KEARNY

Guest KOTW'S suggestion

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, how about this?

It's kind of a NJ topic, but relates directly to the municipalities.

The Governor is proposing a 2.5% "hard" cap to the growth of property taxes. According to reports, the taxpayers can vote to pay more; though I see very few, if any municipalities going this way.

So, here's the question, the Governor has spent a great deal of time vilifying any employee who is being paid with taxpayer monies (as a public employee for the last ten years, he is exempt, however); but salaries aside this town faces a great many expenses that they have no control over; where do our elected officials stand on this? In Massachusetts, they tried this, but in MA, the state had money available to give to the municipalities, this is not the case in NJ.

In my opinion, this Governor operates in a vacuum, where theory is applied and works, but it doesn't always pan out in the real world. Utilities, fuel expenses, tipping fees are only some of the expenses where "the price is the price", what can a municipality do if these costs go up 4%, 5%? He also made fundamental changes to the UEZ program which aided this town, instead taking the money to help in the appearance of his own fiscal responsibility. These monies were a HUGE asset to this town, now it has been relocated to Trenton, where we know they are very responsible with their spending appetites.

It's all a good idea, but looks like smoke and mirrors to me.

Most of you on this board have seen my moniker before, you know I support less government, not more. But, when I see something that doesn't seem right, I question it, party or ideology aside.

This is my opinion, KEARNY related, what's yours?

Guest Guest
Okay, how about this?

It's kind of a NJ topic, but relates directly to the municipalities.

The Governor is proposing a 2.5% "hard" cap to the growth of property taxes. According to reports, the taxpayers can vote to pay more; though I see very few, if any municipalities going this way.

So, here's the question, the Governor has spent a great deal of time vilifying any employee who is being paid with taxpayer monies (as a public employee for the last ten years, he is exempt, however); but salaries aside this town faces a great many expenses that they have no control over; where do our elected officials stand on this? In Massachusetts, they tried this, but in MA, the state had money available to give to the municipalities, this is not the case in NJ.

In my opinion, this Governor operates in a vacuum, where theory is applied and works, but it doesn't always pan out in the real world. Utilities, fuel expenses, tipping fees are only some of the expenses where "the price is the price", what can a municipality do if these costs go up 4%, 5%? He also made fundamental changes to the UEZ program which aided this town, instead taking the money to help in the appearance of his own fiscal responsibility. These monies were a HUGE asset to this town, now it has been relocated to Trenton, where we know they are very responsible with their spending appetites.

It's all a good idea, but looks like smoke and mirrors to me.

Most of you on this board have seen my moniker before, you know I support less government, not more. But, when I see something that doesn't seem right, I question it, party or ideology aside.

This is my opinion, KEARNY related, what's yours?

Why is Santos lying about what he is doing to the employees of the town?

He is cutting hours to some and not others lying about the how they made the choice.

the BA is leaving and blindsided the M & C they let the BA make decisions on the towns behalf when all he is and has been doing was making his life richer with the tax dollars. Nice way for the elected officials that forget why they were elected in the first place to operate. They are all out for themselves, they laugh at the people they turn their backs and do whatever self serving thing they want. This town needs a revamp from top to bottom starting with the top. How do you make the changes that need to be made?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Why is Santos lying about what he is doing to the employees of the town?

He is cutting hours to some and not others lying about the how they made the choice.

the BA is leaving and blindsided the M & C they let the BA make decisions on the towns behalf when all he is and has been doing was making his life richer with the tax dollars. Nice way for the elected officials that forget why they were elected in the first place to operate. They are all out for themselves, they laugh at the people they turn their backs and do whatever self serving thing they want. This town needs a revamp from top to bottom starting with the top. How do you make the changes that need to be made?