20/20

Guest guest

Did any cops or fireman happen to catch Christopher Christie and the NJ comptroller on 20/20 last night? As a fact, you would see that the local towns in NJ are already defaulting on their municipal bond obligations and within the next 5 years and further out any working public employees will have to be going to some sort of personal 401K sysytem for retirement and medical benefits. So live it up to the maximum, then you'll be asking them what happened? I know Harrison and Kearny don't have the money to pay their short term obligations and long term obligations aren't even on their radar, so look out, here it comes. When you retire and wait for that pension check unless you are already retired, the mailbox will be as empty as your pockets. What good is your raise and retro check gonna do for you then? Nothing. Even if the most drastic measures possible like raising the contributions to 50% instead of 9.5%, the area towns still won't have enough money to fund the pension. Its not a prediction anymore, its a fact. Municipal bonding will not be an option because who is gonna buy the once safe munipal bonds when a town is already defaulting on them. You are gonna see a mass exodus of town workers with enough time-in real soon and head down the shore or suburbs. Your esteemed Mayor being one of them. If this don't wake you up nothing will. Later.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

Did any cops or fireman happen to catch Christopher Christie and the NJ comptroller on 20/20 last night? As a fact, you would see that the local towns in NJ are already defaulting on their municipal bond obligations and within the next 5 years and further out any working public employees will have to be going to some sort of personal 401K sysytem for retirement and medical benefits. So live it up to the maximum, then you'll be asking them what happened? I know Harrison and Kearny don't have the money to pay their short term obligations and long term obligations aren't even on their radar, so look out, here it comes. When you retire and wait for that pension check unless you are already retired, the mailbox will be as empty as your pockets. What good is your raise and retro check gonna do for you then? Nothing. Even if the most drastic measures possible like raising the contributions to 50% instead of 9.5%, the area towns still won't have enough money to fund the pension. Its not a prediction anymore, its a fact. Municipal bonding will not be an option because who is gonna buy the once safe munipal bonds when a town is already defaulting on them. You are gonna see a mass exodus of town workers with enough time-in real soon and head down the shore or suburbs. Your esteemed Mayor being one of them. If this don't wake you up nothing will. Later.

There will always be police and firefighters in Harrison, Kearny and beyond even though salaries and pensions will most likely be capped. And you will always be flipping burgers and spewing your hate on KOTW. Merry Christmas, loser.

Guest better times calling

There will always be police and firefighters in Harrison, Kearny and beyond even though salaries and pensions will most likely be capped. And you will always be flipping burgers and spewing your hate on KOTW. Merry Christmas, loser.

Well does anyone know if now with this merger with east newark,their fire dept will become our official dept and harrison will only keep ems personnel, i hear our dispatchers are running the show and theirs were given the pink slip. i say lets go with east newark fire dept and give the club house phatty's the boot for good. can we as residents chose???? their salaries are sinking our pockets. goodbye lets trim the phattys.

Guest The Mayor

Well does anyone know if now with this merger with east newark,their fire dept will become our official dept and harrison will only keep ems personnel, i hear our dispatchers are running the show and theirs were given the pink slip. i say lets go with east newark fire dept and give the club house phatty's the boot for good. can we as residents chose???? their salaries are sinking our pockets. goodbye lets trim the phattys.

Easy on the egg nog buddy, you're losing it.

Guest call the dca about it

call your consumer affairs dept (dca) tell them what you wrote here and your reasons. unless you speak up no one will follow up. especially when you pay taxes that are disgraceful considering who

s running with the money bags. go for it!

call your consumer affairs dept (dca) tell them what you wrote here and your reasons. unless you speak up no one will follow up. especially when you pay taxes that are disgraceful considering who

s running with the money bags. go for it!

Oi-Vey DCA is the Department of Community Affairs not consumer affairs dept. which by the way would be CAD.

Try to get some facts before posting.