Council bankruptcy

Guest guest

What a shame that 2 council members were forced into bankruptcy due to a 4 1/2 year witch hunt... hopefully they can restructure without anyone getting hurt... good luck

And just because they decided to fight against giving the town to the Developers without receiving any guarantees as to what the developers were going to contribute to the existing town and its shareholders, and just because they decided to help the fight against Eminent Domain, nobody needs to be told that they are going to loose their home because the developers want the land!!!!! I would fight for my property tooooo. Just because these people spoke out against the so called "machine", the good old boys club. This is a good story. Hope that they will tell the story and soon Harrison will be given back to all those non machine members, Chinese, Indian, Portuguese, Spanish, South Americans and all other non machine members.

What a shame that 2 council members were forced into bankruptcy due to a 4 1/2 year witch hunt... hopefully they can restructure without anyone getting hurt... good luck

It is a shame, but they did it to themselves. They built without the proper permits, and neither has worked in years. They only ran for council because they were disgruntled and thought they should recieve special treatment. They have no one to blame, but themselves.

It is such a shame about these dirty politic games, shame on you mayor mcdonugh and the rest of your fat cats that cannot handle honest people raining on your parade.

It is a shame, but they did it to themselves. They built without the proper permits, and neither has worked in years. They only ran for council because they were disgruntled and thought they should recieve special treatment. They have no one to blame, but themselves.

I don't think you know that they had a clothing store for many years here in harrison and in kearny, I would call that a place of employement, I miss their wigwams and sweats.

You must be in the construction department if you are stating such comments r u? they seem to be very hard workers and nice responsible people. rocco remember what you did and what can be said about that down on 1st. street and jersey street. Somethings cannot be made to go away. When you play with the crooks you know what happens

You must be in the construction department if you are stating such comments r u? they seem to be very hard workers and nice responsible people. rocco remember what you did and what can be said about that down on 1st. street and jersey street. Somethings cannot be made to go away. When you play with the crooks you know what happens

Nothing, will change in Harrison without a real State or Federal investigation. The machine knows that it will never happen now, no matter what.

The Machine turned on two of it's own because they dared to stand up for what is right.

It is safe to say that Frank Rodgers is dead at this time. The redevelopment would not be in the state that it is now if he was still alive.

He would not have given away Harrison no matter what!

Eagle

I have nothing to do with the construction dep't. and I remember their store that closed ******* after ******* *** **** and ****** ** ****** ******. The store closed in 2001 or 2002 (I used to shop there) what have they done in the last seven or eight years for employment?

I'm not implying they had anything to do with *** ********, but maybe ***** *********** came from *** ***** and ******** ******* they ****** with ** ****** *******. What have they done the last seven years for money???

I have nothing to do with the construction dep't. and I remember their store that closed ******* after ******* *** **** and ****** ** ****** ******. The store closed in 2001 or 2002 (I used to shop there) what have they done in the last seven or eight years for employment?

I'm not implying they had anything to do with *** ********, but maybe ***** *********** came from *** ***** and ******** ******* they ****** with ** ****** *******. What have they done the last seven years for money???

Did they work for Harrison Realty too? I had no idea that they were involved with all the land acquisitions and land management which was taken (eminent domain) from the hard working, tax paying people who were occupying our now blighted area. Please tell more

Did they work for Harrison Realty too? I had no idea that they were involved with all the land acquisitions and land management which was taken (eminent domain) from the hard working, tax paying people who were occupying our now blighted area. Please tell more

At one time they owned more real estate than Harrison Realty. Mostly purchased at distress sales not acquired by emient domain. They did try to manage their real estate, yet it went right into bankruptcy with their management.

At one time they owned more real estate than Harrison Realty. Mostly purchased at distress sales not acquired by emient domain. They did try to manage their real estate, yet it went right into bankruptcy with their management.

So did the Knights of Columbus when the town shoved it up their A--. Just a message to all, don't open your mouth about what you think is going on in town. These are very vicious people, who will do anything to maintain the status quo.

They are still managing their real estate property and have way before Harrison Realty was even in existence, Jimmy Doran and staff worked along with the Redevelopment Agency (Higgins and crooks) to try to run out property owners that invested in this town many many years ago. Harrison Realty started getting rich on others that could not afford the high paying costs of Attorneys - people that owned homes in that area (homes are still there with no one occypying them-no one paying taxes on property) Now this area is BLIGHTED. Hardworking people were left with no other recorse.

Mccormiks started asking about what was going on, started voicing their opinion about EMINENT DOMAIN and that is the only reason they are in this situation today. THESE SO CALLED ELECTED THIEVES AND MANIPULATORS, CANCERS OF HARRISON WILL TRY TO CUT ANYONE DOWN WHEN YOU START VOICING THEIR SECRETS -

So did the Knights of Columbus when the town shoved it up their A--. Just a message to all, don't open your mouth about what you think is going on in town. These are very vicious people, who will do anything to maintain the status quo.

Town residents should take on the bunch of vicious people and shove it up their rear, do they think they own the town? they do what they want and we allow them to.

They are still managing their real estate property and have way before Harrison Realty was even in existence, Jimmy Doran and staff worked along with the Redevelopment Agency (Higgins and crooks) to try to run out property owners that invested in this town many many years ago. Harrison Realty started getting rich on others that could not afford the high paying costs of Attorneys - people that owned homes in that area (homes are still there with no one occypying them-no one paying taxes on property) Now this area is BLIGHTED. Hardworking people were left with no other recorse.

Mccormiks started asking about what was going on, started voicing their opinion about EMINENT DOMAIN and that is the only reason they are in this situation today. THESE SO CALLED ELECTED THIEVES AND MANIPULATORS, CANCERS OF HARRISON WILL TRY TO CUT ANYONE DOWN WHEN YOU START VOICING THEIR SECRETS -

There were blighted factories and other commercial properties many under DEP orders to clean up their or prior polution, and a few houses.

The owners of the factories and commercial properties were NOT CLEANING THEM UP AS THEY HAD AGREED TO, think that made it bligthed??

Of course it did ask Amaral, Adler and DeRose families they all were responsible for NOT CLEANING UP THEIR PROPERTIES!! This ocurred after they had agreed to start clean ups years ago. So whose fault was it? THEIRS THE PROPERTY OWNERS, and no one other than them.

Town residents should take on the bunch of vicious people and shove it up their rear, do they think they own the town? they do what they want and we allow them to.

The K of C was in trouble for a while because the Columbian Club (********, *********, and ***********) would not give a financial report, or an accounting of where the money was going. There wasn't enough to pay the insurance or repairs on the building. How is that the towns fault?

Guest *amazed*

It is amazing to see some towns people take up the cause for our two bankrupted council. They have only themselves to blame. The town is not responsible for their plight. They proceeded with the thought that they were above the law and did not meet any requirements that all other residents have to adhere to. They set themselves up for the fall they have taken. They borrowed money from people that had businees with the town with redevelopment which I feel is in conflict and they should also be procuted for this action. They can't blame the town for they own illigal and improper deals and actions. Tar and feathers would be the penalty for their actions in the long ago past.

The K of C was in trouble for a while because the Columbian Club (********, *********, and ***********) would not give a financial report, or an accounting of where the money was going. There wasn't enough to pay the insurance or repairs on the building. How is that the towns fault?

***** ****** was doing some work there just like in the elks, the kitchen in the basement and that was not approved and ***** is big **** friend and ********** and mayors fam **** *** *** ******* ***** an in order fo that to flourish mayor put he cabash on those clubs, specialy K of C - da elks kissed some ass not to be punished... no what I mean

There were blighted factories and other commercial properties many under DEP orders to clean up their or prior polution, and a few houses.

The owners of the factories and commercial properties were NOT CLEANING THEM UP AS THEY HAD AGREED TO, think that made it bligthed??

Of course it did ask Amaral, Adler and DeRose families they all were responsible for NOT CLEANING UP THEIR PROPERTIES!! This ocurred after they had agreed to start clean ups years ago. So whose fault was it? THEIRS THE PROPERTY OWNERS, and no one other than them.

So you say after all the years (10-40 years) these property owners did business here in Harrison, they were asked to clean up their land only when redevelopment set in? you mean to say no one cared about that before redevelopment was talked about (*******'s Quest To Screw The People)?

something is terribly wrong with your posting, maybe you can educate yourself prior to posting. it does not make sense does it? MAYBE THIS WAS THE WAY TO SCREW THE PROPERTY OWNERS INTO SELLING QUICK???? MAYBE THIS WAS A WAY TO GIVE HARRISON REALTY A PIECE OF THE PIE ?

Jimmy D. would know, why don't you ask him?

It is amazing to see some towns people take up the cause for our two bankrupted council. They have only themselves to blame. The town is not responsible for their plight. They proceeded with the thought that they were above the law and did not meet any requirements that all other residents have to adhere to. They set themselves up for the fall they have taken. They borrowed money from people that had businees with the town with redevelopment which I feel is in conflict and they should also be procuted for this action. They can't blame the town for they own illigal and improper deals and actions. Tar and feathers would be the penalty for their actions in the long ago past.

What are you on?

So you say after all the years (10-40 years) these property owners did business here in Harrison, they were asked to clean up their land only when redevelopment set in? you mean to say no one cared about that before redevelopment was talked about (*******'s Quest To Screw The People)?

something is terribly wrong with your posting, maybe you can educate yourself prior to posting. it does not make sense does it? MAYBE THIS WAS THE WAY TO SCREW THE PROPERTY OWNERS INTO SELLING QUICK???? MAYBE THIS WAS A WAY TO GIVE HARRISON REALTY A PIECE OF THE PIE ?

Jimmy D. would know, why don't you ask him?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, they were under DEP consent Orders (which they signed) eight to ten years prior to the redevelopment. This is why they lost or settled their lawsuits, it was a way to get more money from the developers. So don't feel sorry for them.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, they were under DEP consent Orders (which they signed) eight to ten years prior to the redevelopment. This is why they lost or settled their lawsuits, it was a way to get more money from the developers. So don't feel sorry for them.

This exactly the problem. Do the Property owners and town exist so that the developers don't lose? What have the developers done for Harrison or the people of Harrison or for that matter the County. They and the the redevelopment Agency seem to more than comfortable together.

I'm sure that there have been many variances and other favors granted. My question is. What is the cost to Harrison?

Like, all the other dirty dealings done in town people have been hurt. The real cost of the deals will be seen in the future.

T

How are you to know this? were you involved in this process? you sound as if you had some interest in this. Of course I feel sorry for these people that worked very hard to obtain their property, then to have the harrison redevelopment agency (the gringo boys) tell them they were not included in the redevelopment and their land was needed for a developer to obtain. I would feel sorry for you too if it was your land.

How does this make sence? If they did not abide by the DEP orders then the developer would give land owner LESS money being they (redeveloper) would have to fork over more money to clean the land right? so why would that affect such dealing? I was under the understanding that since the Redevelopment Agency did not act accordingly to the law the property owners kept up the fight to keep their land (as I would) Mr. DeRose was the brain behind that consent, since he had been throught the same process in Newark, no one was going to try to get over on him, by the way very smart individual Mr. DeRose was. Harrison Redevelopment Agency and developer sick and tired of court appearances, and Harrison taxpayers getting stuck PAYING the bills (don't think most people realize), they in turn killed a very smart man in the process and settled for alot more due to the incompetence of the REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY.

How does this make sence? If they did not abide by the DEP orders then the developer would give land owner LESS money being they (redeveloper) would have to fork over more money to clean the land right? so why would that affect such dealing? I was under the understanding that since the Redevelopment Agency did not act accordingly to the law the property owners kept up the fight to keep their land (as I would) Mr. DeRose was the brain behind that consent, since he had been throught the same process in Newark, no one was going to try to get over on him, by the way very smart individual Mr. DeRose was. Harrison Redevelopment Agency and developer sick and tired of court appearances, and Harrison taxpayers getting stuck PAYING the bills (don't think most people realize), they in turn killed a very smart man in the process and settled for alot more due to the incompetence of the REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY.

Trust me he/they was/were not that smart. They did get more from the developers, then the developers charged them for cleaning up the properties! So in the end they did walk away with less, outsmarting themselves.