Blue Tide blues

Guest Zippy

Guest Zippy

Has there ever been a discussion about changing the "Blue Tide" mascot. Talk about a loser. Kind of embarrassing. Sounds like something you put in your toilet tank to keep your bowl clean. The only tide near us is the Passaic River and that sure ain't blue. How about Harrison Hawks, or Hurricane or Lions? Any suggestions?

Guest Guest
Has there ever been a discussion about changing the "Blue Tide" mascot. Talk about a loser. Kind of embarrassing. Sounds like something you put in your toilet tank to keep your bowl clean. The only tide near us is the Passaic River and that sure ain't blue. How about Harrison Hawks, or Hurricane or Lions? Any suggestions?

If you see a Harrison Cop, look at the police patch on his shoulder. There is a sail boat on it. A lot of things about Harrison don't make sense.

Guest Guest
How about "The Harrison Jalapenos"? Maybe that change would heat up the sports programs?

Guest guest

I HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THIS FOR YEARS. DARN GOOD QUESTION.

Guest guest
I HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THIS FOR YEARS. DARN GOOD QUESTION.

Well go over to the high school and ask someone who knows.You know there are hundreds of lions .and tigers,and bears in Nj.There is only one Blue Tide in all of NJ

.Maybe we can change it.Maybe you'd like the Crimson Tide you fool.Your probably new to country and have no sense of what Harrison is or was.I'd rather to be the only one.... than one of many.

Here's a hint think Union Army in the Civil War overwhelming the Confederates.The Union soldiers wore Blue uniforms

Guest Guest
Well go over to the high school and ask someone who knows.You know there are hundreds of lions .and tigers,and bears in Nj.There is only one Blue Tide in all of NJ

.Maybe we can change it.Maybe you'd like the Crimson Tide you fool.Your probably new to country and have no sense of what Harrison is or was.I'd rather to be the only one.... than one of many.

Here's a hint think Union Army in the Civil War overwhelming the Confederates.The Union soldiers wore Blue uniforms

where did blue tide come from Ive been here all my life 68yrs and cant remember why they are called blue tide or maybe because of my age I just forgot

Guest Guest
How about Harrison Zombies in honor of our town council ??

The Harrison Blue Tide has been in place since the High School teams have competed. Keep the name and stop someone who is bored and has nothing else to do who wants to change it. Many have played under this

name and I'm sure they don't want it changed. There have been a lot of championship teams under this name.

Guest Guest
The Harrison Blue Tide has been in place since the High School teams have competed. Keep the name and stop someone who is bored and has nothing else to do who wants to change it. Many have played under this

name and I'm sure they don't want it changed. There have been a lot of championship teams under this name.

I agree! When I graduated in 1964 from the H.S. their was a great deal of pride in the "Blue Tide". Some people just have nothing to do, so they dream up why we should change this or that. While some change is good, some things left the way they are is better. This is one of those things!

Guest Guest
I agree! When I graduated in 1964 from the H.S. their was a great deal of pride in the "Blue Tide". Some people just have nothing to do, so they dream up why we should change this or that. While some change is good, some things left the way they are is better. This is one of those things!

"their" should be there graduate!

Guest guest

"Their" should be there.

Guest Zippy

I'm not "new to the country",you bigot, and the reason why there is "only one Blue Tide in all of NJ" is because it is a stupid name.

Guest Guest
I'm not "new to the country",you bigot, and the reason why there is "only one Blue Tide in all of NJ" is because it is a stupid name.

If you feel this way.......Then make sure you let the UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA know.....That Crimson Tide is an astupid name, Chico!!!!!!

Guest Zippy
If you feel this way.......Then make sure you let the UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA know.....That Crimson Tide is an astupid name, Chico!!!!!!

Wow, we've got some real winners in this town. And they think they are funny!!! Look out bigot, your ignorance is showing again.

Guest Bubba
Wow, we've got some real winners in this town. And they think they are funny!!! Look out bigot, your ignorance is showing again.

YOU GO ZIPPY! TELL IT LIKE IT IS!!

Guest Guest
How about "The Blue Tacos" ?

You know, with all the problems in our town all you people have to worry about is the name of a football team! You are a bunch of Jack asses! you should be worrying about the the town's govenment uless you are a few of the ones with the BIG pay checks.

Guest Guest
How about "The Blue Tacos" ?

Definitions of tide on the Web:

rise or move forward; "surging waves"

tidal - of or relating to or caused by tides; "tidal wave"

meaning powerful

Guest Guest

After years of watching, "Chico and the Man," on T.V. we find out if you use the term "Chico" you are an ignorant bigot. You sir are a racist, you pull out the race card at your convenience. You are a race baiter and should go back to your country where you won't have to put up with people using simple terms that have been part of our lives for years.

Gringo

Guest Guest
After years of watching, "Chico and the Man," on T.V. we find out if you use the term "Chico" you are an ignorant bigot. You sir are a racist, you pull out the race card at your convenience. You are a race baiter and should go back to your country where you won't have to put up with people using simple terms that have been part of our lives for years.

Gringo

John--

John???

Guest Zippy

Gringo

You are wrong on SO MANY LEVELS it is just staggering. Careful now, you are making all of the Gringos look bad.