Parking tickets

Guest Tickets

The ticket blitz which I am sure these cops will deny is a childish way to show the town that they are needed and to throw their muscle around in the negotiations with the town over layoffs.My question is why don't they write this many tickets year round? Probably because there was never a fear of layoffs up until now Maybe if they did their jobs year round like they are supposed to instead of just when it suits them maybe there wouldn't be layoffs.

Guest D. Colon

Here we go. Someone (Mayor or BA) was kind enough to call the jersey journal yesterday and tell them there is an alleged ticket blitz going on because of layoff to the police department. The article's headline even said its just alleged , and it might be because of layoffs. Just another way, the mayor can make one of the towns union look bad to the people. A little birdie told me the email address was from the town of kearny, so you do the math. The fact the original poster got two parking tickets means what? He illegally parked and got tickets for it?

There was one incident in the paper about a cop and another town worker and rumors spread about a so called ticket blitz. If your parked illegally your gonna get a ticket, or if you don't move your car for street cleaning. The fact that the town is terminating 17 guys has nothing to do with it.

All its going to be is TONS of overtime for the workers.

The ticket blitz which I am sure these cops will deny is a childish way to show the town that they are needed and to throw their muscle around in the negotiations with the town over layoffs.My question is why don't they write this many tickets year round? Probably because there was never a fear of layoffs up until now Maybe if they did their jobs year round like they are supposed to instead of just when it suits them maybe there wouldn't be layoffs.

If they are writing tickets because someone is parked half in the yellow 3am on a sunday night,when there is no parking... I dont know sounds like we need to lay more off if they have nothing better to do.

Why don't you just park legally? :o

Guest Cop Watcher

Here we go. Someone (Mayor or BA) was kind enough to call the jersey journal yesterday and tell them there is an alleged ticket blitz going on because of layoff to the police department. The article's headline even said its just alleged , and it might be because of layoffs. Just another way, the mayor can make one of the towns union look bad to the people. A little birdie told me the email address was from the town of kearny, so you do the math. The fact the original poster got two parking tickets means what? He illegally parked and got tickets for it?

There was one incident in the paper about a cop and another town worker and rumors spread about a so called ticket blitz. If your parked illegally your gonna get a ticket, or if you don't move your car for street cleaning. The fact that the town is terminating 17 guys has nothing to do with it.

All its going to be is TONS of overtime for the workers.

I know multiple people with multiple tickets this week. People who live in this town, people who pay taxes. Most of them young people with college bills and minimum wage jobs. People just getting by. People that have been laid off, or took a pay cuts. People that actually work for a living and would love nothing more than a parking spot at least 2 blocks away from their house. Yes it means I got two parking tickets when I illegally parked. But most importantly the most parking tickets Ive gotten in the past five years. No need to write a resident, a RESIDENT, a ticket for parking half in the yellow, NOT A hydrant , half way in the yellow on a Sunday night. And $35? where they get that number from, lottery machines? There absolutely is a ticket blitz.

Why don't you just park legally? :o

I am all for the ticket blitz you moron.I just want it done all year round not just when the cops are in labor talks you idiot. Read the post fully before you comment.

I am all for the ticket blitz you moron.I just want it done all year round not just when the cops are in labor talks you idiot. Read the post fully before you comment.

I don't think the suggestion that people just follow the rules warranted your name calling - really moron? idiot? - I did read your post. Believe it or not, but this idiot has been driving for over 25 years and I've never gotten a moving violation or a parking ticket. You see, I don't over-react when spoken to, and generally I do what I'm supposed to do. If everyone did as they were supposed to do, there wouldn't be a need for half of the police force and the town wouldn't make any money on a ticket binge. Have a lovely Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

Guest Got a ticket so im sad

I know multiple people with multiple tickets this week. People who live in this town, people who pay taxes. Most of them young people with college bills and minimum wage jobs. People just getting by. People that have been laid off, or took a pay cuts. People that actually work for a living and would love nothing more than a parking spot at least 2 blocks away from their house. Yes it means I got two parking tickets when I illegally parked. But most importantly the most parking tickets Ive gotten in the past five years. No need to write a resident, a RESIDENT, a ticket for parking half in the yellow, NOT A hydrant , half way in the yellow on a Sunday night. And $35? where they get that number from, lottery machines? There absolutely is a ticket blitz.

Boo Hoo, cry me a river. So a resident gets a ticket for parking illegally. How is that the cops fault? If i do not get up in time to move my car for street cleaning, i get one too. Except the only person I blame , is myself. Not society, not the fact i still have college tuition bills. And yes, the cops have nothing better to do at 2am in the morning on a sunday then to give you a ticket. If you were parked in a legal parking spot you wouldn't have gotten one. Just because your a resident doesn't mean you can do whatever it is you want to do. Laws aren't "suggestions" that you can pick and choose which to follow. If you park in the yellow, you know there is a chance you might get a ticket. Its the same risk i take when i park during street cleaning and do not get out in time to move it.

And your saying $35.00 for the ticket is sounds suspicious to you? Wanting to know where they got that number from? Please , please tell me , you do not believe the police can pick and choose how much the fines cost. Because if you do believe that, then we can all stop wasting our time replying to you, because you are a lost cause.

I don't think the suggestion that people just follow the rules warranted your name calling - really moron? idiot? - I did read your post. Believe it or not, but this idiot has been driving for over 25 years and I've never gotten a moving violation or a parking ticket. You see, I don't over-react when spoken to, and generally I do what I'm supposed to do. If everyone did as they were supposed to do, there wouldn't be a need for half of the police force and the town wouldn't make any money on a ticket binge. Have a lovely Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

Big deal you have been driving for 25 years. I always heard any idiot could get a drivers licence, thanks for proving my point.

Big deal you have been driving for 25 years. I always heard any idiot could get a drivers licence, thanks for proving my point.

Again, I can see why you are deluged with tickets, you clearly have an anger management problem. Yes, I've been driving for over 25 year, no parking tickets, no moving violations, no accidents. I think you need to get a bigger vocabulary because you are over using your unwarranted insults. Happy Thanksgiving! :rolleyes:

Again, I can see why you are deluged with tickets, you clearly have an anger management problem. Yes, I've been driving for over 25 year, no parking tickets, no moving violations, no accidents. I think you need to get a bigger vocabulary because you are over using your unwarranted insults. Happy Thanksgiving! :rolleyes:

"NO BRAINS"

"NO BRAINS"

LOL! Go buy a thesaurus and get over your anger. You can't be made at getting called for breaking rules/laws ESPECIALLY if you know the rules. Go the library and borrow a thesaurus and then get the name of a good anger management therapist.

Have a peaceful and joyful holiday season! :rolleyes:

Boo Hoo, cry me a river. So a resident gets a ticket for parking illegally. How is that the cops fault? If i do not get up in time to move my car for street cleaning, i get one too. Except the only person I blame , is myself. Not society, not the fact i still have college tuition bills. And yes, the cops have nothing better to do at 2am in the morning on a sunday then to give you a ticket. If you were parked in a legal parking spot you wouldn't have gotten one. Just because your a resident doesn't mean you can do whatever it is you want to do. Laws aren't "suggestions" that you can pick and choose which to follow. If you park in the yellow, you know there is a chance you might get a ticket. Its the same risk i take when i park during street cleaning and do not get out in time to move it.

And your saying $35.00 for the ticket is sounds suspicious to you? Wanting to know where they got that number from? Please , please tell me , you do not believe the police can pick and choose how much the fines cost. Because if you do believe that, then we can all stop wasting our time replying to you, because you are a lost cause.

Your missing the point. It wouldn't hurt to cut the residents some slack when it comes to parking in the yellow. Especially at night, in those areas where parking is ridiculous. No, police don't choose the amount on fines, but they do give them out. Your not getting the point, the penalty should match the crime. In addition, the cops shouldn't be writing tickets at 3am, they should be making sure no ones breaking into your house. You wanna write a ticket at 7am fine, If your happy with police writing tickets for people parking in the yellow 3am on YOUR DIME, then you must be cop.

LOL! Go buy a thesaurus and get over your anger. You can't be made at getting called for breaking rules/laws ESPECIALLY if you know the rules. Go the library and borrow a thesaurus and then get the name of a good anger management therapist.

Have a peaceful and joyful holiday season! :rolleyes:

Ooops- typo! Sorry that should have been "you can't be mad," I guess I am an idiot. :rolleyes:

Your missing the point. It wouldn't hurt to cut the residents some slack when it comes to parking in the yellow. Especially at night, in those areas where parking is ridiculous. No, police don't choose the amount on fines, but they do give them out. Your not getting the point, the penalty should match the crime. In addition, the cops shouldn't be writing tickets at 3am, they should be making sure no ones breaking into your house. You wanna write a ticket at 7am fine, If your happy with police writing tickets for people parking in the yellow 3am on YOUR DIME, then you must be cop.

Yeah, the laws should only be enforced when its CONVENIENT. I'm not a cop, but this argument is crazy.

Guess what , if there is a cop sitting near your car writing it a ticket at 3am, then likely there would be no one breaking into your car at that time. You live in a city, where the streets are narrow and there are vehicles everywhere. Parking your car in the yellow, on a corner blocks traffic trying to enter the roadway from being able to see if a car is coming. Im sure everyone has been at a stop sign and had to pull almost all the way into the intersection because someone parked a big van or truck in the yellow. Thats just one reason, how about fire trucks? You think its hard enough to drive a fire truck around the streets of kearny. There are some streets, if cars are in the yellow, the trucks cannot make the turn at all. Think of these things next time you dont feel like looking for parking like the rest of us. You would think one ticket this week would have made you learn your lesson, I guess not.

Yeah, the laws should only be enforced when its CONVENIENT. I'm not a cop, but this argument is crazy.

I am not taking a side here, but I think the general sentiment (at least from what I can tell) is that particular laws aren't being enforced when it's "Convenient" but only when there are layoffs looming. Why weren't these laws always enforced is probably why it's on people's mind. I remember something from a number of years about UPS stopping delivery to Kearny because there was a ticket blitz and they kept getting hit. I think there was some contract issue at that time as well. I am a huge supporter of the KPD/KFD but a ticket blitz only hurts residents and not town officials. If that is indeed what is happening.

Guess what , if there is a cop sitting near your car writing it a ticket at 3am, then likely there would be no one breaking into your car at that time. You live in a city, where the streets are narrow and there are vehicles everywhere. Parking your car in the yellow, on a corner blocks traffic trying to enter the roadway from being able to see if a car is coming. Im sure everyone has been at a stop sign and had to pull almost all the way into the intersection because someone parked a big van or truck in the yellow. Thats just one reason, how about fire trucks? You think its hard enough to drive a fire truck around the streets of kearny. There are some streets, if cars are in the yellow, the trucks cannot make the turn at all. Think of these things next time you dont feel like looking for parking like the rest of us. You would think one ticket this week would have made you learn your lesson, I guess not.

If there is a car/truck parked fully in a yellow area they should be ticketed and towed. If there is a car parked in a regular spot and the bumper is overhaning into the yellow. Well discresion should be used by the officer. Most likely the person who parked infront of the "overhanger" is the one who did a bad job parking as they are probably taking up enough room for 2 cars. It drives me crazy on my street when people have space infront of their house for 2 cars yet they park right in the middle taking up both spots. Thats one of the bigger parking issues on these smaller streets.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Shit! I got two tickets two days in a row by the same cop at the same time for "parking illegally". I was nowhere in the yellow yet still got TWO $55 tickets. I'm recently unemployed and trying to maintain until I finally DO have a job. I took pictures and want to court over it cuz it was ridiculous, I wasn't doing anything illegal. I still have to pay the tickets. I agree that these laws should be followed everyday and not just when the cops seem to be bored. Either way, you can't fight it so I guess ill just eat shit and take up 3 parking spaces so the cops can't harrass me anymore. Shitty.

• 4 weeks later...