Council Candidate Joanne O'Brien Admits To Being A Former Witch

Guest Guest

Guest Harrison Old-School

Opps, that was Delaware’s Republican Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell who admits to being a former wiccan.

My mistake.

Never mind.

Witch, meet toad

Delaware or Harrison I think they are equals. How come Joann does not tell about her $100,000 plus salary and keeps suing for more money, even though she came to the HS for many years without the ticket to teach? Questionable credentials just like Delaware...read the Observer. What about the union election that got her only 4 votes out of 250 from the other teachers? Now she hates the union. She never got along with our fellow teachers. What about her recent actions of discussing her politics with students in hopes of swinging votes. I hear a student made a issue of this. What has she ever done for the HS? Complain, Complain, Complain, give me a break! The McComics and JO'Brien Perfect Together!

Edited by KOTW
The above statements have not been verified. They were published because Mrs. O'Brien is a candidate.

Guest JOBrien

Wow.

First, God forbid that “Teach” is a real teacher in Harrison, because the message is incoherent.

Second, I hope people know who Ben Bradlee was, or at least saw the movie All The President’s Men (about the Nixon Watergate scandal). He tells his reporters, Woodward and Bernstein, “If they ever start calling us goddamn liars, it's time to start circling the wagons.” Well Jimmy, Ray, it’s time to start circling the wagons.

You and the current administration have tanked the local economy, lined your pockets and the pockets of friends and family, bullied and threatened people and when that doesn’t work you just make stuff up.

Instead of hiding behind anonymous “guests”, have the courage of you convictions and come out into the light. It’s convenient for you to say that every post is from me, when you know that’s not true. Let’s face it; you have nothing to say for yourselves and so it’s easier to sling mud and libel your opponents instead. You’re all such cowards; you couldn’t even face your constituents to answer their questions at a last Council meeting before the election.

How about some facts?

In my 16 years of teaching I’ve never made $100,000.00, not even including teaching night school, home schooling, or advising activities. It would take me years, and I still wouldn’t come close to Doran’s haul for one year, nor would I have his multiple health insurance plans courtesy of the taxpayer.

I didn’t tell any of my students that I was running for town council at school. They did come to me to ask for confirmation after their History teacher told them. I also confirmed this with the teacher who said it was part of a lesson on Representative Government in US History.

I personally didn’t sue anyone for more pay. I took a $25,000.00 pay cut from the salary I earned at NBC as a manager in the Finance Department. I was told that was the best they could do because they couldn’t violate the Union Contract. I come from a family of police officers, fire fighters and teachers; I respect contracts. I didn’t know that the BOE had a special friends and family plan, and when I did learn about it, I petitioned my Union to grieve it. It took 3 years for them to take it on, and three years of arbitration to win the case. Even after winning, I received nothing, because the Union told the Arbitrator it wanted no settlement.

The Union has allowed non-tenured teachers to be coerced to walk with selected McDonough candidates, helped fundraise for the McDonough campaign with school personnel, materials and on school time. Fed up and tired of being fleeced for over $800.00 a year in dues, I did run for Union President and while it’s true I didn’t win, I don’t know where “Teach” comes up with those fictitious numbers.

My credentials are pretty easy to verify. Undergraduate, graduate degrees, and teacher exam scores are all on file as are my transcripts and teaching certificate.

If this is what passes for governance and politics, it’s no wonder Harrison is in the mess its in. The McDonough Administration: greed, deceit and incompetence in action.

Wow.

First, God forbid that “Teach” is a real teacher in Harrison, because the message is incoherent.

Second, I hope people know who Ben Bradlee was, or at least saw the movie All The President’s Men (about the Nixon Watergate scandal). He tells his reporters, Woodward and Bernstein, “If they ever start calling us goddamn liars, it's time to start circling the wagons.” Well Jimmy, Ray, it’s time to start circling the wagons.

You and the current administration have tanked the local economy, lined your pockets and the pockets of friends and family, bullied and threatened people and when that doesn’t work you just make stuff up.

Instead of hiding behind anonymous “guests”, have the courage of you convictions and come out into the light. It’s convenient for you to say that every post is from me, when you know that’s not true. Let’s face it; you have nothing to say for yourselves and so it’s easier to sling mud and libel your opponents instead. You’re all such cowards; you couldn’t even face your constituents to answer their questions at a last Council meeting before the election.

How about some facts?

In my 16 years of teaching I’ve never made $100,000.00, not even including teaching night school, home schooling, or advising activities. It would take me years, and I still wouldn’t come close to Doran’s haul for one year, nor would I have his multiple health insurance plans courtesy of the taxpayer.

I didn’t tell any of my students that I was running for town council at school. They did come to me to ask for confirmation after their History teacher told them. I also confirmed this with the teacher who said it was part of a lesson on Representative Government in US History.

I personally didn’t sue anyone for more pay. I took a $25,000.00 pay cut from the salary I earned at NBC as a manager in the Finance Department. I was told that was the best they could do because they couldn’t violate the Union Contract. I come from a family of police officers, fire fighters and teachers; I respect contracts. I didn’t know that the BOE had a special friends and family plan, and when I did learn about it, I petitioned my Union to grieve it. It took 3 years for them to take it on, and three years of arbitration to win the case. Even after winning, I received nothing, because the Union told the Arbitrator it wanted no settlement.

The Union has allowed non-tenured teachers to be coerced to walk with selected McDonough candidates, helped fundraise for the McDonough campaign with school personnel, materials and on school time. Fed up and tired of being fleeced for over $800.00 a year in dues, I did run for Union President and while it’s true I didn’t win, I don’t know where “Teach” comes up with those fictitious numbers.

My credentials are pretty easy to verify. Undergraduate, graduate degrees, and teacher exam scores are all on file as are my transcripts and teaching certificate.

If this is what passes for governance and politics, it’s no wonder Harrison is in the mess its in. The McDonough Administration: greed, deceit and incompetence in action.

Joann, exactly when did you receive your teaching certificate? Are you a certified teacher now, or just a certified ***?

Edited by KOTW
Content.