gun buyback

Guest T-Bird

Guest T-Bird

Kearny should initiate a no questions asked gun buyback program like Jersey City has done several times to get guns off the street. They can use the $2.05 cents that the KFD "gives back" to the town to fund it. Problem is, with that kind of money they will only be able to buy back one gun. The KFD should have also cleaned up the blood but they were, as usual, too cowardly to leave the clubhouse. What the town needs is more cops on the street and less fireman sleeping at the fraternity house. Crime IS going to get worse with more incidents like this and when you have a skeleton Police crew on duty and a skeleton Detective Squad to follow-up on the crime what's the use. This was a miracle and an fine example of good Police work that solved this. It will not be the norm. Most incidents will stop at a filed one or two page Police report and thats the end. Better keep looking over your shoulder as unemployment is coming to an end and social security is making cuts. Believe me, the KFD has that fortress of a clubhouse locked down tight when they go to bed at night for their 10 to 12 hours of sleep. They don't live in Kearny, could care less what happens, and are taking millions of your tax money down the shore.

Guest BRENT R.

Kearny should initiate a no questions asked gun buyback program like Jersey City has done several times to get guns off the street. They can use the $2.05 cents that the KFD "gives back" to the town to fund it. Problem is, with that kind of money they will only be able to buy back one gun. The KFD should have also cleaned up the blood but they were, as usual, too cowardly to leave the clubhouse. What the town needs is more cops on the street and less fireman sleeping at the fraternity house. Crime IS going to get worse with more incidents like this and when you have a skeleton Police crew on duty and a skeleton Detective Squad to follow-up on the crime what's the use. This was a miracle and an fine example of good Police work that solved this. It will not be the norm. Most incidents will stop at a filed one or two page Police report and thats the end. Better keep looking over your shoulder as unemployment is coming to an end and social security is making cuts. Believe me, the KFD has that fortress of a clubhouse locked down tight when they go to bed at night for their 10 to 12 hours of sleep. They don't live in Kearny, could care less what happens, and are taking millions of your tax money down the shore.

I agree with you but the problem isnt with people who live in kearny its the people who come to kearny. I live where the shooting happened and I live close to harrison and on this part of town alot of people from newark and jersey city are coming here startin problems. Dont get me wrong im not sayin people from newark and jersey city are bad because i chill in both newark and jersey city but the kids are quick to pull out a gun and shoot someone. i Wrote on the forum that says kearny shooting and i told the people what happen and that there should be a clean up crew and people started talkin crap sayin i should clean it up and all this but i bet if the same happen to their house they would be crying. all i did was state my opinion and people wanna be a**holes... but other wise i completly agree with you

Guest Town Resident

The only question I would have for T-Bird, Barney or whatever is are you a disgruntled, bitter and angry Kearny or Harrison cop. He's constantly on both sites spewing his bitter rhetoric about firefighters which makes me wonder what crawled up his ass. My guess is he's unhappy with his job and wishes he took the fire exam instead of the police exam. In any event, I hope he gets some help with his anger.

Guest Jane Stern

You know that that’s not true.

You spent more time talking about the KFD and posting under different names then the number of people that even come to this page. At times all you do is have conversations with yourself posting as other posters.

Instead of posting under all the different names why don’t you come out like a man and post under your real name?

To satisfy your curiosity, I am not a Kearny or Harrison cop. I also never wanted to be a fireman or took the test. I am a retired individual living on a pension. My reasons for not liking the fire dept. as an organization are many. I do not dislike anyone as a person because of whatever job they have because that is to be judged individually because everyone is different, good and bad, in their own personal life. The Wall Street and Mortgage crooks who hurt millions of people for greed are the worst. These people have ruined the country to the point where it may not be able to bounce back. In my opinion, a fireman should not be a paid job because of the very little alleged work involved, a very marginal skill level, and the way they get their positions. Civil service is manipulated very easily by the politicians to get to who they want to gift with a job. People think civil service is not corrupt. I can cite many specfic examples of how it is for both hiring and promoting police and fireman. I think that a fireman making $100K a year is a theft from the people, similar to a doctor performing an unnecessary operation for the purpose of greed. People lived for a long time without paying to put out a fire and today society is no different. This whole paid fireman thing started out in NYC as a corrupt way to gift people with tax money without getting in trouble. The attitudes of the current day fireman are also horrendous. If they take a shit they are labled a hero. You signed -up for the job knowing the benefits as well as the bad points. So why act like you did a great thing every time a fire is put out with water. You are only doing your job. Like a grocery store owner selling a loaf of bread or a secretary creating a document. Are they heroes because of their actions? Nope. Just doing their job like you. It's nothing special or spectacular.

Guest jus sayin

Hmmm...Interesting,

You say that you don't judge anyone by their occupation but as individuals yet you refer to the local firefighters as "fratboys, urchins or what was one of your favorites? Oh yeah FIREBOYS!! lol.

No not too judgemental, not at all.

But that's ok, it's ok to hate and better to take your anger,disappointment and most apparent unhappiness in the cards life has dealt you out on your keyboard than to kick the dog, right?

Retired and on a pension, you forgot bitter and victimized.

Again that's ok too, after all it is YOUR life and you can do with it as you may.

But I wonder how deep you animosity goes....

If one day you were truly in danger and in need of help would you reach back to the hand of your rescuer the very one you disparage on these pages or would you stick to your guns draw back and let fate run it's course?

I wonder....

The first paid Firefighters were in Boston Massachusetts in 1679.

58 Years later in 1737 New York City established it's first VOLUNTEER Fire Dept.

Know your enemy.

jus sayin

Guest Kearny Resident

To satisfy your curiosity, I am not a Kearny or Harrison cop. I also never wanted to be a fireman or took the test. I am a retired individual living on a pension. My reasons for not liking the fire dept. as an organization are many. I do not dislike anyone as a person because of whatever job they have because that is to be judged individually because everyone is different, good and bad, in their own personal life. The Wall Street and Mortgage crooks who hurt millions of people for greed are the worst. These people have ruined the country to the point where it may not be able to bounce back. In my opinion, a fireman should not be a paid job because of the very little alleged work involved, a very marginal skill level, and the way they get their positions. Civil service is manipulated very easily by the politicians to get to who they want to gift with a job. People think civil service is not corrupt. I can cite many specfic examples of how it is for both hiring and promoting police and fireman. I think that a fireman making $100K a year is a theft from the people, similar to a doctor performing an unnecessary operation for the purpose of greed. People lived for a long time without paying to put out a fire and today society is no different. This whole paid fireman thing started out in NYC as a corrupt way to gift people with tax money without getting in trouble. The attitudes of the current day fireman are also horrendous. If they take a shit they are labled a hero. You signed -up for the job knowing the benefits as well as the bad points. So why act like you did a great thing every time a fire is put out with water. You are only doing your job. Like a grocery store owner selling a loaf of bread or a secretary creating a document. Are they heroes because of their actions? Nope. Just doing their job like you. It's nothing special or spectacular.

Barney, you are a liar,and not a very good one at that.

Guest Kearny's Bravest

The only question I would have for T-Bird, Barney or whatever is are you a disgruntled, bitter and angry Kearny or Harrison cop. He's constantly on both sites spewing his bitter rhetoric about firefighters which makes me wonder what crawled up his ass. My guess is he's unhappy with his job and wishes he took the fire exam instead of the police exam. In any event, I hope he gets some help with his anger.

Bingo!! Barney just got nailed.

Hmmm...Interesting,

You say that you don't judge anyone by their occupation but as individuals yet you refer to the local firefighters as "fratboys, urchins or what was one of your favorites? Oh yeah FIREBOYS!! lol.

But that's ok, it's ok to hate and better to take your anger,disappointment and most apparent unhappiness in the cards life has dealt you out on your keyboard than to kick the dog, right?

Again that's ok too, after all it is YOUR life and you can do with it as you may.

If one day you were truly in danger and in need of help would you reach back to the hand of your rescuer the very one you disparage on these pages or would you stick to your guns draw back and let fate run it's course?

I wonder....

58 Years later in 1737 New York City established it's first VOLUNTEER Fire Dept.

Know your enemy.

jus sayin

Barney's biggest decision of the day is what name he'll use on KOTW so we'll all think he has a following. You really have us all fooled, Officer Barney.

Hmmm...Interesting,

I wonder....

Know your enemy.

jus sayin

Jus?