The Real Fourth Ward Newsletter

Guest 4th warder

Guest 4th warder

Higgins has Self, Family & Cronies Appointed to Boards.

In a further effort to tighten his control upon the town, Pete Higgins III managed to have himself appointed to the Planning Board in January of this year. The following month he had his son, Kevin, still in school and with no relevant experience, appointed to the Zoning Board of Adjustment.

In March of this year Higgins also had his best friend George McKenna appointed to serve with him on the Planning Board. At the same meeting Higgins secured the position of McKenna's son, Michael, to the Zoning Board- another youngster barely out of school and also no no land use experience.

"Apparently during this time when the town needs to be redeveloped, only family members and friends of Higgins qualify for these critical positions," Mr. Doran observed.

"This is just another blantant and shameful attempt by Higgins to stack these boards with family and friends individuals who can easily be controlled by him like puppets. This is nepotism and cronyism at its worst and he has been indulging in it for years.

The era of Higgins and his sister (the town treasurer) controlling out schools and town like a family dictatorship is coming to an end this November!"

Mr. Doran has promised that, once elected this November, he will start a system whereby that residents know beforehand when vacancies will exist on these and other town boards. "Why not let people know about these positions so that they can send in a letter of interest?" Mr. Doran asked. "There are many sincere and qualified individuals out there who have much to contribute. They don't have to be connected politically. They work each day, pay their taxes and care aobut the town in which they are raising their family. We have an obligation to start involving them in the decisions about our town's future."

Higggins' wife continues to serve on the Library Board of Trustees while his mother-in-law sits on the Board of Health.

--Source Newsletter from James Doran, Volume 1 Issue 1, dusted off from October 1998.

Twelve years later replace James Doran for Peter Higgins and change a couple of names and you have the same thing.

James tell us why you sold out. When you come to the door please be prepared to tell us why you sold out to the dark side.

Wow...twelve years later, eh? Seems James Doran was behind the very ordinance he decried as an attack against "free speech". (see my post under The McCormick Ticket).

Why the patronage, nepotism the fancy office suite for his position as Superintendent? Why the blatant disregard for town ordinances? I think Lord Acton said it best: "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely".

The Democratic machine is squeezing the very last breath out of this town. If you want change, elect the whole Independents for Change ticket. We're not professional politicians. Check us out at independentsforchangeharrisonnj.org. We would love to hear from you.

Thank you to the citizen who posted this gem.

In a further effort to tighten his control upon the town, Pete Higgins III managed to have himself appointed to the Planning Board in January of this year. The following month he had his son, Kevin, still in school and with no relevant experience, appointed to the Zoning Board of Adjustment.

In March of this year Higgins also had his best friend George McKenna appointed to serve with him on the Planning Board. At the same meeting Higgins secured the position of McKenna's son, Michael, to the Zoning Board- another youngster barely out of school and also no no land use experience.

"Apparently during this time when the town needs to be redeveloped, only family members and friends of Higgins qualify for these critical positions," Mr. Doran observed.

"This is just another blantant and shameful attempt by Higgins to stack these boards with family and friends individuals who can easily be controlled by him like puppets. This is nepotism and cronyism at its worst and he has been indulging in it for years.

The era of Higgins and his sister (the town treasurer) controlling out schools and town like a family dictatorship is coming to an end this November!"

Mr. Doran has promised that, once elected this November, he will start a system whereby that residents know beforehand when vacancies will exist on these and other town boards. "Why not let people know about these positions so that they can send in a letter of interest?" Mr. Doran asked. "There are many sincere and qualified individuals out there who have much to contribute. They don't have to be connected politically. They work each day, pay their taxes and care aobut the town in which they are raising their family. We have an obligation to start involving them in the decisions about our town's future."

Higggins' wife continues to serve on the Library Board of Trustees while his mother-in-law sits on the Board of Health.

--Source Newsletter from James Doran, Volume 1 Issue 1, dusted off from October 1998.

Twelve years later replace James Doran for Peter Higgins and change a couple of names and you have the same thing.

James tell us why you sold out. When you come to the door please be prepared to tell us why you sold out to the dark side.

Doran is really going to be pissed when he sees this post! I mean, look at all those typos! There is no way Doran would have given his okay to any campaign literature of his to have so many mistakes in it!

For the sake of our students, I hope it wasn't his opponent in the Fourth Ward who is responsible for such a careless and sloppy post!

Guest 4th warder

Doran is really going to be pissed when he sees this post! I mean, look at all those typos! There is no way Doran would have given his okay to any campaign literature of his to have so many mistakes in it!

For the sake of our students, I hope it wasn't his opponent in the Fourth Ward who is responsible for such a careless and sloppy post!

Doran is going to be upset alright. Not because of the typographical errors but because he is going to have to work his butt off to get re-elected. Why would Doran need to run again for council? He has a 225,000+ job as the Superintendent of Schools. Twelve Years ago, Doran ran for office because Higgins wouldn't give him what he wanted. He won then proceeded to sell out. He is now a watered down version of Peter Higgins (may he rest in peace). Pete must be looking down and saying, What goes around comes around. Doran is a greedy sob and what happened to Pete will happen to Jimmy this November. Jimmy, your pompous ass will lead to your friends voting the other way. Remember Pete lost just like that. His "friends" turned against him.

Doran is going to be upset alright. Not because of the typographical errors but because he is going to have to work his butt off to get re-elected. Why would Doran need to run again for council? He has a 225,000+ job as the Superintendent of Schools. Twelve Years ago, Doran ran for office because Higgins wouldn't give him what he wanted. He won then proceeded to sell out. He is now a watered down version of Peter Higgins (may he rest in peace). Pete must be looking down and saying, What goes around comes around. Doran is a greedy sob and what happened to Pete will happen to Jimmy this November. Jimmy, your pompous ass will lead to your friends voting the other way. Remember Pete lost just like that. His "friends" turned against him.

Obviously, you are no friend of Jim Doran. To know him is to like him. He is a very bright, competent and personable individual.

How sad and lonely you must be to wish that Jim Doran’s friends will “turn” on him.

Do you think Jim Doran sits home on a Friday or Saturday night wishing that your friends will “turn” on you? I think not.

Guest 4th warder

Obviously, you are no friend of Jim Doran. To know him is to like him. He is a very bright, competent and personable individual.

How sad and lonely you must be to wish that Jim Doran’s friends will “turn” on him.

Do you think Jim Doran sits home on a Friday or Saturday night wishing that your friends will “turn” on you? I think not.

Sure I'm a "friend" of Jimmy Doran. I make like I like him and listen to his bullshit all the time thinking what a sell out. He criticized Higgins and is doing worse. He cares for himself and his buddies and nobody else. He has to feed his ego. Yes Jimmy, you have the best ideas. Only you can run this election. Meanwhile I am thinking I hope he loses. I hope Christie cuts his salary. I hope he gets whats his. I cannot tell him to his face but I can post my feelings here.

O'Brien walk door to door otherwise you are wasting your time running. Bring literature in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Get Maria to walk with you. websites are nice but most folks in Harrison don't go to websites.

check out the prior posts here on KOTW for information on Doran.

I will post another Doran article soon.

Sure I'm a "friend" of Jimmy Doran. I make like I like him and listen to his bullshit all the time thinking what a sell out. He criticized Higgins and is doing worse. He cares for himself and his buddies and nobody else. He has to feed his ego. Yes Jimmy, you have the best ideas. Only you can run this election. Meanwhile I am thinking I hope he loses. I hope Christie cuts his salary. I hope he gets whats his. I cannot tell him to his face but I can post my feelings here.

O'Brien walk door to door otherwise you are wasting your time running. Bring literature in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Get Maria to walk with you. websites are nice but most folks in Harrison don't go to websites.

Oh, Oh!!! Somebody doesn't like Jimmy Doran. What's the matter, didn't get a job in the schools? Or maybe he didn't invite you to one of his St. Patrick’s Day parties!

And by the way, if you do post another Doran article, try to go a little easy on those typos. Those newsletters were so beautifully written and I hate to see you slaughter them with your sloppiness.

Oh, Oh!!! Somebody doesn't like Jimmy Doran. What's the matter, didn't get a job in the schools? Or maybe he didn't invite you to one of his St. Patrick’s Day parties!

And by the way, if you do post another Doran article, try to go a little easy on those typos. Those newsletters were so beautifully written and I hate to see you slaughter them with your sloppiness.

OK Jim, this is not about how things are written but how GREED WORKS FOR YOU. But then again your ENTITLED RIGHT?

Guest J O'Brien

4th Warder,

Thanks for your advice. I learned a lot in my walk through the 4th Ward with Maria. I was horrified by some of the stories of residents abandoned by their Mayor and Councilmen. We will be out and about again on Wednesday.

4th Warder you just keep posting and exposing the hypocrisy of the current administration. Don't worry about a missed comma or typo, you reported the message accurately and made a point. As to the beauty of Jimmy's writing, well all I can say is it's not Proust, or Hemingway for that matter...hell, it's not even Stephen King.

If you know of anyone who would like to walk with me and translate when Maria is out with the other candidates, please send them my way! It's a big ward and I would like to meet everyone before Election Day.

Thanks again for your service. And one small note for the various "Guests". You'll know it's Joanne O'Brien writing as candidate for the 4th Ward because you'll see the message is from J O'Brien. For those who think the present administration is doing a bang-up job, I really want to know why you think that. It's not been my experience, but maybe I've missed something - and I will certainly hear you out.

Edited by KOTW
Candidate O'Brien please register as a Member.

Guest COUNT DEMONEY

McCormick’s attorney, Maria Rivero, said she was “disappointed” in the judge’s ruling.

“It’s never been any secret that the (FRB) property is my client’s primary source of income,” Rivero said. “The space he’s been renovating is still vacant and he’s in a serious financial hole. . . .

HELLO.

He held out until they bought him out. He makes more money than anyone in the State. Come on, Mayor, he wasnt't that BIG of a threat.

It looks like you don't care how you throw the taxpayers' money away. Look at the incompetence you surround yourself with. How much have they cost the taxpayer already with all the law suits that have had to be settled? Does anyone know how much it is to date? I think we have a right to know how our money is being spent, or should I say "mis-spent." Come on, Get with it!

Edited by KOTW
Moved quote end code to make proper quote.

• 7 years later...
Guest Classic Doran Newsletter
On 9/15/2010 at 5:30 PM, Guest 4th warder said:

I did a search for Doran and look what I found.  Power hungry Superintendent of Schools (sorry Director of Personnel) Dr. (don't forget the Dr. title) James Doran's newsletter where he bashes the late Peter Higgins III. At least Peter spread it around.  Now it's only the chosen few who have higher paying jobs and made up jobs.