Leadbeater, Doyle and ******

Guest Webster resident

Guest Webster resident

It was interesting to see Mr. Leadbeater, Mrs. Doyle and Mr. ****** all walking on Webster Avenue tonight. Seems Carol saw John and left rather than see the same residents. Mr. Leadbeater answered ALL of my questions to MY satisfaction. Time is here for change and everyone seems to be agreeing on it.

Guest Longtime Webster Resident
It was interesting to see Mr. Leadbeater, Mrs. Doyle and Mr. ****** all walking on Webster Avenue tonight. Seems Carol saw John and left rather than see the same residents. Mr. Leadbeater answered ALL of my questions to MY satisfaction. Time is here for change and everyone seems to be agreeing on it.

Leadbeater didn't answer my questions. He gave the "angry taxpayer" schtick without any substance to it.

I got Santos winning this in a 3 to 1 landslide. Kearny has never looked better.

Leadbeater didn't answer my questions. He gave the "angry taxpayer" schtick without any substance to it.

I got Santos winning this in a 3 to 1 landslide. Kearny has never looked better.

Your numbers may be right but Leadbeater is winning this election 3 to 1. I guess you don't get out much and here the anger on the street

I also spoke with MR. LEADBEATER.He answer all my concerns i had with the town.I was very pleased with what he had to say.As a webster ave resident i feel it:s time for change.If you truly are a resident of webster ave than you know the problems we had on the block(gas station,music in the park,cars speeding down the street).This mayor has done nothing for us.Election time is when he listens to everyones problems promises to help,gets elected and nothing gets done.Mayor Santos is a very good talker,typical lawyer talk.Maybe the mayor should listen to himself!!!

Guest Clinton Ave Taxpayer

Keep listening to Santos and Doyle, They raised your TAXES every single year they have been in office. That's has substance to it!!

Keep listening to Santos and Doyle, They raised your TAXES every single year they have been in office. That's has substance to it!!

Are you people stupid? Unless Leadbeater has a plan to do something different, he will have to do the same thing. In case you haven't noticed, government services cost money. If you want them, you have to pay for them. When their cost goes up, your taxes have to go up, unless you want to cut services. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

I'll listen to Leadbeater if he has a better idea. He promised us a plan. Where is it?

Guest Longtime Webster Resident

There's that "angry taxpayer" schtick again. Leadbeater has no substance, only anger.

Our taxes go mostly to the Police and Fire Departments, over $30 million a year. Are you saying Leadbeater will cut Police and Fire?

Guest Longtime Websterite
Your numbers may be right but Leadbeater is winning this election 3 to 1. I guess you don't get out much and here the anger on the street

No, I get out every single day and, yes, I hear the anger. But it's not at Mayor Santos. Anyone in the State of New Jersey who reads the daily newspaper knows property taxes is a State problem.

Guest Studies and Observations
There's that "angry taxpayer" schtick again. Leadbeater has no substance, only anger.

Our taxes go mostly to the Police and Fire Departments, over $30 million a year. Are you saying Leadbeater will cut Police and Fire?

Your Taxes go FIFTY PERCENT to the Board of Ed. Thirty Percent to the County, and the 20% vleft is what funds the town. Police and Fire get somewhere between 8 and 10% for the entire budgets for both departments including Salaries, benefits equipment and all of the daily expenses. Lets see, last i Checked 8-10% is LESS than 50%, therefore your "Our taxes mostly go to Police and Fire" statement is either willful untruth or ignorance.

Your Taxes go FIFTY PERCENT to the Board of Ed. Thirty Percent to the County, and the 20% vleft is what funds the town. Police and Fire get somewhere between 8 and 10% for the entire budgets for both departments including Salaries, benefits equipment and all of the daily expenses. Lets see, last i Checked 8-10% is LESS than 50%, therefore your "Our taxes mostly go to Police and Fire" statement is either willful untruth or ignorance.

That means that Santos has even less control over the Town budget.

Like we keep telling the knuckle-draggers, a different mayor won't be able to stop raising taxes unless he cuts services.

Leadbeater said he had a plan. Where is it?

Guest Longtime Webster

You're right. I was looking only at the municipal portion. I assumed that the Board of Ed and the County were not on the table. (I think you've flipped the County and the town, it's around 30% for the town and 20% for the County.) If you check all the numbers, you'll see that police and fire are more than half of the municipal portion of your tax bill.

But my point is that Leadbeater can't lower taxes in any real way without cutting police and fire, or if the school budget is defeated and he uses a meat ax to cut it.

That means that Santos has even less control over the Town budget.

Like we keep telling the knuckle-draggers, a different mayor won't be able to stop raising taxes unless he cuts services.

Leadbeater said he had a plan. Where is it?

MARY,MARY,MARY YOU STILL AT IT.THE PLAN IS TO GET RID OF USELESS SPENDING.

Guest I M Politico
MARY,MARY,MARY YOU STILL AT IT.THE PLAN IS TO GET RID OF USELESS SPENDING.

Whose plan? We haven't heard any plan from the Leadbeater camp---only endless rhetoric from a guy who is as uninspiring as he is nice. Do you really think that Mayor Santos sits down at the finance table and ponders how he can irritate the electorate with "useless spending"?

Wake up! You've got a highly intelligent, well-educated, resourceful and experienced candidate in Santos...and then there's John. This will not even be a contest.

Guest Longtimer not Webster
You're right. I was looking only at the municipal portion. I assumed that the Board of Ed and the County were not on the table. (I think you've flipped the County and the town, it's around 30% for the town and 20% for the County.) If you check all the numbers, you'll see that police and fire are more than half of the municipal portion of your tax bill.

But my point is that Leadbeater can't lower taxes in any real way without cutting police and fire, or if the school budget is defeated and he uses a meat ax to cut it.

Cut the school budget?? Police and Fire departments? John Leadbeater won't answer those questions because the answers would expose his political message to be a fraud.

Guest Another Longtimer
Cut the school budget?? Police and Fire departments? John Leadbeater won't answer those questions because the answers would expose his political message to be a fraud.

A fraud, you mean like Leadbeater's business of flipping real estate?

A fraud, you mean like Leadbeater's business of flipping real estate?

FRAUD?BUYING AND SELLING REAL ESTATE IS FRAUD?YOU MY FRIEND NEED A LIFE.ELECTING SANTOS MAYOR AGAIN WOULD BE FRAUD!!!!!