When is the debate?

Guest Bob

I think it is really a slap in the face of the voters that all of the candidates running for town positions can't/won't schedule a debate so the voters can make an informed choice. Come on folks, remember that you work for your constituents.

I think it is really a slap in the face of the voters that all of the candidates running for town positions can't/won't schedule a debate so the voters can make an informed choice. Come on folks, remember that you work for your constituents.

RIGHT ON BOB!

I checked out the Independents website. Nowhere does it say that they sent a letter to the Mayor and Council candidates requesting a debate. This is just an election ploy. Challenge your opponent to a debate with no intention of actually holding a debate. In this case, they didn't even send a letter to their opponents. Time is running out. The Independents don't have money to pay their creditors but have money for full size pictures of themselves.

Guest IFC Harrison NJ

I checked out the Independents website. Nowhere does it say that they sent a letter to the Mayor and Council candidates requesting a debate. This is just an election ploy. Challenge your opponent to a debate with no intention of actually holding a debate. In this case, they didn't even send a letter to their opponents. Time is running out. The Independents don't have money to pay their creditors but have money for full size pictures of themselves.

Since the incumbents needed a formal invitation, please know the Independents for Change have obliged and delivered the following:

TO: Mayor McDonough

Councilman James Doran

Councilman Jesus Huaranga

Councilman Larry Bennett

Candidate Anselmo Millan

DATE: October 21, 2010

RE: Debate Challenge

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 7:00pm

Washington Middle School

We, the Independents for Change Harrison NJ Party, challenge the Democratic Incumbent Party to a debate at Washington Middle School, Tuesday October 26th at 7pm. As Superintendent of Schools, Council President James Doran should make it possible to provide a comfortable public school auditorium, at a central location, at a convenient time, for a debate.

The people have called for a debate. It is now time to show them the clear choices to be made at the polls. The debate should be open to questions from the public.

Now let's see if they really wish to discuss the issues.

Since the incumbents needed a formal invitation, please know the Independents for Change have obliged and delivered the following:

TO: Mayor McDonough

Councilman James Doran

Councilman Jesus Huaranga

Councilman Larry Bennett

Candidate Anselmo Millan

DATE: October 21, 2010

RE: Debate Challenge

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 7:00pm

Washington Middle School

We, the Independents for Change Harrison NJ Party, challenge the Democratic Incumbent Party to a debate at Washington Middle School, Tuesday October 26th at 7pm. As Superintendent of Schools, Council President James Doran should make it possible to provide a comfortable public school auditorium, at a central location, at a convenient time, for a debate.

The people have called for a debate. It is now time to show them the clear choices to be made at the polls. The debate should be open to questions from the public.

Now let's see if they really wish to discuss the issues.

Wow! Criticize the Mayor for not agreeing to a debate but you failed to notify him that you were challenging him to a debate.

Now, you have updated your website. Posted on KOTW. Did you mail out the letters?

Why should the school be used for political debate? Because you know it will never get approved in time for a 10/26/2010 debate date.

If Ray and Jimmy thought they did such a great job they would have been pushing The Observer to host debates. They control the schools. Jimmy had school employees ***** **** ********* and ********* ******* to *** *** McDonough Cocktail party campaign tickets. Nice job Jimmy, ********* the most ********** (and ***** **** ******* with ***** ****. He could have the school opened in a minute. You think an employee like a custodian would object?

That's Ray and Jimmy - ***** *** ********** while they are still pocketing outrageous salaries and have multiple medical insurance policies while others have none.

This is why they shouldn't be in power. This is a conflict of interest that should be illegal. It probably is illegal but that's Harrison politics.

Vote the bums out. VOTE column F.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

KOTW and The Observer already work for McMole and Doran so what do you think these forums are going to print. I posted the same comment, a factual one, three times about a relationship between McMole and a very highly paid town employee that I knew about and it was never posted. Sent it to the Observer also, must have got lost in the mail. Power hungry, money hungry politicians.

Wow! Criticize the Mayor for not agreeing to a debate but you failed to notify him that you were challenging him to a debate.

Now, you have updated your website. Posted on KOTW. Did you mail out the letters?

Why should the school be used for political debate? Because you know it will never get approved in time for a 10/26/2010 debate date.

I hope that they sent that letter by register mail. Otherwise they will claim it was never received because thay don't want a debate. If this debote does take place please tie the mayor to his chair so he can't run out.

Guest 4th warder

KOTW and The Observer already work for McMole and Doran so what do you think these forums are going to print. I posted the same comment, a factual one, three times about a relationship between McMole and a very highly paid town employee that I knew about and it was never posted. Sent it to the Observer also, must have got lost in the mail. Power hungry, money hungry politicians.

It is a conspiracy against the McCormicks. When will you guys stop whining. God forbid you guys win, you will blame everyone except yourselves for the problems facing Harrison. Nothing will get done. If KOTW and the Observer didn't print you factual comment then it must have been quite a comment. KOTW has over the years allowed free commenting. The Observer has been more conservative but has had articles that tend to be balanced. So keep blaming everyone else for your shortcomings. Hopefully, the voters know exactly what you are: a complainer without any solutions. If the information is so factual and important, post it on your own website.

Or is this one of your phantom issues, like the Debate. Why don't you Debate yourself, that would be hilarious.

well the pics look good for halloween.