The Anointed One fails.

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

The IOC chose Rio instead of the Anointed One's hometown. Mayor Daley and a whole bunch of Chicago developers were lined up to make millions on

construction related to the games. This would have done nothing for the economy other than to put us in further debt and line the pockets of some of Obama's friends. Olympic Games have historically ran deficits into the tens and hundreds of millions and Chicago with it's reputation for corruption would certainly not have broken that trend.

Now that he's back from Copenhagen, maybe now the Anointed One will stay in Washington and actually pay attention to the war, the economy, healthcare and the rising unimployment rate.

The IOC chose Rio instead of the Anointed One's hometown. Mayor Daley and a whole bunch of Chicago developers were lined up to make millions on

construction related to the games. This would have done nothing for the economy other than to put us in further debt and line the pockets of some of Obama's friends. Olympic Games have historically ran deficits into the tens and hundreds of millions and Chicago with it's reputation for corruption would certainly not have broken that trend.

Now that he's back from Copenhagen, maybe now the Anointed One will stay in Washington and actually pay attention to the war, the economy, healthcare and the rising unimployment rate.

Actually Obama is paying attention to the issues you purport to be so concerned about. His short trip did not detract his attention from those issues.

Now, here are the reasons America lost:

The US of A is really not popular with the rest of the world. One might say the elite and the citizens of the world are disgusted with us and are also laughing at us.

They are disgusted at the way the US of A has acted the last eight years. A half a year of Obama cannot undo the damage.

They are laughing at us because things the civilized industrial countries have solved, the no brainers at their end, has tied us up into

acrimonious debates - namely health care and the belief of many in "intelligent" design. They believe we're rapidly regressing back into the middle ages.

Most countries abhor our policies on their citizens entering our country. To get approvals can be a real pain and can be very intrusive. Often prominent citizens, artists and scientists are arbitrarily denied entrance. They believe those issues will still exist when the Olympians and foreign visitors if we had the 2016 Olympics.

Industrial democracies question if we can build the facilities needed for the Olympics. They're not stupid. They know our infrastructure is a disgrace and eight years later they see at the 9/11 site a hole in the ground. They believe we talk a lot but we can't produce.

Many now believe we are smug, condescending, patronizing busybodies. We no longer have the economic clout to bend others to our will.

In other words, we are no longer the cats meow.

What a jerk, grow up. Another useless thread.

The guy was basically gone overnight. Give it a rest you racist piece of shit!

Guest 2smart4u
Actually Obama is paying attention to the issues you purport to be so concerned about. His short trip did not detract his attention from those issues.

Now, here are the reasons America lost:

The US of A is really not popular with the rest of the world. One might say the elite and the citizens of the world are disgusted with us and are also laughing at us.

They are disgusted at the way the US of A has acted the last eight years. A half a year of Obama cannot undo the damage.

They are laughing at us because things the civilized industrial countries have solved, the no brainers at their end, has tied us up into

acrimonious debates - namely health care and the belief of many in "intelligent" design. They believe we're rapidly regressing back into the middle ages.

Most countries abhor our policies on their citizens entering our country. To get approvals can be a real pain and can be very intrusive. Often prominent citizens, artists and scientists are arbitrarily denied entrance. They believe those issues will still exist when the Olympians and foreign visitors if we had the 2016 Olympics.

Industrial democracies question if we can build the facilities needed for the Olympics. They're not stupid. They know our infrastructure is a disgrace and eight years later they see at the 9/11 site a hole in the ground. They believe we talk a lot but we can't produce.

Many now believe we are smug, condescending, patronizing busybodies. We no longer have the economic clout to bend others to our will.

In other words, we are no longer the cats meow.

I think you'd make a perfect French citizen.

I think you'd make a perfect French citizen.

I'm one.

And guess what? The above is truth.

And guess what else: My French, Dutch, Irish, Spanish and Czech friends all laugh at the stupidity of you Americans. You had everything and now you have become losers who cannot get anything done right.

So enjoy your feelings of superiority (because feelings is all you have) and keep on repeating you national mantra of "God Bless America".

Idiots.

I'm one.

And guess what else: My French, Dutch, Irish, Spanish and Czech friends all laugh at the stupidity of you Americans. You had everything and now you have become losers who cannot get anything done right.

So enjoy your feelings of superiority (because feelings is all you have) and keep on repeating you national mantra of "God Bless America".

Idiots.

Easy on the meth fool, you're hallucinating.

I'm one.

Idiots.

How dare any French person call us losers. You are too arrogant for your own good. Don't worry, maybe you'll lose your country again, and we will save your ass again. Do you know why trees line the Champs Elysee? Because the German army prefers to march in the shade!!

Our Oldest Enemy, its a good book, you ought to read it. It disspels the myths of our French "allies."

How dare any French person call us losers. You are too arrogant for your own good. Don't worry, maybe you'll lose your country again, and we will save your ass again. Do you know why trees line the Champs Elysee? Because the German army prefers to march in the shade!!

Our Oldest Enemy, its a good book, you ought to read it. It disspels the myths of our French "allies."

You are so funny.

If it weren't for us saving you during the revolutionary war you'd be singing "God Save the Queen" right now. And if it weren't for our great Emperor Napolean tying up 90% of the British navy and army, you would have lost the war of 1812.

I know you marched through France in June of 1944 against the Germans. But that was not too hard, considering by then the Russian wiped out 80% of the German army. You only had to fight the remnants. And the real reason you finally joined the game late was to prevent the Russians from overrunning all of Europe.

So it seems when it comes to saving, we are ahead.

We're not going to lose the country. We have nuclear weapons, just like you. Thats why C de Gaulle kicked you Americans out of France and you were crying like little girls when he did. We don't need and want your military bases in our country.

Yes, we can be too arrogant.

But why not. We live well. We get to retire at about 55 with 2/3 of our pay. We live longer than Americans. And when we work we get at least five but usually seven weeks of vacation. What do you American corporate slaves get? Two or three weeks?

Our health care is paid for. Our doctors don't have to spend tons of money dealing with insurance. We don't have, because we don't need, those sad spectacles of fund raisers for Johnny's cancer treatment. We don't have people filing for bankruptcy because of health care costs (Over 50% of your bankruptcies are because of health care).

Our trains run well. You make a big deal about your one modern fast running train - the Acela. In France and most of Europe its not a big deal because most trains there are like the Acela.

Our bridges are not falling down, our highways are in great shape and our airports are not little holes of filth as in America where you have layers of grime and tap dancing senators in toilet stalls.

Summary: The french are still a bunch of pussies.

Yes, we can be too arrogant.

But why not. We live well. We get to retire at about 55 with 2/3 of our pay. We live longer than Americans. And when we work we get at least five but usually seven weeks of vacation. What do you American corporate slaves get? Two or three weeks?

Our health care is paid for. Our doctors don't have to spend tons of money dealing with insurance. We don't have, because we don't need, those sad spectacles of fund raisers for Johnny's cancer treatment. We don't have people filing for bankruptcy because of health care costs (Over 50% of your bankruptcies are because of health care).

Our trains run well. You make a big deal about your one modern fast running train - the Acela. In France and most of Europe its not a big deal because most trains there are like the Acela.

Our bridges are not falling down, our highways are in great shape and our airports are not little holes of filth as in America where you have layers of grime and tap dancing senators in toilet stalls.

Then why can't you control your BO?

You are so funny.

If it weren't for us saving you during the revolutionary war you'd be singing "God Save the Queen" right now. And if it weren't for our great Emperor Napolean tying up 90% of the British navy and army, you would have lost the war of 1812.

I know you marched through France in June of 1944 against the Germans. But that was not too hard, considering by then the Russian wiped out 80% of the German army. You only had to fight the remnants. And the real reason you finally joined the game late was to prevent the Russians from overrunning all of Europe.

So it seems when it comes to saving, we are ahead.

We're not going to lose the country. We have nuclear weapons, just like you. Thats why C de Gaulle kicked you Americans out of France and you were crying like little girls when he did. We don't need and want your military bases in our country.

World War II may not have happened had you listened to the Americans after the First World War. Instead you got your "panties in a bunch" demanded war reparations from Germany that decimated their economy. This led to the rise of Hitler, and the payback he tried to unleash on your people. I kid you not, if you read the book I recommended it is there for all the world to see. You saved us, mostly Lafayette, but I'll give you a little bit, and how many times in the following 2 to 3 decades after the Revolutionary War, did you try to undermine us?????

Anyone want to buy a French rifle, it's only been dropped once?

The right wing is cheering the fact that the United States of America lost its bid to host the 2016 Olympic Games. The Olympic Games is always a boost to the economy, and it would have come at a time when we are looking for ways to put Americans back to work. Yet there were these right wing scumbags cheering the fact that America lost. These unpatriotic scumbags will stop at nothing in their desperate attempt to destroy President Obama.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/10/...ng-The-Olympics

Watch the scumbags cheer when it was announced that we lost. They're practically giddy over it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/02/c...b_n_307794.html

America lost and these scumbags are gloating. I can’t stand these right wing Republican assholes!

World War II may not have happened had you listened to the Americans after the First World War. Instead you got your "panties in a bunch" demanded war reparations from Germany that decimated their economy. This led to the rise of Hitler, and the payback he tried to unleash on your people. I kid you not, if you read the book I recommended it is there for all the world to see. You saved us, mostly Lafayette, but I'll give you a little bit, and how many times in the following 2 to 3 decades after the Revolutionary War, did you try to undermine us?????

Anyone want to buy a French rifle, it's only been dropped once?

you lost me at "panties in a bunch." i don't know who you're quoting (is it yourself?), but you should know that I stopped reading right there. i'm sure i'm not alone on this one either.

The right wing is cheering the fact that the United States of America lost its bid to host the 2016 Olympic Games. The Olympic Games is always a boost to the economy, and it would have come at a time when we are looking for ways to put Americans back to work. Yet there were these right wing scumbags cheering the fact that America lost. These unpatriotic scumbags will stop at nothing in their desperate attempt to destroy President Obama.

Watch the scumbags cheer when it was announced that we lost. They're practically giddy over it.

America lost and these scumbags are gloating. I can’t stand these right wing Republican assholes!

"The Olympic Games is always a boost to the economy". Really? Where and when? Souncds like another temporary bump to the economy along the lines of cash for clunkers. Do you want to pick up some slightly used Olympic Facilities cheap? They're sitting empty all over the world.

Then why can't you control your BO?

Ha. Our BO is purposeful. I will share with you the purpose.

Women love our built up manly male scent when overlaid with a frisson of our exquisite cologne. Which is why we purposefully do not wash everyday. Why wash way such potent attraction?

That is one reason French men are number four as the worlds best lovers whereas American men rank near the bottom, number five as the worlds worst lovers. When a woman smells a Frenchman vs. an American man, she invariably will pick the French male.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2009/...lds_worst_.html

"The Olympic Games is always a boost to the economy". Really? Where and when? Souncds like another temporary bump to the economy along the lines of cash for clunkers. Do you want to pick up some slightly used Olympic Facilities cheap? They're sitting empty all over the world.

You right wingers are ridiculous. You always find some lame excuse for ridiculous arguments. Countries compete very hard to host the Olympics because they know it helps their economy and also helps their country in other ways. If it didn't they wouldn't compete so fiercely to host.

Guest 2smart4u

The 2016 Olympics, had they gone to Chicago, was projected to cost 1/2 Billion Dollars over budget which Chicago doesn't have. Meaning the Federal Government (you and me) would have had to bail them out. With the deficits and borrowing that Obama is running up, the last thing we needed was to create another rat hole to throw millions into. Both clear thinking Repubs and Dems were against this and we're both happy it went to Rio. (Even if Michelle has fond memories of sitting on her Daddy's lap when she was 20 watching the Olympics).