Harrison is Going to be BANKRUPT!

Guest Guest

Wow just read the article that Gov. Christie is cutting aid to all the Hudson County Abbot districts.... WHat does this mean for the town????? The residents have suffered enough and now that the aid is definitely going to be taken away what recourse do the taxpayers have???? I am sick of my taxes going up and the Mayor and Council keep FLOATING bonds..... I though redevelopment was the answer???? I guess not... Look at the link below.....

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/01...es_governo.html

Well i guess we will see what the $250,000 we paid to the new Super of schools will get us.... Maybe the board of ed should start cutting the fat there too... It should not be just the other town workers... The School system has been in the toilet for the last decade... How about stopping the FREE DAYCARE, what a waste of money for all they illegal immigrants..... Pay for daycare like I do. Wow if they did away with the free daycare who would really SUFFER?????? ALL THE BIGWIGS THAT OWN THEM!!!! you know who you are!!!! I think you are right Harrison will be Bankrupt soon.. Oh by the way the Parking Garage opened last week!!! Yeah when are we going to see that money???/

Guest BlueTideBacker
Wow just read the article that Gov. Christie is cutting aid to all the Hudson County Abbot districts.... WHat does this mean for the town????? The residents have suffered enough and now that the aid is definitely going to be taken away what recourse do the taxpayers have???? I am sick of my taxes going up and the Mayor and Council keep FLOATING bonds..... I though redevelopment was the answer???? I guess not... Look at the link below.....

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/01...es_governo.html

For too long, Harrison has handed out ridiculous salaries (we all know who got them) with no thought to the taxpayers. It was so easy, the state hands out free money and the mayor plays Santa Claus and everyone's happy, except the taxpayers.

Then Harrison had a brainfart called "redevelopment". The bonding that has gone on is huge, the "debt-service" as it is known is 100 million or more, as near as I can tell. All of the annual bond payment will be on the backs of Harrison taxpayers for decades to come. And of course of all of the planning and wheeling & dealing went on in private, no public input (the Sunshine Law is not recognized in Harrison apparently).

Now NJ's in trouble and Harrison's free lunch is about over. Harrison taxpayers, bend over.

For too long, Harrison has handed out ridiculous salaries (we all know who got them) with no thought to the taxpayers. It was so easy, the state hands out free money and the mayor plays Santa Claus and everyone's happy, except the taxpayers.

Then Harrison had a brainfart called "redevelopment". The bonding that has gone on is huge, the "debt-service" as it is known is 100 million or more, as near as I can tell. All of the annual bond payment will be on the backs of Harrison taxpayers for decades to come. And of course of all of the planning and wheeling & dealing went on in private, no public input (the Sunshine Law is not recognized in Harrison apparently).

Now NJ's in trouble and Harrison's free lunch is about over. Harrison taxpayers, bend over.

The RESIDENTS OF HARRISON DESERVE WHAT THEY GET. RESIDENTS KEEP VOTING THE A-HOLE BACK IN OFFICE.

Well i guess we will see what the $250,000 we paid to the new Super of schools will get us.... Maybe the board of ed should start cutting the fat there too... It should not be just the other town workers... The School system has been in the toilet for the last decade... How about stopping the FREE DAYCARE, what a waste of money for all they illegal immigrants..... Pay for daycare like I do. Wow if they did away with the free daycare who would really SUFFER?????? ALL THE BIGWIGS THAT OWN THEM!!!! you know who you are!!!! I think you are right Harrison will be Bankrupt soon.. Oh by the way the Parking Garage opened last week!!! Yeah when are we going to see that money???/

The Supt of Schools receives over 200,000 in pay plus guranteed raises for 5 years. He is also on the Town Council and voted to lay people off and demote Officers. That sounds like a hypocrite to me. He lays people off whose salaries are low and then takes the big salary. Time to get rid of him off the Council, and then since he has no tenure bounce him there too. He has done nothing to help the taxpayer. Instead he had profited from his position.