Snow Stories

Guest Guest

The snow is causing havoc in Kearny. I don't think anyone expected so much snow. There is no where to put the snow. Wish we had a snow melter like Harrison. I live on Chestnut St and its a mess.

Guest downwithfedres

The snow is causing havoc in Kearny. I don't think anyone expected so much snow. There is no where to put the snow. Wish we had a snow melter like Harrison. I live on Chestnut St and its a mess.

The soccer field at Gunnel Oval can't be used?

Haven't anyone notice that the town really didn't do there job today.. have u seen how badd harrison looks like right now?

HINTS: Anyone see around the town hall how snowless it got??

Guest Liven on Reynolds Ave

Ever wonder what the owners due with the snow in their driveways? Well on Reynolds Ave in Harrison they just dump by shovel it into the street.Like today making driving so bad that several cars had to back down the street. Houses 25 to 31 just did that! I'm glad when we called the Police and They said that the Street Department would handle it, If was needed Emergency Equipment it would not have made it down the street..we need help with people who don't care, even if they do live in East Newark.

I think Harrison does an outstanding job when it snows. Not only do they plow ALL the streets while it's snowing, but they are also very quick to actually clearing the snow off the streets and then melt it away or cart if off. I always hear people complaining but when I travel thru other towns, it's quite evident that we are privileged with such great service. You can't honestly say that Harrison does a poor job of salting, plowing & cleaning the snow, can you?

Go check S5th street and jersey. Check Milan's street. Look at the sidewalk in front of the courts. Absolute disgrace that they look the way they do after the snow stopped 15 hours ago. Good luck to the residents that actually have to go to work on Tuesday. Horrible an if you think otherwise, you got you're head buried in the snow that wasn't cleared.

Ever wonder what the owners due with the snow in their driveways? Well on Reynolds Ave in Harrison they just dump by shovel it into the street.Like today making driving so bad that several cars had to back down the street. Houses 25 to 31 just did that! I'm glad when we called the Police and They said that the Street Department would handle it, If was needed Emergency Equipment it would not have made it down the street..we need help with people who don't care, even if they do live in East Newark.

Omg, so now your spare time your gonna B**ch?? listen,assault is a crime even if you worked for hudson co, douchebag stop playing cop your not! lmao.................

we have not seen that melter in years, what a waste of money

Harrison hasn't been allowed to use it in some time. Was great when they did. The DEP doesn't allow them to. Something about cause of street salting then melting the snow and the salt in the water getting into the river is dangerous. Honestly I can't see how that salt hurts THAT UGLY river at all.

I drove through Kearny and couldn't believe how terrible the roads were. Harrison residents have no right to complain, in my opinion. Kudos to the street department for working nonstop to not only plow the snow, but to also clear the streets of the snow. They have been working for the last 4 hours to clear my street of ALL snow. You can actually park your car in a regular spot without ANY snow, except for minimal piles on the sidewalk. Great job once again to the Harrison Street Dept. By weeks end, 75% of the main arteries in Harrison should be cleared of all snow. I am sure people will still find a way to complain about something though. The grass always seems greener on the other side, but just take a drive through Kearny and you will see what a failed attempt at snow clearing looks like. They have cars practically parked in the middle of Kearny Ave because of the massive snow piles left. UNACCEPTABLE!

I know I can always count on the Street Dept. to handle snowfall. Thanks again to all that contributed in the cleanup efforts. MUCH APPRECIATED!

Guest Resident

I especially liked the new uniforms that the cops were wearing during snow removal. Full beards, earrings, jeans and down jackets and their badges hanging around their neck. Nice touch

Guest Confused

Jersey street has signs for snow removal on Monday from 6am - 6pm. At 3pm Sunday, they were there to clear the street, no cops, no blocking off intersections, just a front loader and 2 dump trucks.

South 3rd St has signs for snow removal this past Friday, nothing was done.

Is the Public Works dept that out of control that they do whatever they want? As one employee was explaining why they don't go on the sidewalks to remove the snow (because people complained about broken sidewalks and not giving permission), the guy driving the front loader drives up on the sidewalk. As the front loader was coming down the street swerving from one side to the other for snow, cars were stopping and trying to dodge the oncoming equipment because the street was never blocked off with no one officer in sight.

I guess overtime on a Sunday is better than working as scheduled on a Monday since the rain would have washed most of the snow away by then.

I especially liked the new uniforms that the cops were wearing during snow removal. Full beards, earrings, jeans and down jackets and their badges hanging around their neck. Nice touch

those were the dispatchers dumbazzzz lol pretty hot right?

Guest BlueTideBacker

Jersey street has signs for snow removal on Monday from 6am - 6pm. At 3pm Sunday, they were there to clear the street, no cops, no blocking off intersections, just a front loader and 2 dump trucks.

South 3rd St has signs for snow removal this past Friday, nothing was done.

Is the Public Works dept that out of control that they do whatever they want? As one employee was explaining why they don't go on the sidewalks to remove the snow (because people complained about broken sidewalks and not giving permission), the guy driving the front loader drives up on the sidewalk. As the front loader was coming down the street swerving from one side to the other for snow, cars were stopping and trying to dodge the oncoming equipment because the street was never blocked off with no one officer in sight.

I guess overtime on a Sunday is better than working as scheduled on a Monday since the rain would have washed most of the snow away by then.

If you're confused you must have voted for the Disney characters in town hall.

Guest Confused

If you're confused you must have voted for the Disney characters in town hall.

I'm confused, not a moron.

I sure as hell didn't vote for this nonsense to continue for another term. Maybe one day the people will wake up and see what's happening. Probably the day when most the current employees retire and move to Florida.