Mayor McDonough Not Running

Guest guest

Guest guest

Did Mayor McDonough state tonight that he was not seeking re-election?

Is the town's financial crisis so large that the mayor is throwing in the towel before he is run out of town?

Guest Guest

Is the town's financial crisis so large that the mayor is throwing in the towel before he is run out of town?

This is cool. I mean if it’s true- McDonough is out of the race. But I don’t know that to be true.

By the way, whatever happened to that group called “East Coast Strategies?” They were talking about interviewing candidates for Mayor last year. Is there some connection to Doran?

If McDonough runs again, it will be a boring contest. Doran and his cohorts will support him and McDonough will win.

But if McDonough doesn’t run for re-election, keep your eye on those who visit the Superintendent’s office, his home, and Harrison Realty. One of those visitors is our next Mayor. My bet is on Jim Fife.

Guest Guest
This is cool. I mean if it’s true- McDonough is out of the race. But I don’t know that to be true.

By the way, whatever happened to that group called “East Coast Strategies?” They were talking about interviewing candidates for Mayor last year. Is there some connection to Doran?

If McDonough runs again, it will be a boring contest. Doran and his cohorts will support him and McDonough will win.

But if McDonough doesn’t run for re-election, keep your eye on those who visit the Superintendent’s office, his home, and Harrison Realty. One of those visitors is our next Mayor. My bet is on Jim Fife.

It doesn't matter who runs for Mayor. The Town is bankrupt. All the people who took the money have moved or are moving to the shore. Doran better watch out that he isn't removed from office. He has no tenure. Fife has his first quarter, he should realize that it's over and there's no hope. Even E. Newark won't have anything to do with merging with Harrison. Harrison should cut off their ambulance service, street cleaning, water dept. etc. They have been depending on Harrison's services for years. They shouldn't even be allowed to exist.

Guest Guest
Just remember He got Harrison the RED BULLS!!!!!!!! and is going to leave office with a ton of CHANGE!!!!!!!

No No No! There is new blood waiting at the sidelines. Someone with no political ties and independent to make decisions based on facts and not political pressure. I wish this person the very best. My suggestion is for you to take your time and get support before you make your move. We have been waiting 10 years for your help in making Harrison what I remember as a kid. Change is coming. AMEN

Guest Guest
No No No! There is new blood waiting at the sidelines. Someone with no political ties and independent to make decisions based on facts and not political pressure. I wish this person the very best. My suggestion is for you to take your time and get support before you make your move. We have been waiting 10 years for your help in making Harrison what I remember as a kid. Change is coming. AMEN

Hey Listen, don't get too happy yet! You never know what we are in for with the new person. I just hope that the new person does something about these high pay checks undeserings are receiving.

Guest BlueTideBacker

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's too late. The barn doors have been left open and all the horses are gone, gone to greener pastures. The town is heavily in debt due to the Boondoggle, otherwise known as the "Redevelopment". It will take many years to pay off all the bonded debt incurred by the town

in their mission to pour concrete over every square inch of dirt.

The only "change" you'll see is what's left in your pocket after you pay your taxes.

Guest Guest

What a pathetic, coward and irresponsible person, he should be ashamed of himself and what he has done to this town, he did not do it alone he had the votes from all those pathetic puppets with only a job in mind and not the people of this community, keep voting yes. so now he's leaving us holding the debt.

Guest Guest
It doesn't matter who runs for Mayor. The Town is bankrupt. All the people who took the money have moved or are moving to the shore. Doran better watch out that he isn't removed from office. He has no tenure. Fife has his first quarter, he should realize that it's over and there's no hope. Even E. Newark won't have anything to do with merging with Harrison. Harrison should cut off their ambulance service, street cleaning, water dept. etc. They have been depending on Harrison's services for years. They shouldn't even be allowed to exist.

Why woudl East Newark want to take on our problems? they are doing just fine as is Kearny, their have good leadership and vision with the taxpayers in mind.