Fires

Guest guest

I visited some friends in Harrison over the Thanksgiving holiday and the issue of the fire department came up. I told them that someone posted a fact from state statistics that there were something like 276 fires in 2008 or 2009. They didn't believe me. When we went to the actual post the people I was with who live in Harrison were rolling with laughter. They said the only fire they remember was the one on Harrison Avenue in which like 4 other fd's actually put out the fire with Harrison as the backup units. The laughter quickly stopped when they were reminded that they are paying $5 million out of their own pockets for these malingerers to socialize at what best can be be described as a fraternity house. Delta Do Nothing (DDN). What a sickening lie to purposely present to the state these highly inflated statistics just to keep the HFD a paid entity, a cash cow to the firemen, instead of an easy conversion to a volunteer FD with no difference at all for the same exact thing. What kind of demented minds have you elected to a town council that willingly hurts the people like this. Bruce Springsteen wrote a song called, "42 shots." I wonder if he could write a song about a worse crime that by far called, "24 percent." Go McDonough, live large baby!

Guest BlueTideBacker

I visited some friends in Harrison over the Thanksgiving holiday and the issue of the fire department came up. I told them that someone posted a fact from state statistics that there were something like 276 fires in 2008 or 2009. They didn't believe me. When we went to the actual post the people I was with who live in Harrison were rolling with laughter. They said the only fire they remember was the one on Harrison Avenue in which like 4 other fd's actually put out the fire with Harrison as the backup units. The laughter quickly stopped when they were reminded that they are paying $5 million out of their own pockets for these malingerers to socialize at what best can be be described as a fraternity house. Delta Do Nothing (DDN). What a sickening lie to purposely present to the state these highly inflated statistics just to keep the HFD a paid entity, a cash cow to the firemen, instead of an easy conversion to a volunteer FD with no difference at all for the same exact thing. What kind of demented minds have you elected to a town council that willingly hurts the people like this. Bruce Springsteen wrote a song called, "42 shots." I wonder if he could write a song about a worse crime that by far called, "24 percent." Go McDonough, live large baby!

Our tough guy cop is once again venting his jealousy and resentment over not taking the FD test instead of the PD test. Eat your heart out, you poor slob.

Guest Kearny1

5 mil out of your pocket? Yeah right. Harrison is a distressed city. How about 5 mil out of everyone roses pocket in NJ. All that free money doesn't drop out of the air. You guys also sound like cry babies arguing back and forth. Our patrolmen make more then you supervisors do. There the pi$$ing match is over, we win.

Our tough guy cop is once again venting his jealousy and resentment over not taking the FD test instead of the PD test. Eat your heart out, you poor slob.

So your proud the town had no money to install a quality phone system for residents? as long as they support your club house! let the residents use the tin can and string method as long as you guys eat sleep and do reality shows, well that's special! was that on the fire test??

I'm the one who made the posts. I got the statistics from the state. I explained that stat saying it that number ranged anything from a garbage can fire, to a car fire, to an electrical panel fire all the way to a full house fire. I explained that stat, obviously you did not at your Thanksgiving meal. Far to often people on this board focus in on one thing and ignore the context or the supporting facts. Don't turn my statistics to mean only house fires as I made that clear when I posted originally on the matter.

If that is the only Fire all those people at your Thanksgiving meal can recall either they have bad memories or are not aware of some of the other fires. Franklin Ave last December was a real bad one. Harrison Ave by BK this past year, Davis Street this past year, Mobus fire this past year, there was a nasty basement fire about a month I can't remember the street. A bad brush fire on 280 caused by an overturned car. Thats just to name a few over the past 12 months.

Do you guys really want more fire? The reason that most of these fires didn't become multiple home fires is because the FD's did a real good job at knocking it down. Typically the FF's at any Harrison Fire will be Harrison, Kearny and East Newark... they all are doing a real great job at putting out fire.

Also the FD no longer costs that much (I always thought it was in the 4 millions never 5 but I could be wrong) but they have made many cuts. Harrison can't afford any additional reduction in manpower.

Guest screwThemHaters

I'm the one who made the posts. I got the statistics from the state. I explained that stat saying it that number ranged anything from a garbage can fire, to a car fire, to an electrical panel fire all the way to a full house fire. I explained that stat, obviously you did not at your Thanksgiving meal. Far to often people on this board focus in on one thing and ignore the context or the supporting facts. Don't turn my statistics to mean only house fires as I made that clear when I posted originally on the matter.

If that is the only Fire all those people at your Thanksgiving meal can recall either they have bad memories or are not aware of some of the other fires. Franklin Ave last December was a real bad one. Harrison Ave by BK this past year, Davis Street this past year, Mobus fire this past year, there was a nasty basement fire about a month I can't remember the street. A bad brush fire on 280 caused by an overturned car. Thats just to name a few over the past 12 months.

Do you guys really want more fire? The reason that most of these fires didn't become multiple home fires is because the FD's did a real good job at knocking it down. Typically the FF's at any Harrison Fire will be Harrison, Kearny and East Newark... they all are doing a real great job at putting out fire.

Also the FD no longer costs that much (I always thought it was in the 4 millions never 5 but I could be wrong) but they have made many cuts. Harrison can't afford any additional reduction in manpower.

you're absolutely right doc

Frankly ave was a huge fire - the building is still up but barely -- haters should pass by and see the damage caused to this fire and didn't spread to the other buildings, thanks for kearny and east nwk for their awesome help

scott mobus fire another fire that was a duplex style building on the border of east newark, onces again it was another great stop

north 5th street fire near central ave

B52 bar fire

cleveland ave window fire near passaic ave - quick stop

cleveland ave fence fire almost extended to house

route 280 car flipped over caught fire and created a huge brush fire

electrical fire at the storage place in front of the library

tree fire against a house on passaic ave that east newark took care of while harrison was in union city helping fight their fire

sussex street fire on the corner of 2nd street

lets not forget the fatal fire on sussex street

many car fires, 3 large trucks on fire near red bull, mostly all kearny fires, many times to union city and north bergen to help on their large fires etc

these are fires that i remember in 2010 and 2011 but lets be real do you really want a fire in town every day? the fire dept does have down time, but isn't that a good thing? do you really want us fighting house fires EVERYDAY? are you SERIOUS? the town will be burnt to the ground as newark was in their riots in the 60's.. listen you all asked for cuts to be made in the fd and pd and they were made.. all or most top heavy members retired the past year to prevent layoffs so if that isnt enough then maybe you should move to millburn, but brace yourself for those 10k+ taxes.. if you want low taxes then pack your stuff and move to newark if you want 2k taxes, oh wait.. they just laid off 167 cops, since you support public safety cuts and low taxes then maybe you should give newark a shot.. stop your cry baby ways and deal with it.. this is the way it is and this is the way its going to be for a long time.. you can however move to the amazon and fend for yourself

ADDITIONALLY

cry babies hope you realise everytime there is an EMS call in harrison the fire dept has to take one of the 2 fire trucks out of service to man the ambulance so hopefully there arent fires in town while they are on the way to university or clara mass hospital because it is not rare for 2 harrison EMS's to be out on calls at the same time because your tummy hurts or you cant wipe your ass on your own, in fact get a cheap scanner from radio shack you will see that there are double ems calls in town many times a day -- which means.. yes, thats right, you have absolutely NO FIRE PROTECTION in town since harrison fd (even if they werent on EMS calls) has no manpower what so ever

If the Harrison fire dept. is so masterfull and skilled at what they, then why do E. Newark, Kearny, and dpts. as far away as Jersey City get called before any Harrison fire personnel even arrive at the scene? They panic and shake when a match is lit. Quit your bragging about something that is not backed-up by facts. There is no way a fireman in the little rinky-dink town of Harrison should be making between $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 a year for their part-time welfare stipend when the town is going broke. By this time next year the town isn't going to be able to make payroll anyway. What are the council going to do, bond again? What you, retardo, fail to see is the inability that the town has to meet these bond obligations. You clearly have a limited scope of finance of the world beyond the one square mile.