gop kids gone bad...again

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

As if the Palin's don't provide enough weekly drama, now it's Giuliani's daughter. Arrested for shoplifting. Does the gop have any presidential candidates with

parenting skills?

Guest Gadfly
As if the Palin's don't provide enough weekly drama, now it's Giuliani's daughter. Arrested for shoplifting. Does the gop have any presidential candidates with

parenting skills?

BAAAA!!!

Guest Former Resident

parenting skills?

Wow... I had no idea that Palin and/or Guiliani were even "candidates" :lol:

And, it's sad that society will crucify the parents for the actions of their adult children... I'm guessing that you have always been just perfect :lol:

Guest Guest

And, it's sad that society will crucify the parents for the actions of their adult children... I'm guessing that you have always been just perfect :lol:

If not having children out of wedlock and never being arrested make you perfect, why yes I am...and so are my kids. I'm guessing you have had the same family problems as them, right?

Guest Current resident

If not having children out of wedlock and never being arrested make you perfect, why yes I am...and so are my kids. I'm guessing you have had the same family problems as them, right? Wow, if you don't think bailing Palin's a candidate , you probably also think the Iraq mission was accomplished because bush flew a banner saying so.

Guest Kearny Resident
Wow... I had no idea that Palin and/or Guiliani were even "candidates" :unsure:

And, it's sad that society will crucify the parents for the actions of their adult children... I'm guessing that you have always been just perfect ;)

Nope, you can't get away with it by crying unfair. Palin and Giuliani were candidates for Vice President and President and it looks like one or both will run again. Palin and Giuliani campaigned on "moral values" emphasizing things like personal responsibility (tough crime laws) and traditional marriage. What gives them the right to tell anyone how to live their lives when their own personal families and life stories (Giuliani on wife number 3) don't meet those standards? How much do you want to bet that Ms. Junior Giuliani gets off with a slap on the wrist (if that) for her theft of high end cosmetics (on videotape!) at the midtown Sephora store?? If it was a regular Joe stealing from a bodega on 125th Street, I bet you Giuliani would have no sympathy.

Guest 2smart4u
Nope, you can't get away with it by crying unfair. Palin and Giuliani were candidates for Vice President and President and it looks like one or both will run again. Palin and Giuliani campaigned on "moral values" emphasizing things like personal responsibility (tough crime laws) and traditional marriage. What gives them the right to tell anyone how to live their lives when their own personal families and life stories (Giuliani on wife number 3) don't meet those standards? How much do you want to bet that Ms. Junior Giuliani gets off with a slap on the wrist (if that) for her theft of high end cosmetics (on videotape!) at the midtown Sephora store?? If it was a regular Joe stealing from a bodega on 125th Street, I bet you Giuliani would have no sympathy.

This obvious attempt to deflect attention from the downward spiral of the dems. is just stupid. There's more corruption in the zerO administration than in any previous administration in history.

Right now I'm counting the days until the Nov. 2nd. bloodbath, you keep track of who's kids are doing what.

Guest Guest
This obvious attempt to deflect attention from the downward spiral of the dems. is just stupid. There's more corruption in the zerO administration than in any previous administration in history.

Right now I'm counting the days until the Nov. 2nd. bloodbath, you keep track of who's kids are doing what.

I think it's sad that the press hounds these children because of the fame of their parents. Had my daughter shoplifted some cosmetics, it would not have made the news. The candidates, movies stars, etc. are fair game, but their children or spouses shouldn't be. Some celebrity children seek out the limelight (Ozzy Ozbourne's kids, for example) but Gulliani's kids have kept private lives and shouldn't be hounded like this.

BTW - I am not a Republican, just a parent who would hope that I wouldn't be judged by the mistakes of my young adult children and that my children wouldn't be judged by me.

Guest Guest

And I'm counting the days until you're proved to be a buffoon...again. Take another swig of that gop haterade and get ready for yet another disappointment.

Guest 2smart4u
And I'm counting the days until you're proved to be a buffoon...again. Take another swig of that gop haterade and get ready for yet another disappointment.

Ha, you may be waiting awhile. Even the far left Loonies are saying the dems are in big trouble. But I'll save my gloating until Nov.3rd.

Guest They Have No Standing
I think it's sad that the press hounds these children because of the fame of their parents. Had my daughter shoplifted some cosmetics, it would not have made the news. The candidates, movies stars, etc. are fair game, but their children or spouses shouldn't be. Some celebrity children seek out the limelight (Ozzy Ozbourne's kids, for example) but Gulliani's kids have kept private lives and shouldn't be hounded like this.

BTW - I am not a Republican, just a parent who would hope that I wouldn't be judged by the mistakes of my young adult children and that my children wouldn't be judged by me.

Had you publicly went around saying we've got to get tough on crime and also criticized others for having out-of-wedlock children, and then your own family did those things, then you'd be questioned too. Not in a national newspaper, but in your social circle. If you're going to profess a "moral standard," then you really should live by it or have a good reason for not. If Palin or Giuliani didn't judge others, then I'd agree with you that we shouldn't be judging them or their family. They, Palin and Giuliani, have no one to blame but themselves. It comes down to this: walk the talk. Let Ms. Junior Giuliani go through the criminal system and treat her like an adult.

Guest Two Way Street

Then you must have thought it was really sad when Sarah Palin brought out on stage at the Republican Convention her developmentally disabled child and referred to her child in the campaign when addressing the issue of abortion?

Guest Gadfly
Then you must have thought it was really sad when Sarah Palin brought out on stage at the Republican Convention her developmentally disabled child and referred to her child in the campaign when addressing the issue of abortion?

Perhaps if Democrats would debate the issues rather than try to 'prove' that the other side is made up of evil hypocrites they wouldn't be getting curb-stomped this November.

Guest Two-Street
Perhaps if Democrats would debate the issues rather than try to 'prove' that the other side is made up of evil hypocrites they wouldn't be getting curb-stomped this November.

"Curb-stomped"? Really? Is that what happened in November 2008 when Democrats got landslide victories in the Senate and House and the nation elected Barack H. Obama President?

Proving the other side to be "evil hypocrites" is the modus operandi of O'Reilly and Beck. It's cool to point out the Republican hypocrisies but I never called anyone "evil."

As to November 2010, the issues are being debated. We'll see where the GOP's Tea Partying, Toga Partying (that Rand Paul was party central in college), World Wide Wrestling (thanks Connecticut Republicans) wind up. Don't count your chickens yet.

mid-term elections typically don't favor the party in power, that's a fact. Debate the issues with the gop? Now that's rich, the hate America gop's response to anything would be "no" but I guess that qualifies as a debate to some. Curb stomped? You do realize you've been "thumped" for the last several national elections and it's not going to be anywhere near that. Hope springs eternal and you're entitled to your dreams.

Guest Gadfly
"Curb-stomped"? Really? Is that what happened in November 2008 when Democrats got landslide victories in the Senate and House and the nation elected Barack H. Obama President?

Proving the other side to be "evil hypocrites" is the modus operandi of O'Reilly and Beck. It's cool to point out the Republican hypocrisies but I never called anyone "evil."

As to November 2010, the issues are being debated. We'll see where the GOP's Tea Partying, Toga Partying (that Rand Paul was party central in college), World Wide Wrestling (thanks Connecticut Republicans) wind up. Don't count your chickens yet.

2008 is the past. So is 2012. 2010 looks to be a Republican year. They will likely take the House and Possibly the Senate, though that is unlikely. They will almost certainly gain seats there.

I know the pundits do the same. If you look at my posts I have repeatedly called out 2Sheep4U for the same sort of mudslinging. "They started it" is not a valid defense.

As for my chickens-look at my posts as I said. I belong to neither party. I am just a Gadfly.

mid-term elections typically don't favor the party in power, that's a fact. Debate the issues with the gop? Now that's rich, the hate America gop's response to anything would be "no" but I guess that qualifies as a debate to some. Curb stomped? You do realize you've been "thumped" for the last several national elections and it's not going to be anywhere near that. Hope springs eternal and you're entitled to your dreams.

I can't be thumped I'm an independent who votes for the best candidate of either party. Dismissing what I say as "oh he's just another Republican" ignores reality. For once 2Sheep4U was right up above-even the liberal pundits are a bit worried at this point. The Democrats have not been good at getting the public on their side at all and they will pay for it this November.

2008 is the past. So is 2012. 2010 looks to be a Republican year. They will likely take the House and Possibly the Senate, though that is unlikely. They will almost certainly gain seats there.

I know the pundits do the same. If you look at my posts I have repeatedly called out 2Sheep4U for the same sort of mudslinging. "They started it" is not a valid defense.

As for my chickens-look at my posts as I said. I belong to neither party. I am just a Gadfly.

I can't be thumped I'm an independent who votes for the best candidate of either party. Dismissing what I say as "oh he's just another Republican" ignores reality. For once 2Sheep4U was right up above-even the liberal pundits are a bit worried at this point. The Democrats have not been good at getting the public on their side at all and they will pay for it this November.

"Even the liberal pundits are a bit worried...." ?

How about the chairman of the republican party saying gop won't win back the house, that's better than a pundit.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31163.html

Guest 2smart4u
"Even the liberal pundits are a bit worried...." ?

How about the chairman of the republican party saying gop won't win back the house, that's better than a pundit.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31163.html

How stupid can one person be?? The object is to downplay the GOP takeover and keep the voters fired up.

Psychology is apparently not your strong suit.

How stupid can one person be?? The object is to downplay the GOP takeover and keep the voters fired up.

But patience is obviously your strong suit. You've been promising takeovers locally and nationally for years. Good job downplaying it, the nation hasn't caught on yet.

I don't know how stupid one person can be, I'll let you know after you bottom out.

You're absolutely right. As an example think of fans leaving a stadium early with their team up by a big score.

But patience is obviously your strong suit. You've been promising takeovers locally and nationally for years. Good job downplaying it, the nation hasn't caught on yet.

Yes he has, but today is a different time and a different day, and people are definitely rising up, if not publically, privately!

First off check the your history.. I believe the Republicans were in control for quite some time and quite recently so I'm not sure when these many years you seem to be referring to happened. Also, why is that the Dems seem to harp on the moral issue and attack the moral side of everything? Why is it so difficult for them to discuss the facts. The economy is crumbling, college tuition prices are unbelievably high so Obama hasn't really made any of it "accessible," our nation's debt is climbing, and the troops that the Dems promised to bring home quickly are still not home. So let's stop worrying about the mistakes the adult children of the "potential candidates." There are much more pressing issues to deal with. And honestly, did you do everything your parents told you not to do as a child? Seriously, leave these people alone. They are only human, also, and are allowed to make mistakes, believe it or not.