On the Beat

Guest ko

Yet the statute..you know, the written law...states otherwise. now..Which one has more clout, the Motor Vehicle Code, or some news site story????

THE FACT IS A COP SHOULDN'T BE CHIT CHATTING ON A CELL PHONE WHILE DRIVING AROUND TOWN ON DUTY.

Getting back on the subject, seems that the people who told their friends to go away have invited them back. On Thursday, one crossing guard had a visitor for over one hour talking to her in the morning and then had another visitor talking to her in the afternoon for at least 45 minutes. The recliners need to be in place as people are once again sitting down on the job.

While driving in North Arlington, I noticed that the guards sit in their cars when no people are around their post. We need to get the rules straightened out for every crossing guard in the State.

As we are paying these people, town by town, to do a job. We should not have to pay for people just shotting the breeze or sitting around.

YOU STUPID MORON. Vehicles have car numbers and they are assigned to certain officers at certain times. The Department is full of detectives. I'm sure they could have figured it out.

MORONS SHOULD BE ASSIGNED NUMBERS.AND YOUR NUMBER WOULD BE#1

Getting back on the subject, seems that the people who told their friends to go away have invited them back. On Thursday, one crossing guard had a visitor for over one hour talking to her in the morning and then had another visitor talking to her in the afternoon for at least 45 minutes. The recliners need to be in place as people are once again sitting down on the job.

While driving in North Arlington, I noticed that the guards sit in their cars when no people are around their post. We need to get the rules straightened out for every crossing guard in the State.

As we are paying these people, town by town, to do a job. We should not have to pay for people just shotting the breeze or sitting around.

You have a lot of time on your hands, sounds like you have nothing better to do all day then drive around doing nothing. I guess you want them to cross the children, then stand at atttention on the corner till the next group comes by. Do us all a favor, get a life. The one you're leading now seems pretty dull.

Guest Resident

Inspectors at DPW

You think crossing guards are bad.

The Garbage inspectors do Nothing, There are two of them, Male and female.

Lets start with the Guy, He has been wasting the taxpayers money for

the last twelve years.

Spending more time talking to crossing guards and other people,

And parking his town truck, In no Parking Zones Etc, This alone

is a safety hazzard.

He is paid very well to remove shopping carts and return them to

the DPW compound, So the town can charge the vendor to get the cart back.

He also picks up scrap metal and ***** ** ** ****** himself.

The inspectors jobs are being reduced to part time as of Jan 2011.

Maybe both of them will be laid off for good.

The lady inspector drives all over town talking on her sell phone.

I give her alot of respect, As least when needed she did her job well.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

You have a lot of time on your hands, sounds like you have nothing better to do all day then drive around doing nothing. I guess you want them to cross the children, then stand at atttention on the corner till the next group comes by. Do us all a favor, get a life. The one you're leading now seems pretty dull.

Got a good life and got a terrific job which involves driving around the town. The job involves watching out for fools like you and protecting everyone including you.

PLEASE SEND A RECLINER FOR THE CROSSING GUARD AT ELM AND STUYVESANT SHE DOESN'T LOOK TOO COMFORTABLE SITTING ON THOSE STEPS.

CANCEL THAT RECLINER WE NOW HAVE A CHAIR MADE OUT OF MILK CRATES SO SHE CAN REST HER BIG LAZY BUTT ON.

With all the talk about the layoffs in town, why don't we keep the police on as crossing guards and get rid of the current crossing guards? I still see them "BSing" while on the job. I know that our police could do the job in a more professional manner. If I were a police person, I would rather have some kind of a job rather than nothing.

Guest Cut The BS

With all the talk about the layoffs in town, why don't we keep the police on as crossing guards and get rid of the current crossing guards? I still see them "BSing" while on the job. I know that our police could do the job in a more professional manner. If I were a police person, I would rather have some kind of a job rather than nothing.

I am not surprised what this town has turned into with the nonsense and stupidity that you write here. I was born and raised her, my family has had 4 generations here (over 85 years) and it has stooped to the lowest levels in years. Give a look at all the for sale signs.....which are not selling either, unless you want to give your house away!

How about picking and poking at something with substance instead of the lowest level of the pecking order, are you kidding me, you want to get rid of the crossing guards in order to "save" the Town. You want to put a cop on the corner who will be paid over $58,000.00 to replace a crossing guard who is making $15,000.00 .....makes perfect sense to me!

How about leaving the crossing guards alone, as well as police and fire, we need them as a Town. You might want to review their salaries and try to keep them in check, but by all means hit where it counts. How about all the lawyers our mayor retains, an engineering firm that is paid a gazillion dollars forever, Town clerks out the gazu, 2 wastes of money in the rec office, benefits for council members, lack of ratables in S. Kearny because of our mayor, lawsuit after lawsuit because of poor management, etc, etc, etc... We need change in Town government for Kearny to survive!

CANCEL THAT RECLINER WE NOW HAVE A CHAIR MADE OUT OF MILK CRATES SO SHE CAN REST HER BIG LAZY BUTT ON.

This Monday night at KHS there is going to be a candle light vigil for tolerence in memory of Tyler Clemente. I suggest you attend because its bullies like you who push people over the edge and every reader and poster on this site is promoting intolerence and bullying! I for one will no longer participate, because even as someone who sits and reads this garbage I too am contributing to what this site has become. Signing off forever.

This Monday night at KHS there is going to be a candle light vigil for tolerence in memory of Tyler Clemente. I suggest you attend because its bullies like you who push people over the edge and every reader and poster on this site is promoting intolerence and bullying! I for one will no longer participate, because even as someone who sits and reads this garbage I too am contributing to what this site has become. Signing off forever.

Bullying has nothing to do with the subject.The fact is people are being paid to do a job and help cross our children safely.When they are talking on cell-phones chatting with friends or sitting around they are not performing their jobs effectively.For you to compare this to the bullying of Tyler Clementi is idiotic. What happened to Tyler Clementi was a terrible tragedy.What people do in the privacy of a home or dorm room is none of anybodys business.

What people do on the taxpayers dime is peoples business.As far as you not participating on this site anymore "GOOD RIDDANCE"

One of the things that makes Kearny still a great place to live is the fact that it still has a small town feeling. Don't we want the police officers to know the townspeople? our principals to know all of the students by name? neighbors to know each other?

Today I happened to be driving through town at the end of the school day. At each corner where I saw a crossing guard crossing the children it was apparent that the children knew and respected the guard. At one corner (around 3:20, now) the crossing guard was sitting on the corner with a child who was in tears. While I waited at the light, a parent came running up and the crossing guard took the child by the hand to meet his mother.

Sorry, I think that the people who work around our children need to be part of our community, people who our children can trust and not be afraid to go to if they are frightened.

One of the things that makes Kearny still a great place to live is the fact that it still has a small town feeling. Don't we want the police officers to know the townspeople? our principals to know all of the students by name? neighbors to know each other?

Today I happened to be driving through town at the end of the school day. At each corner where I saw a crossing guard crossing the children it was apparent that the children knew and respected the guard. At one corner (around 3:20, now) the crossing guard was sitting on the corner with a child who was in tears. While I waited at the light, a parent came running up and the crossing guard took the child by the hand to meet his mother.

Sorry, I think that the people who work around our children need to be part of our community, people who our children can trust and not be afraid to go to if they are frightened.

Wouldn't that be nice? Well Kearny has to go through a huge list of Essex and Hudson country residents and if there aren't any Kearny residents near the top oh well, can't hire them for PD/FD jobs. So they won't be part of the community. But neighboring towns like Newark, Jersey City and Bayonne only hire residents. Kearny people can't be hired in those towns? Fair I think not. There are plenty of qualified people in this town willing to do the job.

Leave the PD/FD alone with cuts. Crossing guards play an important role. Should there be more oversight? Probably. Do I think they are allowing the children to be unsafe? No but just maybe we need to explore a better way to supervise these individuals.

Oh and replacing crossing guards with PD... Silly just silly. Huge salary difference. Would PD be better? Probably but it's not necessary.