Please Mayor Santos

Guest snowbound

Guest snowbound

This is getting ridiculous. Can't somthing be done to remove some of this snow? There is no place to put the snow on the sidewalks let alone the mounds left by the plows! If the residents on a block move their cars for an hour or two, can you please send a plow to clear the block to the curbs? Maybe declare more snow streets to at least get more of them completely open. Or at least keep the plows and salters going for another two or three days to clear the snow that is tossed back into the street by people digging out their cars......

This is getting ridiculous. Can't somthing be done to remove some of this snow? There is no place to put the snow on the sidewalks let alone the mounds left by the plows! If the residents on a block move their cars for an hour or two, can you please send a plow to clear the block to the curbs? Maybe declare more snow streets to at least get more of them completely open. Or at least keep the plows and salters going for another two or three days to clear the snow that is tossed back into the street by people digging out their cars......

I have to agree with this also... When is the Mayor going to do something about this snow..... WHAT A DISGRACE this town has become..... There are many places to put the snow... and where is all the equipment the town use to have to remove the snow??????? The corners are dangerous with the piles of snow.. Why are other towns removing the snow ... with no problems... we aren't the only town with money issues..... Guess MAyor Santos could care less about Kearny....... why not enforce street cleaning days and remove the snow ...... for the TAXPAYERS of Kearny to be able to park there cars and cross the streets safely...

this is crazy, Town on FURLOUGH! How can that be? Our streets aret a mess.School is open,crosswalks are a mess. Our childrens safty is being jeporized!!! Wow, this one is a no brainer, Furloughs during prime winter months. Mayor, what would happen, if, yesterdays snow came today? Taxpayers are screwed once again. You need a better solution than this. Taxes continue to go up, services continue to go down. Makes me realize, its high time to put yet another FOR SALE sign on the streets of KEARNY.

Guest John Leadbeater

I have to agree with this also... When is the Mayor going to do something about this snow..... WHAT A DISGRACE this town has become..... There are many places to put the snow... and where is all the equipment the town use to have to remove the snow??????? The corners are dangerous with the piles of snow.. Why are other towns removing the snow ... with no problems... we aren't the only town with money issues..... Guess MAyor Santos could care less about Kearny....... why not enforce street cleaning days and remove the snow ...... for the TAXPAYERS of Kearny to be able to park there cars and cross the streets safely...

Truth be told, I do not believe this mayor or council give 2 bits about what we think. This town is a danger zone. Snow piled so high at corners you need to pull all the way into the intersection to see. Children walking to school must navigate street corners that are full of ice and slush. Where are you Mayor? You are opening the town for a major lawsuit if something happens to one of our little angels. Why have we not opened up the snow emergency streets? There are areas around town where cars are buried and you can't even see them. Wake up. Today is a furlough day for all town employees and nothing is getting done. Use your so called genius and work it out. If you can!!!

Maybe you should call town hall and complaint and they will send some one out to take care of it. Oh but wait, all the town employees are on a off today because the residents complained their taxes are too high. You can't have it both ways so stop complaining about one or the other.

Guest Snow Bird

Money shouldn't be an issue. Move the cars on street sweeping days, and let the town's plows at least open up some parking. I understand the cost of removing the snow is crazy, but send the plows through and give us some parking. We'll deal with the huge mounds of snow as long as between them there are cleared spaces. Come on Mayor, help us!

I agree that the snow is a real nuisance, but where exactly would you propose that we put it?

You all complain about high taxes and too many town workers and now your complaining about the snow?

You layoff and make cuts in DPW this is what happens.

You make cuts and layoff police , crime gets out of control.

You can't have everything, and expect not to have to pay for it.

I agree with 100% but with furlough fridays there's no one to plow, Chestnut st between Johnston and Woodland ave's has not been plowed or salted as of today. I have been told by the town that the street would be put on the list, however Lincoln ave where Mace Bros. warehouse is located has been plowed, salted and is clean to the asphalt street. It would seem the town placates to business's but screw the homeowner and tax payer.

Maybe you should call town hall and complaint and they will send some one out to take care of it. Oh but wait, all the town employees are on a off today because the residents complained their taxes are too high. You can't have it both ways so stop complaining about one or the other.

Hey k town get a life. We have a right to complain. Our taxes keep going up and town services keep going down. I hope to god your street was plowed in case you need emergency services, they will be able to get there.

I agree with 100% but with furlough fridays there's no one to plow, Chestnut st between Johnston and Woodland ave's has not been plowed or salted as of today. I have been told by the town that the street would be put on the list, however Lincoln ave where Mace Bros. warehouse is located has been plowed, salted and is clean to the asphalt street. It would seem the town placates to business's but screw the homeowner and tax payer.

It's an absolute lie that Chestnut from Woodland south was not plowed and salted at the time you wrote your post. Absolute, straight out lie. Just another dummy looking for a place to vent I guess.

I agree that the snow is a real nuisance, but where exactly would you propose that we put it?

the town use to dump the snow by the marina {not in the river} whats wrong with dumping it in the meadows, or the gunnel oval or the fields we arent using now..... wait how they going to get it there.. the town got rid of all the trucks to haul the snow away in.... well hope they comeup with a solution word has it another big storm coming this week....

Guest Taxpayer

Business is suffering terribly on Kearny Ave!!! No walk in's! People won't get out of the car because there is no place to get to the sidewalk. I seen an accident on Bergen & Highland that was caused by the snow pile on the northeast corner on Saturday. I guess the Mayor & council won't be happy until all the stores are gone in town!!!!! VOTE THEM ALL OUT NEXT TIME !!!!! SEND A MESSAGE!!!!!

Guest Snow Bird

Just got a call that Kearny Ave will have snow removed tomorrow. Thats great, but What about the side streets where there is no parking? Mayor, council People, someone from DPW, make an educated decision and at least open up parking spaces on side streets. Help us people, please.

Hey k town get a life. We have a right to complain. Our taxes keep going up and town services keep going down. I hope to god your street was plowed in case you need emergency services, they will be able to get there.

I do have a life because I don't live in this town. I do work in Kearny though. It does no good to complaint here. Go to town meetings, visit Town Hall, complain to the Mayor and the people who represent you and let them have it. Posting here does nothing but show that you don't have the guts to complain in person. If you want real change you have to confront the people in charge, not say it here and then cower when you see the Mayor and council in person.

Mayor Santos and the council decided to give the each Kearny Fire Department member an approximately $10,000.00 bonus for Christmas and the KFD agreed to give back $2.50 cents a day (750.00 a year) to get that giant windfall of money. They don't live in town. Thats where the snow removal money went. So get out your shovels and dig youself out. The KFD should have the task of digging out the sowbound cars for certain situations like for the senior citizens. Instead, they just sit in the fire house which is plowed immediately for them. They are getting the big bucks, so get out shovels and help the residents.

Hey k town get a life. We have a right to complain. Our taxes keep going up and town services keep going down. I hope t god your street was plowed in case you need emergency services, they will be able to get there.

You do have a right to complain. My point is that is does nothing to do it here. Go to the people who run the town!

My question is what do the street cleaners do when the snow is on the ground??? By the way it is so funny to hear all you idiots complain about our fearless leader who does not live in town. Just keep voting for him.

It's an absolute lie that Chestnut from Woodland south was not plowed and salted at the time you wrote your post. Absolute, straight out lie. Just another dummy looking for a place to vent I guess.

your a lier, I know for fact that it was not plowed or salted when I worte that

your a lier, I know for fact that it was not plowed or salted when I worte that

No, you're the one who doesn't have a clue. My statement is fact. i know for sure because I plowed it. I can't help it if you and your neighbors threw it back in the street after I left. Get your facts straight. BTW, that street is one block long and lightly traveled, so it ranks right above dead ends in the plowing order. But, it was plowed and salted.