SHHHH Mr.Superintendent

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Let's start a guessing game.We'll call it "HOW MANY DAYS TILL Mr.Superintendent RESIGNS"

With all this trouble,and even more on the horizon.And I don't mean the budget,that would be too simple.My guess is 10 working days from today.

Guest Guest
Let's start a guessing game.We'll call it "HOW MANY DAYS TILL Mr.Superintendent RESIGNS"

With all this trouble,and even more on the horizon.And I don't mean the budget,that would be too simple.My guess is 10 working days from today.

Why, is something up that we don't know about? :(

Guest Bean Counter

Doesn't he have to ride it out until the end of the year in order to max out on the pension?

Guest Guest

Please, Mr. Campbell, even the Observer knows that the superintendent has prepared his retirement papers because of all the uncertainty going on in Trenton. Stop spinning it into something sinister, even though everybody knows that's your style.

Guest Guest

Good luck, JC, trying to spin a story where there isn't one. You can't even do that right. No secret really, especially since you already tried to get the Observer to do a story about the superintendent putting in his papers. It's about what's going on in Trenton and how they're trying to change the pension details. Period. But do keep trying JC. You're amusing if nothing else.

Guest Bean Counter
Good luck, JC, trying to spin a story where there isn't one. You can't even do that right. No secret really, especially since you already tried to get the Observer to do a story about the superintendent putting in his papers. It's about what's going on in Trenton and how they're trying to change the pension details. Period. But do keep trying JC. You're amusing if nothing else.

Not a story?? From your own statement, DiGesere will be leaving if the Governor/legislature changes the "pension details". Right now, there's a pretty good chance Trenton will do just that on all government pensions. That's a pretty significant "detail."

Guest Guest
Not a story?? From your own statement, DiGesere will be leaving if the Governor/legislature changes the "pension details". Right now, there's a pretty good chance Trenton will do just that on all government pensions. That's a pretty significant "detail."

I am so glad I no longer have children in school. If the Governor gets his way the Kearny School District and many others throughout this State will have many experienced people leaving their jobs and leaving our children in limbo. My children went to school when the budgets were strong, the PTA's were strong and my children benefited greatly. Don't you realize that the children will be the ones that will suffer from all of this animosity and uncertainty? I am so sad to be living in New Jersey.

Guest Bean Counter
I am so glad I no longer have children in school. If the Governor gets his way the Kearny School District and many others throughout this State will have many experienced people leaving their jobs and leaving our children in limbo. My children went to school when the budgets were strong, the PTA's were strong and my children benefited greatly. Don't you realize that the children will be the ones that will suffer from all of this animosity and uncertainty? I am so sad to be living in New Jersey.

The children are doing fine and excelling in States that pay teachers and administrators less. Let's get real. The ugly fights are always about money and this is one of them. It's about Cadillac salaries, steps, pensions, health benefits, when we can only affort the Impala. Get used to the Impala, not just in NJ but across the country. We can no longer live on borrowed money. Our "children" won't be able to pay the huge State and national debt that we the "adults" have accumulated. So, yes, I am thinking about the children.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest On second thought
Why, is something up that we don't know about? :P

I didn't believe the original poster on this thread, but now I do. Both the High School Principal and Assistant Superintendant have put in their retirement papers. I don't think he wants the challenge of running the district with new people in those slots next year.

Guest Guest
I didn't believe the original poster on this thread, but now I do. Both the High School Principal and Assistant Superintendant have put in their retirement papers. I don't think he wants the challenge of running the district with new people in those slots next year.

Really, where did u hear this information?

Guest I was there
It was announced at the Town Meeting last week.

Nope, no announcement. On the contrary, rumor has it his contract is getting extended by May 21st.

Guest Guest
Nope, no announcement. On the contrary, rumor has it his contract is getting extended by May 21st.

Assistant Super. and HS Principal to retire. It was annouced at the retirement dinner.

Guest Guest

Well ,I must say

What a disgrace, REALLY !

Stevenson as the president of the Board. This just goe's to show any puppet on franki's strings can do that job. What a chump. Sorry for your embarrasment Mrs. Mc Donald it looks like anyone could have done that job after all.

Guest Interesting Factoid
The children are doing fine and excelling in States that pay teachers and administrators less. Let's get real. The ugly fights are always about money and this is one of them. It's about Cadillac salaries, steps, pensions, health benefits, when we can only affort the Impala. Get used to the Impala, not just in NJ but across the country. We can no longer live on borrowed money. Our "children" won't be able to pay the huge State and national debt that we the "adults" have accumulated. So, yes, I am thinking about the children.

Why do we pay the Kearny school superintendent a salary that is higher than the Governor's?

Guest Guest
Why do we pay the Kearny school superintendent a salary that is higher than the Governor's?

Maybe because Mr. Digesere has a clue and the governor doesn't?

Guest Guest

Because the superintendent's job is 10x more difficult then the Gov's.

Guest Really??
Because the superintendent's job is 10x more difficult then the Gov's.

Nah, that's not it. They do it because they can get away with it. There's no newspaper coverage. No public discussion.

Get real. Higher than the Governor?? Higher than the Police Chief?? the spending spree can't sustain itself. Unfortunately, by the time the cuts come, it will be the young'uns that'll have to pay the piper.

Guest Guest
Nah, that's not it. They do it because they can get away with it. There's no newspaper coverage. No public discussion.

Get real. Higher than the Governor?? Higher than the Police Chief?? the spending spree can't sustain itself. Unfortunately, by the time the cuts come, it will be the young'uns that'll have to pay the piper.

The superintendent's salary in Kearny is not really that high in comparison to the rest of the state. And there's plenty of public discussion. There's BOE meetings and Digesere spoke publicly at each of the schools.

If you want quality you usually have to pay for it.

Guest Really??
The superintendent's salary in Kearny is not really that high in comparison to the rest of the state. And there's plenty of public discussion. There's BOE meetings and Digesere spoke publicly at each of the schools.

If you want quality you usually have to pay for it.

, he said as unemployment hit 12%, andhomeowners get foreclosed left and right. Seriously, you think any government official is worth $200,000 a year?? That's like Marie Antoinette living the life at Versailles and saying, "Mon Dieu, Let Them Eat Cake!" We all know how that one turned out.

Guest Guest
, he said as unemployment hit 12%, andhomeowners get foreclosed left and right. Seriously, you think any government official is worth $200,000 a year?? That's like Marie Antoinette living the life at Versailles and saying, "Mon Dieu, Let Them Eat Cake!" We all know how that one turned out.

Like it or not that's the going rate. Why do you think every town, state, or federal employee is supposed to slash their pay. Is that what The Chubby Dictator and his wife are doing?

Guest Really???
Like it or not that's the going rate. Why do you think every town, state, or federal employee is supposed to slash their pay. Is that what The Chubby Dictator and his wife are doing?

Yes, I expect government employees to cut their pay. I can't pay any more taxes.

By the way, the Chubby Dictator running the State is making LESS than the Mini Napolean running the Kearny school district.

Guest Reality Bites
Yes, I expect government employees to cut their pay. I can't pay any more taxes.

By the way, the Chubby Dictator running the State is making LESS than the Mini Napolean running the Kearny school district.

The reality is that salaries have gone up way too much. In this economy, there's no way we can afford a Kearny school district superintendent who makes more than $200,000, which is what Kearny has. Here's a suggestion: post the job PUBLICLY for $50,000 a year less, see how many applicants you get, and post the qualifications of the applicants PUBLICLY so the community (and not the insiders with personal stakes) can assess who's best for the job.

Guest Shrink Observer

There may be differences in salary between Governor and Kearny School Superintendent, but their egos are evenly matched. They're gargantuan on both sides.