PVSC

Guest guest

It looks like plenty of jobs are going to end as early as the end of this month, as an article in The Jersey Journal has exposed his the Governors scrutiny to see that the PVSC is loaded with relatives all from the same families with outrageous salaries. They have to answer this allegation by Friday or the seven commissioners will all be fired and the jobs, including their family members, will also be fired. Thank God for this Governor. This will be a great blow to Harrison as many, many members of the same families are working their. He is also looking into how politicians in small towns got their jobs there and will also face the axe by being subpeoned to court as to how they they got their jobs. McMole may be collecting unemployment very soon. A Mayor of a town on unemployment along with council members and their family members. This Governor does not fool around. He does what he says. Another humiliating blow to Harrison because of impropritaries by the Mayor and Council. He is surely getting good information from someone. You go boy. May the dismantling of this place happen as soon as possible and the jobs be offered to real people testing for the jobs instead of politicions using it as "their own personal piggy bank" as Christie stated.

How many Harrison/E Newark folks work at PVSC? seems the reporter needs help, he did not mention any of the Harrison/E. Newark politicians who have jobs there? Is there a public database that lists names of these people? it is public information

If the Governor didn't know about the job swap McMole and **** made happen, he does now. He also knows about the many people from Harrison that are employed there in what my opinion is an illegal manner. I also threw in my opinions about the HFD when I spoke to his aid about nepotism and patronage jobs. She sounded very interested and was writing down names as I spoke to her. She even repeated some names back to me to make sure I spelled them right. GO Christie, go, the people wanna know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by KOTW
Content.

If the Governor didn't know about the job swap McMole and **** made happen, he does now. He also knows about the many people from Harrison that are employed there in what my opinion is an illegal manner. I also threw in my opinions about the HFD when I spoke to his aid about nepotism and patronage jobs. She sounded very interested and was writing down names as I spoke to her. She even repeated some names back to me to make sure I spelled them right. GO Christie, go, the people wanna know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank youy for making this happen, Christie should look into how every municipality also hires all their family members for favors and votes. Just check out the Mayor and Council and how many of their family members are in PVSC.

Dologhan = 6 family members

Bennett = 3 faimily members

Doran = 8 family members

Mandaglio = 3 family members

Huranga = 2 family members

Nascimento - 2 family members

My people Millan = 3 family members

Mayor = 4 family members

This does not include all their friends and family that work for the town of Harrison with favors from Powell, which the Mayor hired for more jobs at PVSC where Powell once was the Executive Leader and now sits on the board of Commissioners..... ON OUR TAX DOLLARS

********* as councilman was also given a job at PVSC where he still works along with 3 members of his family, as well as ********* when on the council he received a job at PVSC along with his son, cousin and girlfriend, his daugher received a job in HARRISON. Now that Millan is in office again they promised to get yet another friend a job for votes, guess who? ***** is now on one of the boards as the attorney!!!!!!!! They think we are realy stupid..... this must also stop...we need Christie to help this waste of our money. THE ABOVE LIST GOES ON AND ON

Edited by KOTW
Content. The information with respect to elected officials has not been confirmed.

The previous post that mentioned all Mayor and Council families working at PVSC better be posted, KOTW should be responsible for the transparency and acknowledgement of the people posting the truth, unless you too have a job at PVSC or Harrison??? step up not only when you want something but also when the people speak

Barney sure is a busy guy. When he's not posting Harrison crime on KOTW, he's busy writing the Governor's office telling them about all the bad things happening on the HFD.

What would we do without Barney on KOTW, there would be no laughs at all. What an idiot.

Guest downwithfedres

It looks like plenty of jobs are going to end as early as the end of this month, as an article in The Jersey Journal has exposed his the Governors scrutiny to see that the PVSC is loaded with relatives all from the same families with outrageous salaries. They have to answer this allegation by Friday or the seven commissioners will all be fired and the jobs, including their family members, will also be fired. Thank God for this Governor. This will be a great blow to Harrison as many, many members of the same families are working their. He is also looking into how politicians in small towns got their jobs there and will also face the axe by being subpeoned to court as to how they they got their jobs. McMole may be collecting unemployment very soon. A Mayor of a town on unemployment along with council members and their family members. This Governor does not fool around. He does what he says. Another humiliating blow to Harrison because of impropritaries by the Mayor and Council. He is surely getting good information from someone. You go boy. May the dismantling of this place happen as soon as possible and the jobs be offered to real people testing for the jobs instead of politicions using it as "their own personal piggy bank" as Christie stated.

Einstein proposed the Theory of Relativity.Harrison put it into practice.

Well jerkoff fireman, I said I spoke to a person at Christies Office, not wrote letters to them. You see, asshole, when you talk to someone and give them your number and name to call you back they don't think what you say is BS. I didn't call anonymously. I was proud of calling. Whoever gave the additional info. up about jobs, I assure you that I will be on the phone again tomorrow morning for a chat especially being it involves members of the HFD families. I will make sure I don't miss a thing and will express my disgust about illegally hiring all these non-Republican family members. I F**KING love this. I am developing quite the relationship with the guy at the top for my info. You don't think there is only one person who feeds info. to the Star-Ledger, do you? The Gov. Office and the Ledger columnists already know my voice when I call. Hey shit for brains fake fireman, you guys should start looking for new jobs. I can't wait until the town not only gets hit with "0" aid next year, but is called upon to repay some money they owe. You see, I know these things on the level asshole not just by comments on this site.

Guest waiting patiently

Dologhan = 6 family members

Bennett = 3 faimily members

Doran = 8 family members

Mandaglio = 3 family members

Huranga = 2 family members

Nascimento - 2 family members

My people Millan = 3 family members

Mayor = 4 family members

This does not include all their friends and family that work for the town of Harrison

Now that Millan is in office again they promised to get yet another friend a job for votes, guess who? ***** is now on one of the boards as the attorney!!!!!!!! They think we are realy stupid..... this must also stop...we need Christie to help this waste of our money. THE ABOVE LIST GOES ON AND ON

I am VERY excited about this and would do cartwheels if this would spiral down to the town level.

Millan: I voted for you when you ran for mayor years ago. You will NEVER get my vote again.

not one person on this council will get a vote from me no matter what ward I live in.

McDonough: I would love to plan your bon voyage party along with the rest of the sane residents who want change you cannot provide.

Thanks Maria, how is Stevie Boy doing?

Guest Joe the Plumber

Wow Christie is really on a tear lately. Now he has suspended all the commissioners at the VALLEY!!!!! including our own TOM POWELL. What is our little redevelopment guru going to do now??????? I'm not a big Christie fan but this day was a long coming....... now hopefully they can trim the FAT down there.... Anyway my water bill is outrageous and the sewer bill is equal or more than the water???? WTF... I know other towns that do not even pay for sewer. Do you think that we can get a discount?? half of our council, family members and our own mayor work there???? Damn anything will do...TOM why don't you just retire and screw and stay down the shore....YOU ARE AN EYESORE, Just like those 2 family ILLEGAL HOUSES on Cleveland Ave.

CLEAN OUT THE VALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check out the article below....

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/01/gov_chris_christie_fires_nj_of.html

Gov. Christie suspends six Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners, including Jersey City and Harrison officials

Published: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 8:43 PM Updated: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 9:04 PM

By The Jersey Journal

Journal file photoJersey City official Carl Czaplicki pictured with his wife Victoria at the Democratic Convention in 2008. Czaplicki was among six Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners that Gov. Christie suspended tonight. Victoria started working at the PVSC in 2003.

Spurred by resurgent revelations of rampant nepotism and cronyism at the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission, Gov. Chris Christie tonight suspended six of the seven sitting commissioners without pay, including a Jersey City department director and a Harrison official, and began procedures to remove them from office.

In letters to PVSC vice chairman, Carl S. Czaplicki Jr., the director of the Jersey City Department of Housing, Economic Development & Commerce, Thomas J. Powell, a Harrison redevelopment commissioner, and four other commissioners -- including PVSC Chairman Anthony J. Luna -- the governor said he was removing them for cause.

"Facts have been adduced which indicate" the commissioners are "no longer fit or able to serve ... have committed conduct which is violative of your Commissioner's oath ... (and) have violated the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioner Code of Ethics."

Reached at his home tonight, Powell was defiant.

"I ain't resigning. I have no plans on resigning. I have done nothing wrong. I stand tall. I have served the commission well for a number of years," he said.

A retired vice president at National Westminister Bank, Powell, 69, said the only relative he ever encouraged to take at job at the commission was his son, who worked in sales at the PVSC for about a year beginning in May 2001.

Otherwise, he said, he occasionally encouraged young people to apply, mostly for entry-level jobs.

"I knew some young people in my town and everyone wants a job as Passaic Valley," he said. They filled out an application and from that point on, I had nothing to do with it."

Powell declined to comment on the governor's actions.

Czaplicki was appointed a commissioner in 1999. Records show that Czaplicki's wife, Victoria, who was hired in 2003, is paid $70,676, while his brother, John, hired in 2001, makes nearly $90,000, according to an expose that ran in The Star-Ledger earlier this month.

Reached briefly by phone tonight, Czaplicki said he was not aware of the Christie letter. "I haven't seen it. I don't know what it means," he said.

Czaplicki promised a fuller statement, but never called back.

Last week, Czaplicki, a former chief of staff to Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, told The Jersey Journal that he played no role in the hiring of his wife and brother and hiring practices at the PVSC significantly changed after 2004.

"I think the governor's initial reaction is better guided or better directed at a Passaic Valley of the past," he said.

Czaplicki said he earns $108,000 from his city job, and $10,000 annually as a member of the PVSC. He earns a pension from both jobs, but waives health benefits provided by the commission, he said.

Czaplicki also receives a $1,500 annual stipend as an advisor for the Hudson County Schools of Technology.

The other PVSC commissioners the governor suspended are William Flynn, a retired Paterson firefighter; Frank J. Calandriello, the mayor of Garfield; and Angelina M. Paserchia, a former mayor of Belleville.

Kenneth J. Lucianin, a Passaic city councilman and an appointee of former Gov. Jon Corzine, was the lone commissioner spared. Considered a reformer, he will remain the governor's at-large representative.

The governor gave the commissioners until the close of business Thursday to resign. And any commissioner who doesn't resign was advised to report to the Office of Employee Relations on Jan. 31 "to be advised of the charges pending a future hearing on the merits."

Passaic Valley, which handles the waste of 48 communities in Bergen, Passaic, Hudson and Essex counties, has been under mounting pressure ever since revelations in The Star-Ledger earlier this month of widespread abuse -- including the hiring by commissioners of brothers, wives, children and in-laws; sweetheart deals for insiders; lucrative, no-bid consulting contracts, and lavish travel expenditures.

In those stories, the newspaper documented deals that benefited the communities of some commissioners, as well as a $46.4 million payroll inflated with highly paid employees with connections, including mayors, councilmen, and the former aide of a member of Congress.

The commission, with a $161 million budget, operates the largest sewage treatment plant in New Jersey.

The Star-Ledger contributed to this story.

© 2011 NJ.com. All rights reserved.

"I ain't resigning. I have no plans on resigning. I have done nothing wrong. I stand tall. I have served the commission well for a number of years," he said.

So said Tom powell,,,, How many ***** ***** do you have to stand on to make you "stamd tall"......

Edited by KOTW
Content.

UPDATE: N.J. Gov. Christie ousts six Passaic sewer authority commissioners

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Last updated: Wednesday January 26, 2011, 6:23 AM

BY RICHARD COWEN

The Record

STAFF WRITER

Governor Christie on Tuesday removed six of the seven members of the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners, citing a “pattern of abuse” in which they routinely hired friends and relatives and turned the sewer authority into a cash cow for the politically connected.

AP FILE PHOTO

The governor moved to fire the commissioners after they failed to respond in the timeframe he requested. Christie suspended the six commissioners without pay, and said it is the first step toward permanently removing them from the PVSC. Only Commissioner Kenneth J. Lucianin of Passaic was spared.

“The members of the PVSC Board of Commissioners have had more than enough time to begin reforming the commission, but have chosen instead to perpetuate a pattern of abuse,” Christie said. “They have repeatedly engaged in unethical hiring practices, secured unwarranted perks and blatantly ignored conflicts of interest. Using the PVSC as a personal spoils system will no longer be tolerated and this reckless disregard for unethical behavior will come to an end.”

Christie says he has grounds to terminate the commissioners because they have failed to live up to their oath to be fiscally responsible to 1.3 million ratepayers in Bergen, Passaic, Hudson and Essex counties.

Read the documents

Letter from Commissioner Flynn to the Governor's chief counsel

Letters from Governor Christie to the commissioners

Governor's Executive Order

The governor suspended the six commissioners after last week demanding they write letters indicating which relatives were on the payroll — and which contracts they had supported to politically connected friends.

Those letters were due in the governor’s office at the close of business on Tuesday. By 5 o’clock, six of the seven commissioners had complied. But one, William F. ¬Flynn of Wayne, sent an angry response demanding that the governor’s chief counsel, Jeffrey Chiesa, tone down the rhetoric.

Flynn demanded that Chiesa retract his statement that the commissioners had continued to “resist efforts” to reform the PVSC.

“The reams of documents and boxes of information we have sent in the last 6 years could fill your office,” Flynn wrote in a letter that was published on the website politickernj.com.

“My fellow commissioners and I have always had a vigorous debate on many issues, pro and con and that is part of the American process,” Flynn wrote.

“That being said please submit proof of your accusations that we have not conformed to the efforts of this administration and if I am wrong I will apologize to you. When I am forwarded this retraction, and an apology for the unprofessional tone of this correspondence I will immediately reply to your request.”

Flynn did not return repeated phone calls seeking comment on Tuesday night. But PVSC Commissioner Thomas J. Powell of Harrison said he would likely challenge the governor’s attempt to remove him.

“I might be a little guy, but I have enough stamina to stand up to the governor,” said Powell, who has been on the PVSC for 13 years. “I’d like to have a discussion with the governor and find out what I did wrong. I’ll stand tall to my reputation.”

It is not clear whether the governor, who has the authority to appoint members of the PVSC, has the power to remove them. For months, Christie has been pushing for legislation that would enable him to veto the minutes of PVSC meetings as a way to block any hires or contracts that smell of patronage.

By dismantling the PVSC, Christie turned the sewerage authority over to the executive director, Wayne J. Forrest, who will run the operation. Forrest assumes all the duties of the PVSC: to hire and fire, purchase, negotiate and renew contracts to keep the sewer authority running.

“The commissioners are not involved in the day-to-day operations, so this should have no effect, for now,” Forrest said.

Christie, who was taping a segment of “Ask the Governor” on Tuesday night, said Flynn’s letter was the last straw.

“This will show you just how out of touch these professional political hacks [are] and how entitled they feel,” Christie said. “This is outrageous and I’ve just had enough.”

Christie said state law enables him to start termination hearings because he believes there is cause to charge the commissioners with violating their oath of office.

Christie’s spokesman, Michael Drewniak, said Lucianin was not suspended because it appears he has had nothing to do with the fiscal mismanagement of the PVSC.

“We found he acted completely appropriately and did not engage in the conduct that led the governor to act as he did against the other commissioners,” he said.

Staff Writer John A. Reitmeyer |contributed to this article.|E-mail: cowen@northjersey.com

Governor Christie on Tuesday removed six of the seven members of the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners, citing a “pattern of abuse” in which they routinely hired friends and relatives and turned the sewer authority into a cash cow for the politically connected.

Christie suspended the six commissioners without pay, and said it is the first step toward permanently removing them from the PVSC. Only Commissioner Kenneth J. Lucianin of Passaic was spared.

“The members of the PVSC Board of Commissioners have had more than enough time to begin reforming the commission, but have chosen instead to perpetuate a pattern of abuse,” Christie said. “They have repeatedly engaged in unethical hiring practices, secured unwarranted perks and blatantly ignored conflicts of interest. Using the PVSC as a personal spoils system will no longer be tolerated and this reckless disregard for unethical behavior will come to an end.”

Christie says he has grounds to terminate the commissioners because they have failed to live up to their oath to be fiscally responsible to 1.3 million ratepayers in Bergen, Passaic, Hudson and Essex counties.

The governor suspended the six commissioners after last week demanding they write letters indicating which relatives were on the payroll — and which contracts they had supported to politically connected friends.

Those letters were due in the governor’s office at the close of business on Tuesday. By 5 o’clock, six of the seven commissioners had complied. But one, William F. ¬Flynn of Wayne, sent an angry response demanding that the governor’s chief counsel, Jeffrey Chiesa, tone down the rhetoric.

Flynn demanded that Chiesa retract his statement that the commissioners had continued to “resist efforts” to reform the PVSC.

“The reams of documents and boxes of information we have sent in the last 6 years could fill your office,” Flynn wrote in a letter that was published on the website politickernj.com.

“My fellow commissioners and I have always had a vigorous debate on many issues, pro and con and that is part of the American process,” Flynn wrote.

“That being said please submit proof of your accusations that we have not conformed to the efforts of this administration and if I am wrong I will apologize to you. When I am forwarded this retraction, and an apology for the unprofessional tone of this correspondence I will immediately reply to your request.”

Flynn did not return repeated phone calls seeking comment on Tuesday night. But PVSC Commissioner Thomas J. Powell of Harrison said he would likely challenge the governor’s attempt to remove him.

“I might be a little guy, but I have enough stamina to stand up to the governor,” said Powell, who has been on the PVSC for 13 years. “I’d like to have a discussion with the governor and find out what I did wrong. I’ll stand tall to my reputation.”

It is not clear whether the governor, who has the authority to appoint members of the PVSC, has the power to remove them. For months, Christie has been pushing for legislation that would enable him to veto the minutes of PVSC meetings as a way to block any hires or contracts that smell of patronage.

By dismantling the PVSC, Christie turned the sewerage authority over to the executive director, Wayne J. Forrest, who will run the operation. Forrest assumes all the duties of the PVSC: to hire and fire, purchase, negotiate and renew contracts to keep the sewer authority running.

“The commissioners are not involved in the day-to-day operations, so this should have no effect, for now,” Forrest said.

Christie, who was taping a segment of “Ask the Governor” on Tuesday night, said Flynn’s letter was the last straw.

“This will show you just how out of touch these professional political hacks [are] and how entitled they feel,” Christie said. “This is outrageous and I’ve just had enough.”

Christie said state law enables him to start termination hearings because he believes there is cause to charge the commissioners with violating their oath of office.

Christie’s spokesman, Michael Drewniak, said Lucianin was not suspended because it appears he has had nothing to do with the fiscal mismanagement of the PVSC.

“We found he acted completely appropriately and did not engage in the conduct that led the governor to act as he did against the other commissioners,” he said.

Staff Writer John A. Reitmeyer |contributed to this article.|E-mail: cowen@northjersey.com

Click here for more news from: Passaic County

I have as on this day Wednesday, the 26th of January 2011, 9:30 A.M. prepared and presented a comprehensive report about is in my opinion the many abuses of power in Harrison, NJ that are basically a theft of town funds. I was assured that the allegations would be thoroughly investigated in conjunction with the PVSC scandal as I was told when I exposed both alleged criminal and civil actions at PVSC. Harrison should be receiving a fine tooth going over as to jobs to relatives and patronage players in this cesspool of inequality to the residents. They have the names, titles, realtionships of the Harrison Town employees. I can't do everything alone. Please anonymously contact the authorities with any information that you have and I might have missed. We are all in this together. Thank you.

I have as on this day Wednesday, the 26th of January 2011, 9:30 A.M. prepared and presented a comprehensive report about is in my opinion the many abuses of power in Harrison, NJ that are basically a theft of town funds. I was assured that the allegations would be thoroughly investigated in conjunction with the PVSC scandal as I was told when I exposed both alleged criminal and civil actions at PVSC. Harrison should be receiving a fine tooth going over as to jobs to relatives and patronage players in this cesspool of inequality to the residents. They have the names, titles, realtionships of the Harrison Town employees. I can't do everything alone. Please anonymously contact the authorities with any information that you have and I might have missed. We are all in this together. Thank you.

No, Thank you for standing up for Harrison and for caring, I too am in touch with as many people as I can not only in hte Governors Office but also the DCA and the County. I stand with you because I care about Harrison, I'm with you. Thank you

Three cheers for Gov. Chris Christie's beheadings at the PVSC

Published: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 6:19 AM

By Star-Ledger Editorial Board

Aristide Economopoulos/The Star-LedgerThe Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners is an obscure agency whose payroll is swollen with the friends and family of those with political clout, while records show the funneling of thousands of dollars in no-bid contracts to political insiders.

Gov. Chris Christie’s decision to fire the overfed parasites among the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners gives voters a reminder of why they hired this guy.

He takes no prisoners. He is willing to bang his head through a brick wall to get something done. He is aggressive.

Yes, that trait can be obnoxious, as when he called Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver (D-Essex) a liar, and when he habitually trashes one of the nation’s best public school systems. He sometimes channels a high school football player looking for a pointless fistfight on a Saturday night.

But at moments like this, he is precisely the weapon we need. It brings to mind Abraham Lincoln’s response when critics pressed him to fire Gen. Ulysses S. Grant for being a drunk: “I cannot spare this man,” Lincoln said. “He fights.”

On Tuesday, roughly a week after The Star-Ledger’s Ted Sherman exposed the outrageous self-dealing at the PVSC, Christie moved to fire six of the seven commissioners.

No study commission. No promises to reform. No compromise. Boom, you’re done.

The commission, which oversees treating the sewage from four counties, is basically your worst nightmare of government in New Jersey. No-bid contracts for political friends. Lavish spending on lobbying and public relations. High salaries and generous benefits. Travel to conferences, always in warm climates. And an explicit system to let each commissioner give jobs to friends, relatives and political allies.

Last year, Christie made a pass at reform by firing the previous executive director, Bryan Christiansen, who was making $330,000 a year and fiddling at the edges. But after The Star-Ledger investigation, he demanded an explanation from the commissioners, and then moved to fire all but one of them.

This grim story does have one moment of comic relief. When Commissioner William F. Flynn, a retired Paterson deputy fire chief, got his note from Christie, he refused to answer it. Instead, he demanded an apology from Christie for the harsh tone of his letter. Good luck with that one.

Before this snake comes back to life, the Legislature should approve a bipartisan bill sponsored by Sens. Loretta Weinberg (D-Bergen) and Kevin O’Toole (R-Essex) that would give the governor veto power over any actions by the PVSC, along with the North Jersey District Water Supply Commission. Incredibly, the governor lacks that power today.

Yesterday, meanwhile, the six commissioners agreed to resign without a fight. That, at least, puts this sorry episode behind us.

© 2011 NJ.com. All rights reserved.

Thank you for your support and having the guts to also speak up. In the long run, it will produce results. The Town of Harrison is now hitting the residents with high sewer bills as they know they have done wrong and are trying to get the most money they can out of the people before they are forced to resign or fired. It has already produced results at PVSC that are going to continue with the firing of many more nepotism jobs. I have never, as one fireman put it, single handedly caused these events to go in motion, but I do think that my tenacious efforts, phone calls, and e-mails may have played a small part in whats going on. Thank you.

Guest Guest #2

Barney's gone off the deep end, he imagines himself as a super detective taking on imaginary villains.