Teachers Praying For Christie's Death?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie isn't laughing about a teachers union's memo that hints of his death.

The memo is the latest salvo in a war of words between Christie and the union over wage and benefits concessions.

The Record of Bergen County obtained the Bergen County Education Association memo that includes a closing prayer:

"Dear Lord this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor."

Association president Joe Coppola says the "prayer" was a joke and was never meant to be made public.

Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak says there's nothing professional about the group.

Meanwhile, Drewniak says the governor is also considering reopening union contracts to try to get salary concessions at the institutes of higher learning.

Unionized employees at the schools deferred a 3.5 percent increase last year when former Gov. Jon Corzine reopened their contracts.

College and university officials are considering cuts to staff and programs to offset a $173 million cut to higher education in Christie's proposed budget.

On Tuesday, Christie extended a deadline for school districts to receive additional state aide in exchange for teachers agreeing to wage freezes.

Guest Guest
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie isn't laughing about a teachers union's memo that hints of his death.

The memo is the latest salvo in a war of words between Christie and the union over wage and benefits concessions.

The Record of Bergen County obtained the Bergen County Education Association memo that includes a closing prayer:

"Dear Lord this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor."

Association president Joe Coppola says the "prayer" was a joke and was never meant to be made public.

Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak says there's nothing professional about the group.

Meanwhile, Drewniak says the governor is also considering reopening union contracts to try to get salary concessions at the institutes of higher learning.

Unionized employees at the schools deferred a 3.5 percent increase last year when former Gov. Jon Corzine reopened their contracts.

College and university officials are considering cuts to staff and programs to offset a $173 million cut to higher education in Christie's proposed budget.

On Tuesday, Christie extended a deadline for school districts to receive additional state aide in exchange for teachers agreeing to wage freezes.

PUHLEASEEE its a joke do you think anyone wants the man to die grow up. If and when you enter the public arena you have to have thick skin. This is just a political grab to try to shine some negative light on the NJEA period!

Guest Guest
PUHLEASEEE its a joke do you think anyone wants the man to die grow up. If and when you enter the public arena you have to have thick skin. This is just a political grab to try to shine some negative light on the NJEA period!

There is an old trusim,"Many a truth is said in jest".

Just because a person enters public service he or she should not be looked as a open target for verbal abuse.

All new jersey citizens and public servants should take a step back and also take a deep breath.

We are all in this boat together. One thing we should know is what was being done in the past is wrong and should be changed.

In Harrison there is only one person who can make these changes. That one person is the Mayor. He has to be able to say no to Those who want crazy high salaries while others are to suffer layoffs and givebacks, Two jobs while others have none. and no to outside interests which see Harrison as a money pit to be mined by them.

Guest Guest

— TRENTON, N.J. - Proposed legislation could generate a wave of retirements among public employees in New Jersey, particularly among teachers.

The Christie administration is preparing a bill that would require state employees and new retirees to begin paying a portion of their benefits beginning August 1.

Education Commissioner Bret Schundler says state employees who retire before that date would retain free lifetime medical benefits.

Schundler says teacher retirements could help avert planned layoffs.

The Legislature passed bills earlier this year that eventually will require new state employees to contribute 1.5 percent of their salary toward benefits. The amounts of new employees pensions would be based on their last five years of service rather than the last three.

Schundler says the new proposal would require a greater contribution to health care and extend the five-year rule to existing employees.

Guest Guest
There is an old trusim,"Many a truth is said in jest".

Just because a person enters public service he or she should not be looked as a open target for verbal abuse.

All new jersey citizens and public servants should take a step back and also take a deep breath.

We are all in this boat together. One thing we should know is what was being done in the past is wrong and should be changed.

In Harrison there is only one person who can make these changes. That one person is the Mayor. He has to be able to say no to Those who want crazy high salaries while others are to suffer layoffs and givebacks, Two jobs while others have none. and no to outside interests which see Harrison as a money pit to be mined by them.

Target for verbal abuse, I guess you haven't been following the tea party movement!