little sheep

Guest guest

I like how the firemen refer to the reidents as "little sheep." Are the fireman the "big bad wolves?" That is a complete disgrace to call the very people paying your overblown salaries as "little sheep" that need you to protect us. F**K you. I was indifferent at first, but now after that abuse I'm glad your gettiing layed-off. Why don't one of you assholes call me a "little sheep" in front of my little 10 year old girl and then you'll be busy counting your F**KING teeth. Get out of town douchbag and don't come back. I will never support the fire dept. again and think you all S**K. You owe EVERYBODY a BIG apology. Sorry for the strong language folks, its only words, but sometimes strong words are needed to get your point across.

Guest jus sayin

If you believe everyone on this board or for that matter anywhere on the web is who they represent themselves to be you are quite naive.

As much as some people on this board would like to have you believe otherwise the Firefighters of the Town of Kearny, your Firefighters, do not in any way shape or form look down upon nor hold in contempt you the taxpayers. Never have never will.

We are quite aware of who we are beholding to and with over 38,000 residents (read supervisors) it would be pretty hard to forget.

Guest jus sayin

If you believe everyone on this board or for that matter the web is who they represent themselves to be you are very naive,

As much as some here on this board would like you to believe otherwise,we do not look down upon nor hold in contempt the citizens of Kearny, we are quite aware of who we are beholding to.

With 38,000 citizens it could easily be said we have 38,000 bosses, yourself being one of them don'tcha think?

And to the best of my knowledge this holds true for the Police Officers of the Town, your Police Officers.

Why would one of us go on the web and intentionally antagonize you? What is there to be gained?

More importantly what more could be lost.

I'm sorry your angry but you are barking up the wrong tree.

Someone out there is playing games..... don't be one of his pawns.

jus sayin

Guest 2smart4u

I like how the firemen refer to the reidents as "little sheep." Are the fireman the "big bad wolves?" That is a complete disgrace to call the very people paying your overblown salaries as "little sheep" that need you to protect us. F**K you. I was indifferent at first, but now after that abuse I'm glad your gettiing layed-off. Why don't one of you assholes call me a "little sheep" in front of my little 10 year old girl and then you'll be busy counting your F**KING teeth. Get out of town douchbag and don't come back. I will never support the fire dept. again and think you all S**K. You owe EVERYBODY a BIG apology. Sorry for the strong language folks, its only words, but sometimes strong words are needed to get your point across.

Testy aren't we? Must be that time of the month.

Now wait, I'm confused. The "Big Bad Wolf" was from Little Red Riding Hood, and perhaps it could be stretched to The Three Little Pigs, but the sheep reference has no bearing. BTW, you do realize "layed" off is not a word, right?

You can't always live down a remark about people once its out there. Things such as making a mockery of the families in those houses that you never look at when you drive in and out of town struggling thru tough times after losing jobs, not having medical insurance for their children, and senior citizens not being able to buy medication to live their remaining years in dignity may seem amusing to you, but not to the people living it. No matter how young old or young the Kearny and Harrison firemen are, it is apparent that they were never raised by good parents or listened to good parents if they had them. I tend to think they were good, the older generation around now seem to see the big picture better than the youngsters, me included being in my forties. Longevity does have its place in society. You just don't have the wisdom or empathy for others which they do or did. If you haven't gotten how damaging what you said is and how troublesome it is that you think like that, you never will. Things such as your statements always come around in life somehow to bite you with a vengeance. Karma. I just hope your children, if you have any, can see thru your cruel words and mannerisms towards other human beings that I am sure you display on a daily basis and do a better job than you at seeing whats really important in life other than ego's and money.

If you believe everyone on this board or for that matter the web is who they represent themselves to be you are very naive,

As much as some here on this board would like you to believe otherwise,we do not look down upon nor hold in contempt the citizens of Kearny, we are quite aware of who we are beholding to.

With 38,000 citizens it could easily be said we have 38,000 bosses, yourself being one of them don'tcha think?

And to the best of my knowledge this holds true for the Police Officers of the Town, your Police Officers.

Why would one of us go on the web and intentionally antagonize you? What is there to be gained?

More importantly what more could be lost.

I'm sorry your angry but you are barking up the wrong tree.

Someone out there is playing games..... don't be one of his pawns.

jus sayin

Well said. I am pretty sure most of the Department does not think that way.

Guest If the Fleece Fits

Anyone who blindly believes the Politicians concerning the Town's Finances IS A LITTLE SHEEP... If You as the head of your household, knowing full well what your bills are fail to budget appropriately, or, worse yet, borrow money to pay bils, are YOU to blame, or are your creditors to blame when the whole house of cards comes tumbling down? This town has been running on borrowed money for years, either from the pension payments they chose (Chose, not were mandated) to defer payment on, or by "balancing their budget on "Expected" State Aid. YOU people keep putting the same tired old hacks in Office, then complaining about the job they do..but believe them when they blame every other person but themselves.....Then Blindly go on to re-elect the same problems back into office.

As for the Cops and Firemen, THEY arent the Wolves..they are the Sheepdogs, and like Most sheep, you folks dont like them..till it all goes into the Crapper, and you're screming for the Dogs to come protect you from the wolves.

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Let me expand on this old soldier’s excellent model of the sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world. They can accept the fact that fires can happen, which is why they want fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, fire alarms and fire exits throughout their kids’ schools. But many of them are outraged at the idea of putting an armed police officer in their kid’s school. Our children are dozens of times more likely to be killed, and thousands of times more likely to be seriously injured, by school violence than by school fires, but the sheep’s only response to the possibility of violence is denial. The idea of someone coming to kill or harm their children is just too hard, so th...ey choose the path of denial.

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn’t tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, “Baa.”

Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.

You can't always live down a remark about people once its out there. Things such as making a mockery of the families in those houses that you never look at when you drive in and out of town struggling thru tough times after losing jobs, not having medical insurance for their children, and senior citizens not being able to buy medication to live their remaining years in dignity may seem amusing to you, but not to the people living it. No matter how young old or young the Kearny and Harrison firemen are, it is apparent that they were never raised by good parents or listened to good parents if they had them. I tend to think they were good, the older generation around now seem to see the big picture better than the youngsters, me included being in my forties. Longevity does have its place in society. You just don't have the wisdom or empathy for others which they do or did. If you haven't gotten how damaging what you said is and how troublesome it is that you think like that, you never will. Things such as your statements always come around in life somehow to bite you with a vengeance. Karma. I just hope your children, if you have any, can see thru your cruel words and mannerisms towards other human beings that I am sure you display on a daily basis and do a better job than you at seeing whats really important in life other than ego's and money.

How can you so cavalierly make judgments about other people? Just because someone disagrees with you, it is a leap, to say the least, to suggest that they were not raised by good parents, or their character should be in question. Your arguments are weak, and that is fine. But, it is reprehensible that your anger allows you to so easily pass judgment on others. I am not a fireman, a cop, or public servant in any capacity, but I find your statements boorish and demeaning. It is certainly possible that SOME of the police, fireman, etc. may have some of the flaws that you have mentioned, but it is unfair to apply that to ALL of them. I know some to be very caring, compassionate people.

Whatever shortcomings these people may have, pale in comparison to your own character flaws. My advice, heal from WITHIN, until you like yourself, you will never like others.

I cannot believe that someone is taking the fireman's side after what they said. Stockholm syndrome in full effect. They outright abused the citizens while taking a tantrum before Mayor Santos, who I will never respect again, caved-in to the KFD's demands. You didn't see the Police turn on the residents because they actually care about the people whether you believe it or not. Did you read that diatribe about the wolf story? Unbelievable! These fireman really believe that the residents would surely perish if even one of them were let go. Newark terminated 15% of the Police force and they acted with more dignity than the KFD. This is a problem that should be addressed by psychological counseling and even drug testing similar to the issue in Harrison. People lived fine before these paid fire depts. ever existed, and they will after they are gone. Hopefully sooner than later.

Guest Taxpayer

I cannot believe that someone is taking the fireman's side after what they said. Stockholm syndrome in full effect. They outright abused the citizens while taking a tantrum before Mayor Santos, who I will never respect again, caved-in to the KFD's demands. You didn't see the Police turn on the residents because they actually care about the people whether you believe it or not. Did you read that diatribe about the wolf story? Unbelievable! These fireman really believe that the residents would surely perish if even one of them were let go. Newark terminated 15% of the Police force and they acted with more dignity than the KFD. This is a problem that should be addressed by psychological counseling and even drug testing similar to the issue in Harrison. People lived fine before these paid fire depts. ever existed, and they will after they are gone. Hopefully sooner than later.

Well said Governer Christie!

What did the firemen say? The only quote I see is from the original poster, and that is hearsay, not a quote. Maybe I missed something, but at no point, at the Town Meeting, did I hear the fire department say anything derogatory about the residents. Again, if I missed something, please let me know.

Psycological counseling drug testing and they should all have to pass a physical fitness test every year,

The "house of cards" is the entire town of Kearny you pompous jackass not each individuals home budget. When you're taxes skyrocket next year 25%, figure that into you OWN home budget and see who is paying for the house of cards. It ain't the fireman, they don't live here. Guess who it is jackass? You, yes you!!

What did the firemen say? The only quote I see is from the original poster, and that is hearsay, not a quote. Maybe I missed something, but at no point, at the Town Meeting, did I hear the fire department say anything derogatory about the residents. Again, if I missed something, please let me know.

The Stupid is STRONG lately in Kearny..especially since the person who made the Sheep comment has kPd in his handle...doesnt sound like a Firefighter to me... Methinks those Selfsame Wooly Ruminants Doth protest Too Much. Oh and for theRecord, the Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs Essay is from LtC Dave Grossman (USA-Ret) and Quite true in fact. I'm rather surprised some of our alleged "Veterans" haven't remarked on that since his books have become almost required Reading.

The "house of cards" is the entire town of Kearny you pompous jackass not each individuals home budget. When you're taxes skyrocket next year 25%, figure that into you OWN home budget and see who is paying for the house of cards. It ain't the fireman, they don't live here. Guess who it is jackass? You, yes you!!

The 2% Cap on property tax is in effect until April 1st, 2014. So...

What was everyone complaining about like a week or so ago?? A ticket blitz maybe?!?!?! What do you call that?

The Harrison Jackasses moving north as one of the Cops so eloquently put it..... NEVER had this nonsense here before, now Suddenly SOMEONE is trying to drive a Wedge between the Cops and Firemen, and the Citizens and Firemen. Seems SOMEONE has an issue with the Firefighters, and it Does NOT appear to be the cops. In my opinion, it sounds like SOMEONE expected their political patron to get them a job, and when the FD didnt play along now they are trying to rag on the entire department. Typical Crybaby politics...Hudson County at it's best.