Dollar Stores And Nail Salons

Guest Fed Up

Don't worry Kearny, to compete with all the development going on in Harrison I've heard Kearny is planning the first ever combination dollar store, nail salon, check cashing, bail bondsman, laundrymat.

Guest RADAGAST

The bottom line is that the market drives development. All the Enterprise Zones and other incentives are in place but the tide has to be flowing in your direction because you can't fight the tide.

The good news, as I see it anyway, is that the tide does seem to be flowing at least in the direction of the old bat factory area on Passaic Ave. With it's proximity to the Newark/Harrison developments, it has great potential. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic but I see the glass half full on this subject.

Kearny Ave., I'm affraid, is another story. It was an area of predominently old family owned businesses 20 - 30 years ago. Almost all of those old businesses are gone now. However, the market still rules. If folks were not getting their nails done and buying stuff for a dollar... the stores wouldn't be making any money.

might as well throw a low-rate internet cafe in as well.

Ditto

Kearny Ave., I'm affraid, is another story. It was an area of predominently old family owned businesses 20 - 30 years ago. Almost all of those old businesses are gone now. However, the market still rules. If folks were not getting their nails done and buying stuff for a dollar... the stores wouldn't be making any money.

That is true. That is why most of the dollar stores close after a year. Man, how I miss Ben Franklin.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic but I see the glass half full on this subject.

This is off topic but, I really hate this analogy. Whether you say its half full or half empty it doesn't matter to me, becuase its the same thing.

KMart killed the Ave. Whoever gave that place the OK must have had their head in their *ss. Did anyone think the small stores could compete with a large department store? It also brought in alot of undesirables and along with that crime went up. Sure they supply some low paying jobs but at what cost. the whole area suffers, not just that end of town.

Guest FlagMann.
The bottom line is that the market drives development. All the Enterprise Zones and other incentives are in place but the tide has to be flowing in your direction because you can't fight the tide.

The good news, as I see it anyway, is that the tide does seem to be flowing at least in the direction of the old bat factory area on Passaic Ave. With it's proximity to the Newark/Harrison developments, it has great potential. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic but I see the glass half full on this subject.

No!!!!Rad!!! Bottom line!!!!!!!!!!! So stop your stupid,and dumb,,rambling!!!!

The Town is being invaded, By trash!!!!!!!! Bottom line!!!!!!

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash.

FlagMann.

Guest start shopping in town

don't blam kmart,it's people like you that give the town a bad name.if more people from kearny went to the kearny kmart, it would be a whole different store.

Guest RADAGAST

>>No!!!!Rad!!! Bottom line!!!!!!!!!!! So stop your stupid,and dumb,,rambling!!!!<<

Ahhh... Flaggy... I love you too.

What a great name for a radio show!... 'Rambling with Radagast' ... might have some copyright problems though

Guest FlagMann.
No!!!!Rad!!! Bottom line!!!!!!!!!!! So stop your stupid,and dumb,,rambling!!!!

You should follow your own advice.

"Look" who"s talking!! you should practice what you preach!!

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash.

FlagMann.

Ben Franklin ( 5 and 10) was the best I still remember going down stairs as a kid I thought I was in heaven everytime I got down there.

:unsure: i loved going there as a kid also..it was great lol

Archived