Red Bull fiasco

Guest Guest

Aren't the owners of the Red Bulls ashamed of themselves to be the sponsors of a soccer team that has a record of 4-18? For a sponsor that sells an energy drink that's certainly an indictment of their product. They may get great crowds for the first few games at the beginning of the season because people will want to see the new stadium. By the end of the season people will realize the team is a bunch of losers. So is their sponsors' energy drink, and so are the Town of Harrison's officials who got the taxpayers involved in this mess. We won't need more cops, we will need more janitors to clean up this mess.

I don't know how the new stadium, team and such will have an impact on the typical Harrisonian (besides more traffic duing ingress and egress......not a factor of local happiness, certainly)........

But I certainly shock at the cost of one little can of the Red Bull product. What the heck is IN THERE that costs so much?

What's up with these gouge-priced energy drinks? Is it the natural market expansion of the bottled water craze? Bottled water has been debunked as no better (and sometimes POOR) an alternative to ordinary tap water, and sold in leaching plastic bottles. Now, energy drinks abound........sold in such volume that sports teams get formed as company ornaments, amazing.

With the legacy of soccer as one indisputable pillar of pride in Harrison, I wish the Harrison Red Bulls soccer team great success and hope the citizens of town unite and soon profit from the entire endeavor. When I was a Harrisonian (leaving about the end of the Twin Trees era), a professional soccer stadium in Harrison would have been a wild fantasy of another energy drink excess......beer consumption. :lol:

I don't know how the new stadium, team and such will have an impact on the typical Harrisonian (besides more traffic duing ingress and egress......not a factor of local happiness, certainly)........

But I certainly shock at the cost of one little can of the Red Bull product. What the heck is IN THERE that costs so much?

What's up with these gouge-priced energy drinks? Is it the natural market expansion of the bottled water craze? Bottled water has been debunked as no better (and sometimes POOR) an alternative to ordinary tap water, and sold in leaching plastic bottles. Now, energy drinks abound........sold in such volume that sports teams get formed as company ornaments, amazing.

With the legacy of soccer as one indisputable pillar of pride in Harrison, I wish the Harrison Red Bulls soccer team great success and hope the citizens of town unite and soon profit from the entire endeavor. When I was a Harrisonian (leaving about the end of the Twin Trees era), a professional soccer stadium in Harrison would have been a wild fantasy of another energy drink excess......beer consumption. :lol:

Well said but, How will Harrison PROFIT from this entire endeavor? HARRISON WILL NOT GET ONE PENNY OF THIS STADIUM -

Well said but, How will Harrison PROFIT from this entire endeavor? HARRISON WILL NOT GET ONE PENNY OF THIS STADIUM -

The traffic will be no worse than when the factories were here. The stores and restuarants should do better, and there will be many more jobs that do not require an education or specific skills. This will help many residents, not to mention this should be the boost the redevelopment needs especially in this economy!

How do the citizens profit? Harrison is not receiving any of the ticket sales, Harrison will not receive any parking money - ok there will be jobs for how many people? being there will be lets say 12 home games, how many people will benefit in selling hot dogs and beer in only 12 games. Remember the stadium is for soccer only events. How many jobs were given to Harrison residents to build the stadium?????? probably none

A bad word choice on my part......"profit"....... :lol:

My intention was to "salute" the soccer legacy in Harrison with the new professional soccer-dedicated stadium about to open in town......a long time and many dreams from the days of lime and grassless dust in Kennedy (Rodgers) Stadium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Arena_(MLS)

The traffic will be no worse than when the factories were here. The stores and restuarants should do better, and there will be many more jobs that do not require an education or specific skills. This will help many residents, not to mention this should be the boost the redevelopment needs especially in this economy!

Can you mention one store that will do better because of this stadium? Their record is now 4-19, how much would you pay for a ticket to see this bunch of loosers running back and forth. A Harrison High game would be more entertaining. Most of the prespective fans were at the last council meeting complaining about high taxes in Harrison. Please explain how the town hirring more police are going to help our tax problem. Oh yeah thats right, when the thirty five year tax abatments are over, the town will be rolling in dough. Yeah right. You must be drinking too much "Red Bull."

Guest 2smart4u

I also left Harrison at about the time of Twin Trees, I had many friends that went there for a drink or two. I can't imagine you fitting in there with your far left mantra.