Maybe we're asking the wrong questions.

Guest Keith

Maybe we're all asking the wrong questions. Instead of how are we going to pay for healthcare, maybe we should be asking why is it so @!#$% expensive in the first place? Also, should we do nothing and maintain the staus quo, who stands to benefit the most? It sure isn't John Q. Citizen.

Tea Parties,left this and right that aside I think we are all being punked. Think about every horror scenario about healthcare reform that's being thrown around. Deep down in your heart, where do you really think that is coming from?

I don't need to tell you because you already know.

Sure, people have a right to be angry but is our anger being manipulated and focused in the wrong direction? Again, Ask yourself, who benefits to gain the most if we change nothing?

I understand that alot of people didn't vote for Pres. Obama and alot of people don't like him for whatever reason,that's fine as it is thier right but I cannot for the life of me understand what horroble crime he has committed in his short time in office to warrant some of the absolutely horrible things that have been said about him. Trying to make sure that insurance companies provide the services that they promise and trying to make sure that we all, everyone of us, has affordable health care. I fail to see why that is the most horrible thing this country has ever faced.

I posed this question before but I think it's worth repeating:

Would anyone agree the our military and our healthcare system share a common goal? That goal is to maintain the health and well being of the American citizen. One system protects from illness while the other protects us from attack. Both protecting us from death if need be.

How would you feel if the military only protected some of us? Would you stand for it?

So again, deep down in your heart of hearts, politics and bikering apart, who really stands to benefit if we change nothing? Follow the money.

Guest 2smart4u
Maybe we're all asking the wrong questions. Instead of how are we going to pay for healthcare, maybe we should be asking why is it so @!#$% expensive in the first place? Also, should we do nothing and maintain the staus quo, who stands to benefit the most? It sure isn't John Q. Citizen.

Tea Parties,left this and right that aside I think we are all being punked. Think about every horror scenario about healthcare reform that's being thrown around. Deep down in your heart, where do you really think that is coming from?

Sure, people have a right to be angry but is our anger being manipulated and focused in the wrong direction? Again, Ask yourself, who benefits to gain the most if we change nothing?

I understand that alot of people didn't vote for Pres. Obama and alot of people don't like him for whatever reason,that's fine as it is thier right but I cannot for the life of me understand what horroble crime he has committed in his short time in office to warrant some of the absolutely horrible things that have been said about him. Trying to make sure that insurance companies provide the services that they promise and trying to make sure that we all, everyone of us, has affordable health care. I fail to see why that is the most horrible thing this country has ever faced.

Would anyone agree the our military and our healthcare system share a common goal? That goal is to maintain the health and well being of the American citizen. One system protects from illness while the other protects us from attack. Both protecting us from death if need be.

How would you feel if the military only protected some of us? Would you stand for it?

So again, deep down in your heart of hearts, politics and bikering apart, who really stands to benefit if we change nothing? Follow the money.

Isn't it time for your nap?

Sure, people have a right to be angry but is our anger being manipulated and focused in the wrong direction? Again, Ask yourself, who benefits to gain the most if we change nothing? . . . .

You've hit the nail squarely on the head, Keith. We're being punked because too many Americans think government is the only threat to their freedom and their financial security. They are overlooking the power of the huge corporations that more nearly run the country and the world than any government. To make matters worse, by heaping scorn and contempt on government, they make it harder for government to function, thereby giving more power and control to the people who are really threatening their security.

I wonder when the American people, en masse, will figure this out.

Do you think that the military runs efficiently? They spend money in the most wasteful ways.

That's the million-dollar question, Keith. Who stands to benefit? I can pretty much guarantee you that it's not the middle-class people marching in tea-parties or showing up at these town-hall meetings. The people who will benefit if we maintain the status-quo are not holding disgusting signs and shouting at people who don't agree with them. No, they're letting other people do the dirty work for them. The CEO of Oxford has never given be a damn thing except problems. But he'll sure as hell benefit if we leave things the way they are. And I'll get even more headaches because my employer is eventually going to have to change the way it provides health insurance to the employees. Why? Because we can barely afford it now.

Do people not understand that if nothing is done to start curbing costs, small businesses will fail and families will go bankrupt? The very people shouting at the wind about being "pro-business" are the same ones that, if they get their way, will cause most businesses to fail?

If we do nothing, we are setting ourselves up for the largest increase in poverty in the history of the world. If you're planning on retiring sometime between the years of 2020-2040, keep dreaming. How can you retire when you have no savings? Because instead of putting money aside for your golden years, you were spending any extra money you might have had on paying for your blood pressure pills and possibly even taking care of your own parents who are bankrupt or living poor.

I find it hard to believe that people don't see this reality. It scares me that we have so many stupid people in this country. Ignorant, stupid, and careless people.

But as long as they have their guns, they're OK. Give me a break.

Guest 2smart4u
You've hit the nail squarely on the head, Keith. We're being punked because too many Americans think government is the only threat to their freedom and their financial security. They are overlooking the power of the huge corporations that more nearly run the country and the world than any government. To make matters worse, by heaping scorn and contempt on government, they make it harder for government to function, thereby giving more power and control to the people who are really threatening their security.

I wonder when the American people, en masse, will figure this out.

I'm wondering when you're moving to France.

Yes they do but can you think of any better way to provide for our national defense?

That's the point. When government runs something, they usually piss away tons of money doing it.

Maybe we should stop all military action abroad and just concentrate on the US.

That's the point. When government runs something, they usually piss away tons of money doing it.

Wow..........sounds like Vietnam time all over again............simply amazing!

But living long does reveal some understanding about how the system works.........like the Federal Reserve Bank and how they LOVE expanding the national debt........and habitually going to war is the ideal way to do it. (just give our mesmerized American TV audience a stream of patriotic slogans and prancing Victoria's Secret-clad cheerleaders and we'll invade ANYBODY! OO-RAH!!)

The Federal Reserve Bank operates with some mysteriously free reign since they began in 1913. Why?

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/audit...eserve-hr-1207/

That's not the point because if you stop there, we would have no military. If we had no military, we would have lost World War II and the world would have been taken over by Hitler and Hirohito. And if you think our government is oppressive, you wouldn't have wanted to live under theirs.

The world doesn't change to conform to your fantasy.

If we stop all military action abroad and just concentrate on the US, same thing.

The world doesn't go away just because you refuse to think about it.

And it's not just the military. Government stepped out of regulating the financial institutions, which caused insane speculation and near-collapse of our economy. Hating the government is popular sport but this country could not survive without a strong federal government. Literally, could not survive.

So spend your energy figuring out how to make it work properly.