52 days and counting.

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

It's been 52 days since Gen. McCrystal requested support in Afganistan. While we lose troops every day, Obama is busy knocking Fox News for it's criticism of his administration. Big mistake, as #1 on cable millions of viewers know Fox gives you the staight unspun truth. Bad-mouthing Fox will hurt Obama and the Dems big time at the polls.

Hopefully Obama can find time away from the golf course to protect our troops with more support.

It's been 52 days since Gen. McCrystal requested support in Afganistan. While we lose troops every day, Obama is busy knocking Fox News for it's criticism of his administration. Big mistake, as #1 on cable millions of viewers know Fox gives you the staight unspun truth. Bad-mouthing Fox will hurt Obama and the Dems big time at the polls.

Hopefully Obama can find time away from the golf course to protect our troops with more support.

It's easy to criticize from the sidelines, isn't it 2smart?

Why don't you "suit up" and head to Afghanistan yourself if you're so sure that it's the right thing to do?

As for the White House knocking Fox "news", the only people who actually care about this "war of words" are those on the far-left and those on the far-right. The rest of us that make up the vast majority don't really give a damn. But for what it's worth, I'm glad that the White House is finally hitting back. I wonder....is Fox is afraid of a fight?

Oh, and use spell-check and start using complete sentences.

Guest 2smart4u

Why don't you "suit up" and head to Afghanistan yourself if you're so sure that it's the right thing to do?

As for the White House knocking Fox "news", the only people who actually care about this "war of words" are those on the far-left and those on the far-right. The rest of us that make up the vast majority don't really give a damn. But for what it's worth, I'm glad that the White House is finally hitting back. I wonder....is Fox is afraid of a fight?

If I'm sure is not the issue, General McCrystal is sure. What I am sure about is you don't speak for the vast majority.

Oh, "is Fox is afraid of a fight" is grammatically incorrect.

"Criticize from the sidelines!!!" What do you think happened over the last 8 years? The only difference is, under Bush, the media actually TRIED to do their job. Now its "THEIR" guy, so we can't really make waves.

To the point though. When the guy in charge, that you put there, asks for a resource (whether its men, equipment or something else), you should honor the request. If you have a good reason not to, then you say no. You don't wait 52 days (and counting) to make a decision. I see one of three things here, either he is waiting to see which way the political winds are blowing, he doesn't want to waste his chance to have the government take over the health care sysem, or he is simply voting PRESENT, which we all warned was Obama's MO in the first place.

You do realize that Obama can't begin to hold a candle to your buy GW taking vacation time don't you? Sure you do, but you don't care. Thank you 2smart.

In these changing times I can always count on you to be an idiot!

Let's make knee-jerk decisions like the Bush administration did! Let's send the wrong amount of troops! Let's send a bunch of guys to fight on behalf of a government that's crooked (Karzai's)! Come on, man. Obama is getting expert advice and weighing his options. Sorry the guy thinks before he does shit. I know that's a tough concept for your kind to understand, but it's what us pragmatists do. And while I do think it's stupid for Obama to be bashing Fox News (and pointless considering the other 2/3 of cable news LOVES him), it's not like that's eating up all of his time. You do know there are minutes in the day when Obama can stop thinking about the weight of the world being on his shoulders, right? Look at i this way: George W. Bush watched Spongebob for 2 hours every afternoon; Barack Obama talks shit about FOX news for a little bit each day. I don't know. Who cares?

You do realize that Obama can't begin to hold a candle to your buy GW taking vacation time don't you? Sure you do, but you don't care. Thank you 2smart.

In these changing times I can always count on you to be an idiot!

Don't know if this is true and can't find any proof on the internet:

Did George W. Bush really go to bed at 8 p.m. every night? I heard that a few years ago, but never got it confirmed.

If I'm sure is not the issue, General McCrystal is sure. What I am sure about is you don't speak for the vast majority.

Oh, "is Fox is afraid of a fight" is grammatically incorrect.

Have you seen opinion polls on Afghanistan lately or do you ignore those as well? A majority of Americans do NOT support that war anymore. What "vast majority" are you talking about?

Guest 2smart4u
Have you seen opinion polls on Afghanistan lately or do you ignore those as well? A majority of Americans do NOT support that war anymore. What "vast majority" are you talking about?

The "vast majority" that you claim to speak for.

And here comes the silence. lol.

The "vast majority" that you claim to speak for.

So you're saying that most people really care about the "war of words" between The White House and Fox News? Ask 100 random people on the street - I'd bet every cent I have that less than 20% would have any clue what you're talking about. No one cares.

The vast majority (yes it's vast) of people in this country would not describe themselves as either far-left or far-right. Again, the only people who really care about these fringe issues are people with nothing better to do with their lives.

Look at voter affiliations in this country. Most people do not even declare a party affiliation. According to a Gallup Poll conducted in 2008, there are only 4 states with "solid Republican" leanings - Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Alaska. The combined population in all of those states is 5.1 million people out of a total population of 300 million.

Where is your vast majority? The last vast majority I remember is the electoral college landslide achieved by Obama in the 2008 election.

Again, most people just don't have time to care about wars between cable news networks and the White House. And many people don't really identify closely with either the Democratic or Republican parties.

And why am I wasting so much time trying to explain this to you? You don't listen anyway.

Guest 2smart4u

It's now been 54 days and counting since General McCrystal has asked for help in Afghanistan. Let's see, the last two days Obama held a secret white house meeting with reps. of MSNBC, CNN and two other left wing news outlets (Fox wasn't invited) ostensibly to discuss the news items they would be allowed to talk about by Obama. They met for 2 hours (that's 1 hour and 40 minutes longer than the 20 minutes he gave McCrystal.

It's now been 54 days and counting since General McCrystal has asked for help in Afghanistan. Let's see, the last two days Obama held a secret white house meeting with reps. of MSNBC, CNN and two other left wing news outlets (Fox wasn't invited) ostensibly to discuss the news items they would be allowed to talk about by Obama. They met for 2 hours (that's 1 hour and 40 minutes longer than the 20 minutes he gave McCrystal.

Can you provide proof of this meeting?

Bush had lunch with conservative commentators in 2006. What's the problem?

Bush had lunch with conservative commentators in 2006. What's the problem?

Bush had lunch with COMMENTATORS, while Obama had lunch with "alleged" NEWS organizations. You tell me what's the difference?

Bush had lunch with COMMENTATORS, while Obama had lunch with "alleged" NEWS organizations. You tell me what's the difference?

Are you admitting that FOX is not a news organization?

It was covered on Fox.

Yes it was. I read the story - seems like a lot of whining to me. Obama said that he's "not losing any sleep" over this whole thing. Good for him. He has better things to worry about.

Are you admitting that FOX is not a news organization?

Okay, slowly, and with SMALL words so that you'll be sure to understand.

You said: "Bush had lunch with conservative commentators in 2006." No mention of Fox News.

I then used "ALLEGED" news organizations to suggest that the cable programs (MSNBC, CNN) have agendas of their very own. Much like the claim that Fox News has an agenda. Yup, and they're the only ones, right???

All I have said is that if the President has a reason for not supplying more troops, then he needs to say NO. Otherwise, more than seven weeks to make a decision is not pragmatic, it is stalling, and in some ways irresponsible. To coin an old phrase, "fish or cut bait."

Guest 2smart4u

You said: "Bush had lunch with conservative commentators in 2006." No mention of Fox News.

I then used "ALLEGED" news organizations to suggest that the cable programs (MSNBC, CNN) have agendas of their very own. Much like the claim that Fox News has an agenda. Yup, and they're the only ones, right???

All I have said is that if the President has a reason for not supplying more troops, then he needs to say NO. Otherwise, more than seven weeks to make a decision is not pragmatic, it is stalling, and in some ways irresponsible. To coin an old phrase, "fish or cut bait."

Unless you use 4-letter words, Keith has a hard time keeping up.

I gotta couple of small words for you too...........

IF you'd ever pull your head out your a$$ you'd understanf McChrystal didn't ask for the immediate deployment of those troops, wanker!

I gotta couple of small words for you too...........

Profanities I'm sure. Your folks must be proud. So many arguments to be made, but you diminish yourself to flinging mud.

The fact that you post and answer here says to me that you're interested. So engage in the debate instead of the namecalling and such. I'm certain that I'll still disagree with you, but I would at least get to see your perspective on the subject.

There's an old saying: "Opinions are like ********, everyone has one, and they all stink." BUT, there is also substance to both. LOL.

Profanities I'm sure. Your folks must be proud. So many arguments to be made, but you diminish yourself to flinging mud.

The fact that you post and answer here says to me that you're interested. So engage in the debate instead of the namecalling and such. I'm certain that I'll still disagree with you, but I would at least get to see your perspective on the subject.

There's an old saying: "Opinions are like ********, everyone has one, and they all stink." BUT, there is also substance to both. LOL.

In the words of Dick Cheney, "Go F**K yourself."

"All I have said is that if the President has a reason for not supplying more troops, then he needs to say NO. Otherwise, more than seven weeks to make a decision is not pragmatic, it is stalling, and in some ways irresponsible. To coin an old phrase, 'fish or cut bait.'"

As for that, look up pragmatic. I don't know if you want to read the entire essay by William James, or if you'd just use google's definition, but there is nothing in either that says "fish or cut bait." That's not what pragmatism is, that's never what it was, and it's not ever going to be that. "Fish or cut bait" is something they say in Texas and it's usually said while looking over some CIA reports on suspicious people receiving training at flight schools.

"Come on Georgie, 'fish or cut bait,' we gonna let them fly those planes in to those buildings or what? We got some wars to start and we need to the American people on board" ('cept for the 2,000 + that will die at the World Trade Center)... -THIS IS NOT A REAL QUOTE

ANYWAY, now that I'VE COMPLETELY CHANGED THE SUBJECT, let me say another thing...

2smart4u,

You watch a network full of racists that promote bringing guns to town hall debates on health care. You want to be taken seriously? You don't think we should fling anything at you? I think projectiles are more appropriate than cuss words. Honestly, man, I don't know what you're opinions are, but I can't take anybody seriously when they start referencing or talking up Fox News. It is CLEARLY bastion for the far-right, providing only heavily spun news and the most backward opinions in the public discourse today. I'm sorry. Say what you want about Barack Obama, but when you spam this forum with Fox Talking Points (which Fox received from the Bush White House at one point), you represent everything they do: Hate and stupidity. And that's how you're viewed. You're also viewed as a total closet-case who has a Bill O'Reilly shrine that he whacks-off to nightly. "Want to cum on his shiny bald head." -2smart4u... THIS IS ALSO A FAKE QUOTE