Let's Take A Poll

Guest Guest

Just wondering, which side of the line are you on? I'm not crazy about Maria, but I just can't stand the current slate. I think we should start to find out about the guys and gals who have the courage to put their names and reputations on the line. I know two of the candidates and I have a lot of respect for them. Dominic and Mrs. O'Brien are decent people. I'm not sure who the others are, but I'm willing to give them a chance.

What was that about in the Observer?? Dor'an thinks he can change the signage law because it doesn't suit the Mayor's plan? It just gets more and more absurd.We need to get some real authorities into the Town. I hear from the Office at the Housing that Hud is going to put a black guy there for six months. I guess the Mayor didn't see that coming. He's such a dummy.

Just wondering, which side of the line are you on? I'm not crazy about Maria, but I just can't stand the current slate. I think we should start to find out about the guys and gals who have the courage to put their names and reputations on the line. I know two of the candidates and I have a lot of respect for them. Dominic and Mrs. O'Brien are decent people. I'm not sure who the others are, but I'm willing to give them a chance.

What was that about in the Observer?? Dor'an thinks he can change the signage law because it doesn't suit the Mayor's plan? It just gets more and more absurd.We need to get some real authorities into the Town. I hear from the Office at the Housing that Hud is going to put a black guy there for six months. I guess the Mayor didn't see that coming. He's such a dummy.

Oh, no!!!

Protect your women and children!!!

A "black guy" is coming to Town for six months!!!

You're such an ass!!! The McCormicks deserve your support!!!

Guest pissedoff

Dominis does not really live in Harrison, and he also has large fines pending at building dept. for illigal construction on Mannor Ave property , is this his reason for running for office, another McCormick in the making for the public to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joanne O'Brien

I think the signage issue is part and parcel of a larger more pervasive attitude of the Democratic machine in power. It would have been simple to rescind the ordinance by taking it to a vote. It's not like they didn't have the votes; the majority of the council is on all on the campaign signs. Instead they come up with this ridiculous freedom of speech argument after polling - guess who - the very people on the signs. And of course it's secret polling because they didn't bother polling the McCormick's - and the ordinance is only 12 years old. They do these things just to prove that they don't have to follow the rules. It would have been easy to do, but for them it's more fun to show they don't have to.

This sense of entitlement will only change when you vote them out. Only then will the taxpayer find out what has happened to their money. Right now they just refuse to share information. Even with OPRA requests they stall and deliberately "misunderstand" what information you have requested. As long as the Democratic machine has a lock on town politics, we will keep sinking into debt and the money will flow to the entitled class.

The Mayor and his posse constantly drone on about how much they've "given" the town, and we little people are constantly told how much we owe them. Well we have a message to send. The people don't owe the politicians; the POLITICIANS OWE US. This is supposed to be public service gig, not a privately owned family business. Jobs should be awarded after careful scrutiny to the most qualified people - not to the "Funny Uncle" or the "Good-for-Nothing Brother-in Law". We the people need to seize control. We need to seek out the best advice and verify how other towns and small cities have turned things around. We need to elect people who are not so arrogant that they destroy anyone that questions their actions. Their contempt for the people cannot be overstated.

I personally never criticize a policy or decision unless I have an alternative suggestion or proposal. I have been rebuffed or ignored at every turn. No reason given, no acknowledgement of my ideas - even to refute them. I don't mind a debate, at least I can defend my position. Instead they just ignore you, blindly digging our financial hole deeper. I, and the rest of the Independents for Change candidates, welcome a free and open exchange of ideas - it is only by making sure our ideas can stand up to criticism that we know we are going in the right direction.

Please check out our website independentsforchangeharrisonnj.org. Take our survey on the "What's Your Take" page. Feel free to email us. We will be rolling out our platform over the next several weeks, but you will get an idea of what we're about. If you have an idea we will put it out there and give you credit.

Given our proximity to NYC, Harrison should be a haven for the mid-town commuter. If we clean things up, strengthen our schools and get a business-friendly agenda in place, I believe we can turn things around.

I think the signage issue is part and parcel of a larger more pervasive attitude of the Democratic machine in power. It would have been simple to rescind the ordinance by taking it to a vote. It's not like they didn't have the votes; the majority of the council is on all on the campaign signs. Instead they come up with this ridiculous freedom of speech argument after polling - guess who - the very people on the signs. And of course it's secret polling because they didn't bother polling the McCormick's - and the ordinance is only 12 years old. They do these things just to prove that they don't have to follow the rules. It would have been easy to do, but for them it's more fun to show they don't have to.

This sense of entitlement will only change when you vote them out. Only then will the taxpayer find out what has happened to their money. Right now they just refuse to share information. Even with OPRA requests they stall and deliberately "misunderstand" what information you have requested. As long as the Democratic machine has a lock on town politics, we will keep sinking into debt and the money will flow to the entitled class.

The Mayor and his posse constantly drone on about how much they've "given" the town, and we little people are constantly told how much we owe them. Well we have a message to send. The people don't owe the politicians; the POLITICIANS OWE US. This is supposed to be public service gig, not a privately owned family business. Jobs should be awarded after careful scrutiny to the most qualified people - not to the "Funny Uncle" or the "Good-for-Nothing Brother-in Law". We the people need to seize control. We need to seek out the best advice and verify how other towns and small cities have turned things around. We need to elect people who are not so arrogant that they destroy anyone that questions their actions. Their contempt for the people cannot be overstated.

I personally never criticize a policy or decision unless I have an alternative suggestion or proposal. I have been rebuffed or ignored at every turn. No reason given, no acknowledgement of my ideas - even to refute them. I don't mind a debate, at least I can defend my position. Instead they just ignore you, blindly digging our financial hole deeper. I, and the rest of the Independents for Change candidates, welcome a free and open exchange of ideas - it is only by making sure our ideas can stand up to criticism that we know we are going in the right direction.

Please check out our website independentsforchangeharrisonnj.org. Take our survey on the "What's Your Take" page. Feel free to email us. We will be rolling out our platform over the next several weeks, but you will get an idea of what we're about. If you have an idea we will put it out there and give you credit.

Given our proximity to NYC, Harrison should be a haven for the mid-town commuter. If we clean things up, strengthen our schools and get a business-friendly agenda in place, I believe we can turn things around.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU