Town Employees & Teachers Fearful of Putting Doran Signs

Guest 4th warder

Guest 4th warder

Town Employees and Teachers Fearful of Putting Up Doran Signs

Alleged Use of Town Garage For Higgins' Signs Is Illegal

Town workers and school teachers, although privately supportive of Council Candidate James Doran, are not hanging Doran campaign signs on their properties because they fear reprisal by Peter Higgins III.

Mr. Doran reports that "many have told me that they will support me privately but cannot do it openly because they fear losing their job or a possible promotion. There have been some who did decide to hang one of my signs but were later instructed by Higgins and others to take them down."

Mr. Doran stressed that town workers and teachers should be hired, promoted and/or retained because of merit and performance and not because of their political preference. "Just recently in New Brunswick," Mr. Doran continued, "town officials were forced to settle a lawsuit filed by police officers who contended that they were denied promotion or given less favorable time shifts or duties because they supported the opposing slate of candidates. The time has come to end this climate of political recrimination that is sinisterly practiced by my opponent."

Mr. Doran further contended that some town workers have privately informed him that the town garage has been used for years to construct Higgins' signs. Such use of the town property for political purposes is illegal. However, because said employees need to remain anonymous because they fear for their jobs, no official complaint can be lodged with the county or state authorities.

-- the above appeared in the October 1998 Campaign Newsletter of James Doran.

James Doran ran on a platform of change and equal opportunity for all. He shortly after winning his council seat, sold out, and proceeded to do exactly what he said the late Peter Higgins, III, was doing wrong or illegally.

Attention McCormick Team: Keep walking door to door, with literature and mail out literature to registered voters, so people know you are running. Signs don't vote, people do.

Town Employees and Teachers Fearful of Putting Up Doran Signs

Alleged Use of Town Garage For Higgins' Signs Is Illegal

Town workers and school teachers, although privately supportive of Council Candidate James Doran, are not hanging Doran campaign signs on their properties because they fear reprisal by Peter Higgins III.

Mr. Doran reports that "many have told me that they will support me privately but cannot do it openly because they fear losing their job or a possible promotion. There have been some who did decide to hang one of my signs but were later instructed by Higgins and others to take them down."

Mr. Doran stressed that town workers and teachers should be hired, promoted and/or retained because of merit and performance and not because of their political preference. "Just recently in New Brunswick," Mr. Doran continued, "town officials were forced to settle a lawsuit filed by police officers who contended that they were denied promotion or given less favorable time shifts or duties because they supported the opposing slate of candidates. The time has come to end this climate of political recrimination that is sinisterly practiced by my opponent."

Mr. Doran further contended that some town workers have privately informed him that the town garage has been used for years to construct Higgins' signs. Such use of the town property for political purposes is illegal. However, because said employees need to remain anonymous because they fear for their jobs, no official complaint can be lodged with the county or state authorities.

-- the above appeared in the October 1998 Campaign Newsletter of James Doran.

James Doran ran on a platform of change and equal opportunity for all. He shortly after winning his council seat, sold out, and proceeded to do exactly what he said the late Peter Higgins, III, was doing wrong or illegally.

Attention McCormick Team: Keep walking door to door, with literature and mail out literature to registered voters, so people know you are running. Signs don't vote, people do.

Ah, very nice typing this time around---I didn't see a single mistake!

Maybe when Doran is re-elected, he can arrange to get you a job doing data entry. He's that kind of guy!

But you keep those old newsletters coming- practice makes perfect!

Guest 4th warder

Maybe when Doran is re-elected, he can arrange to get you a job doing data entry. He's that kind of guy!

Thank you. I always wanted to have a $100,000 data entry job. I know that your buddy Jimmy will give me the job. Maybe he will give me your job as typo checker.

Is there going to be a debate before the election?

Harrison deserves a debate by all candidates, we need to know what the future holds without a budget at hand. McDounough holds out till after election so that people don't get upset with the raise in taxes.

Maybe this neophite should ask Jimmy for some help on how to run for office. I do not get the 12 year old post? I hear she just got a dose of people skills. JR was right, she never said hello to anyone until recently.

Guest 4th Warder

Maybe this neophite should ask Jimmy for some help on how to run for office. I do not get the 12 year old post? I hear she just got a dose of people skills. JR was right, she never said hello to anyone until recently.

The 12 year old posts, which Jimmy Doran wrote, are to show that Jimmy Doran hasn't done anything for the residents of the 4th ward. He pointed out the corruption of the late Peter Higgins III. Jimmy Doran is now doing the same thing. Jimmy Doran is only interested in himself. Just like Peter Higgins III thought he had the election wrapped up because of signs, Jimmy Doran thinks he has it wrapped up because of signs. Joanne O'Brien just needs to walk door to door rain or shine and visit only registered voters (off of a list) and ask them to make sure they vote for her. Literature, Literature and Literature needs to be left with the voters so they know what Column to vote on, Column F.

O'Brien if you expect to win you need to walk every day no matter what the weather and ask folks to vote for you. Don't spend too much time with any one person set a limit and keep moving. Some folks will stop you for hours and those folks are just trying to have you not go up the block.

The 12 year old posts, which Jimmy Doran wrote, are to show that Jimmy Doran hasn't done anything for the residents of the 4th ward. He pointed out the corruption of the late Peter Higgins III. Jimmy Doran is now doing the same thing. Jimmy Doran is only interested in himself. Just like Peter Higgins III thought he had the election wrapped up because of signs, Jimmy Doran thinks he has it wrapped up because of signs. Joanne O'Brien just needs to walk door to door rain or shine and visit only registered voters (off of a list) and ask them to make sure they vote for her. Literature, Literature and Literature needs to be left with the voters so they know what Column to vote on, Column F.

O'Brien if you expect to win you need to walk every day no matter what the weather and ask folks to vote for you. Don't spend too much time with any one person set a limit and keep moving. Some folks will stop you for hours and those folks are just trying to have you not go up the block.

The best thing for Doran would be if the people got to talk to Obrien then they would see she is full of hot air just like big mouth

I hope you're the first one thrown out :P:P:P:P

Look-- no grammatical mistakes.

I hope you're the first one thrown out :P:P:P:P

Look-- no grammatical mistakes.

Actually, there was indeed one grammatical mistake.

There was no period after your first sentence---just laughing icons.

Better luck next time.

Harrison deserves a debate by all candidates, we need to know what the future holds without a budget at hand. McDounough holds out till after election so that people don't get upset with the raise in taxes.

When is the debate? where and what time?

Thank you

When is the debate? where and what time?

Thank you

The debate is being held over in the Village.

Jim McGreevy and Barney Frank are the moderators.

A good time will be had by all.