The system is broke and rigged.......

Guest Guest

Raising taxes is out of the question here. Property taxes have already gone through the roof, partly to pay for the outrageous pensions already being collected by public employees who retire as much as 20 years earlier than the people who pay their salaries.

The only solution I see is the one that applies in private industry: The plan gets frozen and its assets are divvied up equitably. Employees switch to the same sort of 401-k plan that those of us in the real world have.

And before someone starts whining about how 401-k plans fluctuate with the stock market, let me say this: So do pension funds.The difference is public employees expect the taxpayers to make up the difference.

This should generate more than the 6000 views I got last time.....

Raising taxes is out of the question here. Property taxes have already gone through the roof, partly to pay for the outrageous pensions already being collected by public employees who retire as much as 20 years earlier than the people who pay their salaries.

The only solution I see is the one that applies in private industry: The plan gets frozen and its assets are divvied up equitably. Employees switch to the same sort of 401-k plan that those of us in the real world have.

And before someone starts whining about how 401-k plans fluctuate with the stock market, let me say this: So do pension funds.The difference is public employees expect the taxpayers to make up the difference.

This should generate more than the 6000 views I got last time.....

State law requires the taxpayer to make up the difference, not the public employees.