thats what I want to hear, that awesome fireman lingo that only the priveleged insiders get to know. I heard another phrase called "primary search." That one I got from when the Harrison FD pushed the panic button for Jersey City to come and help. There wasn't even a fire by the time they got there. One of the JC guys made a comment to another ff that "these idiots (Harrison FF) didn't even do a primary search. They wouldn't go in until we got here." Do you really call the 17 sold-out Kearny brothers "Probies" like on TV. I'm so exited and amazed by this. Do Axe and Bull from Backdraft really exist in the magical world of firefighting. Man that was awesome, "knocked down." Damn that's good. It's so pitifull that I can no longer speeak to you because its like trying to have an intelligent conversation with a dog.

Yeah, knocked down, as in what would happen to you if I knew who you were. But you're safe in your mama's basement, cupcake.

Why the constant thretas of physical violence? Are you so bitter and angry with your status in life that you have to resort to violence as your only answer? The KFD put out 2 small baby fires in two months. That on line for 12 for the year. It's just not worth the money.

Guest Rescue me

I hear many years ago that the towns NJ had to take out the fire poles in the frat houses because so many ladies were going out on disability because they hurt their little ankles sliding down the poles. How traumatic that must have been. The sheer danger involved in going down on that pole (LOL)is so brave. I, duh, learned a new ff term today. Its supposedly the oxygen tank on their back called a Scott pack or more in hip fashion called a Scotty. Putting on a scotty and knocking down a backdraft. Damn! Wow! What a thrill! Yawn......

Yes metermaid hydrants were dug out by the ff as they are after every storm since you are so concerned about what happens in Kearny. If you cared this much about your police work harrison might be a tad bit nicer. And it's only called scott pack if it's made by scott. There is also msa and stagger. They don't call those scott packs or "scottys " as you came up with. It must pain you that your KPD brothers get along with the fire fighters. They don't need to throw out lies about their FD brothers and sisters to justify their jobs. I gotta tell you, you sure know alot about fire movies and some lingo seems to me like your a closet fire buff lil fella. :)

OOOOhhhh, MSA and Sragger. Very manly sounding suuply stores that sell whatever these things are, but you didn't comment on the actual message i sent because it's as true as it gets. One big yawn..................

I hear many years ago that the towns NJ had to take out the fire poles in the frat houses because so many ladies were going out on disability because they hurt their little ankles sliding down the poles. How traumatic that must have been. The sheer danger involved in going down on that pole (LOL)is so brave. I, duh, learned a new ff term today. Its supposedly the oxygen tank on their back called a Scott pack or more in hip fashion called a Scotty. Putting on a scotty and knocking down a backdraft. Damn! Wow! What a thrill! Yawn......

Actually they didn't take the poles out of any fire houses. They just mandated that new firehouse construction would not contain any.

What does a criminal look like? If you can spot a criminal instead of an honest citizen just by their appearance and clothes they wear you are one amazing cop. That has several names. Racial profiling is one of them. Violation of civil rights is another. Whats your probable cause for stopping these people? You didn't like the way they looked. Fruits of the poisonous tree; never hold up in court. How can you have proactive patrol when the town was recently going to lay you off. It doesn't seem to afford that luxury working with a skeleton crew. Make sure you go home safe your first priority. Take care of your family. The town is going to propose laying you off again next year anyway and this time you may not be able to stop it. You are reactive at best and its not your fault, its purposefull disbursement of the towns funds to nepotism jobs, patronage, Board of Education and so on that has limited your diligence, not you. The KFD is totally reactive. Did they dig out the hydrants when they were snow covered for the peoples safety? Of course not. It was cold outside. Most officers don't have your aggressive attitude and what is it going to get you. A complaint signed against you, someone suing you, and a lay-off at the end of the year. Stay safe young man.

I saw them digging out hydrants on Midland Ave, I assume they did others as well.

For tow weeks the KFD wouldn't answer the question as to why the fire hydrants were not cleared for public safety by the KFD. Now, after the snoe is gone instead of the little dusting we just had, it now yes, we dug out the hydrants. Why wansn't that question answered fot two weeks and now suddenly an answer when the snow is melted? I say it's because the people no longer cared they just wanted all the snow gone. The KFD dug out these hydrants you say. If you did you would have naswered the question the first time so the people could respond. You intentionally waited until the people no longer cared. How mischievious you little rascals. Any fires last night? Right answer, none, again.

Guest jus sayin

One thing I did notice during the snowstorms is that there were no gals from the KFC (Kentucky fried chickens) sorority house digging out snow or ice from the fire hydrants in case there was a fire. Why wouldn't the KFD dig out those hydrants in case of an emergency? They have 38,000 lives in their hands and couldn't even do that for the residents safety. I guess it was too cold outside for them. Its probably out of their scope of duty to care. I don't know why I would expect that considering they were nice and warm in there beds in the sorority house. I'm sure they had there cars dug out when it was time to home though."

There are 4 fire districts in the Town of Kearny each districts Firehouse are responsible for the hydrants in their district, over 700 hydrants in the Town.

Snow removal and clearing around the Firehouses is also the responsibility of the Firefighters, there are written orders/protocals for how this is done along with hydrant clearing, easily checked, just walk into ANY KFD firehouse and ask to see them, and while your there ask to see the Training logs as well, two birds one stone and all that.

Better yet take a ride through Town and try to find an uncleared hydrant,then come back here and list their addresses.

Prevarication is the fancy word for it,

But the plain and simple truth is...... you are a liar.

And a very poor one at that.

You've said in the past that you are not a Police Officer, that I believe.

I have too much regard for that profession to believe someone of your ilk would be welcomed or even tolerated by it's ranks.

However there is no doubt in my mind that the hatred and contempt you display towards Firefighters and Firefighting is only exceeded by your own self loathing.

How lonely you must be.

jus sayin

Copied and pasted from the original thread where the question was asked.....

On Feb.11

And answered on February 12th.

Next....

jus sayin

I tend not to publicly trash talk firefighters. Why? It's pretty simple. They'll put a fire out for me and carry me out of my home if my life is in danger.

However, when firefighters and cops go on this forum to entertain questions and comments from an idiot like the original poster here, that's when I have to stop and say, "What are you doing?" Seriously, what's the deal? You shouldn't be made to feel self-conscious by some moron who teases you about the overzealous attitudes you have toward your jobs. Clearly that enthusiasm is inherent to a position where your primary duty is to "SAVE LIVES." So come on, ignore this idiot.

As police and firefighters, your other duties include displaying honor and pride. Alas, all I see here is excessive pride and complete pettiness. Act like adults, please. I certainly wouldn't want a firefighter to show up to a fire at my house and punch me in the face because I wrote something mean on the internet; and I know that no KFD or HFD firefighter would actually do that, so why would you say that here?

Guest jus sayin

Perhaps the reason some of us in Public Safety have chosen to speak is because you chose to remain silent while this "gentleman" accuses us of not performing our jobs and cowardice.

Literally hundreds of Kearny residents have seen us clearing hydrants day and nite over this past winter yet only one person replies that he saw us clearing hydrants on this site.

As far as any threats, that poster does not identify himself as a Firefighter, so why would you think he was?

Having identified myself as a Firefighter in past posts I have always been more than respectful in my replies and will continue to do so.

I don't mind defending myself and my brothers on this site it gives me a chance to work on my typing and spelling skills, much needed or so I've been told ,lol.

And it teaches me how to be diplomatic when faced with difficult people.

jus sayin

I tend not to publicly trash talk firefighters. Why? It's pretty simple. They'll put a fire out for me and carry me out of my home if my life is in danger.

However, when firefighters and cops go on this forum to entertain questions and comments from an idiot like the original poster here, that's when I have to stop and say, "What are you doing?" Seriously, what's the deal? You shouldn't be made to feel self-conscious by some moron who teases you about the overzealous attitudes you have toward your jobs. Clearly that enthusiasm is inherent to a position where your primary duty is to "SAVE LIVES." So come on, ignore this idiot.

As police and firefighters, your other duties include displaying honor and pride. Alas, all I see here is excessive pride and complete pettiness. Act like adults, please. I certainly wouldn't want a firefighter to show up to a fire at my house and punch me in the face because I wrote something mean on the internet; and I know that no KFD or HFD firefighter would actually do that, so why would you say that here?

There's only one frustrated cop that types all this BS, that's Barney. He's jealous of the FF's because that's the job he'd love to have but he can't. He's a sad, angry and pathetic person and all his co-workers wish he would stop. He's an embarrassment to every cop.

Guest guest

You DEFEND your "brother" firefighters. Is that right? Where were you, defender of all that is right, when the "brothers" decided to sell out 17 of their own to get larger raises for themselves instead of representing all the "brothers" as a group. You gave them up like candy on Halloween. What a two-faced liar you are. Mr. Defender cares about what he gets, not everyone equally doing the same thing. If that wasn't true, then why the sell out Mr. Joe Cool Defender? Someday someone is going to sell your ass out and your going to say thru your tears," How can they do this to me?" Go cry on Christies shoulder Joe Defender, he'll tell you where to go. To the unemployment line.