Recreation Dept.

Guest timeforachange

Guest timeforachange

It's a shame what residents go through when it comes to the Recreation Department. How unprofessional and ****** the Coordinator is. Once and for all, the parents should come together and stand up for the sake of their children. The Mayor should open up his EYES and see what type of fool he has running this department. Thank God for Larry Bennit, at least he looks out for the best interest of the children.

Where does all the money go that filters through this department? Hmmmm

It's a shame what residents go through when it comes to the Recreation Department. How unprofessional and ****** the Coordinator is. Once and for all, the parents should come together and stand up for the sake of their children. The Mayor should open up his EYES and see what type of fool he has running this department. Thank God for Larry Bennit, at least he looks out for the best interest of the children.

Where do you think the money goes? The town hall you fool. Just like all the other departments in town. There is a certain very small group of malcontents in this town, all you do is complain. Move to another town and see what their Rec. Dept. are like. You'll pay much more for things, this town just about gives things away. Give me a break, you weren't complaining when you child got $100 to spend as they choose to when the Rec along with the Red Bulls had the bus ride last week. Last time Larry checked his name was Bennett. Not Bennit. Yeah, you really know what your talking about. Go take a bath! You stink!!!!

Ask Larry Bennit what happens to the money?

Check JB's pockets for the money! Larry doesn't look out for anyone except for the ELKS(aka BUMS & GUMS) and himself.

Guest *A friend*

I think it's a disgrace that the community center isn't opened during hours when it's needed. Maybe if they opened the doors it would keep the kids are the street. Why should the community center be opened when the kids are in school - makes no sense, these people are getting paid to sit around and do nothing all day!!! Change your hours, give the kids something to do. More activities should be available for these kids, other towns put Harrison to shame!

You are right and it is absolutely unbelievable. Most parents that I know have simply given up trying to fight it or complain about it because nothing will ever change. When you see the programs and services offered by the Rec. Depts. in other towns and then look at ours, it is painful. It is run by the select few and provides activities for a select few. That's the way they like it and they see no reason to improve it. What a tremendous waste of space and resources.

I think it's a disgrace that the community center isn't opened during hours when it's needed. Maybe if they opened the doors it would keep the kids are the street. Why should the community center be opened when the kids are in school - makes no sense, these people are getting paid to sit around and do nothing all day!!! Change your hours, give the kids something to do. More activities should be available for these kids, other towns put Harrison to shame!

The Community Center is only opened when it is convinient for it's staff to come in, don't you realize that by now, what we need is for all parents to get together and voice their opinion on what we want and what we need for our kids, mayor and council meetings are THE FIRST TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH. NEXT MEETING IS OCTOBER 6, 2009 AT 7pm.

Guest timeforachange
Where do you think the money goes? The town hall you fool. Just like all the other departments in town. There is a certain very small group of malcontents in this town, all you do is complain. Move to another town and see what their Rec. Dept. are like. You'll pay much more for things, this town just about gives things away. Give me a break, you weren't complaining when you child got $100 to spend as they choose to when the Rec along with the Red Bulls had the bus ride last week. Last time Larry checked his name was Bennett. Not Bennit. Yeah, you really know what your talking about. Go take a bath! You stink!!!!

Sorry but my child did not get $100 to spend, im NOT a kiss ass and dont live in the Gardens. What does the rec give away?? The LITTLE that is available to these kids the parents pay for. That department should be audited ASAP!!! No wonder why there are FEW people who volunteer their time, who the heck wants to deal with the phony ass "PR!CK" in charge and all his BULL$HIT STORIES?

The Town Hall? You mean the black hole! The rec department is the worst it's ever been. Last time i checked the rec department is supposed to be for the kids, yet JB wants to be closed when schools are closed! He tells kids they can't play a sport because he doesn't have enough equipment or shirts. WTF!!!! Maybe you need to check other town rec departments because most of them have booster clubs for all sports and raise money, but not here. JB doesn't want anyone to know whats going on so he says he "tried that before, but parents don't wanna get involved." WTF does this town give away? In every sport you have to pay to play.

Check JB's pockets for the money! Larry doesn't look out for anyone except for the ELKS(aka BUMS & GUMS) and himself.

There's no need to bring the Elks into the town's garbage...they do more for the families in the town than the TOWN OF HARRISON will ever do. Don't be a hater

Guest seashell
The Community Center is only opened when it is convinient for it's staff to come in, don't you realize that by now, what we need is for all parents to get together and voice their opinion on what we want and what we need for our kids, mayor and council meetings are THE FIRST TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH. NEXT MEETING IS OCTOBER 6, 2009 AT 7pm.

The hours for the community center to be open are from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. BUT thouse hours are not good for the workers, so maybe the town shoul post the jobs with those hours and see if they receive any applications from people that would like to work thos hours.

Sorry but my child did not get $100 to spend, im NOT a kiss ass and dont live in the Gardens. What does the rec give away?? The LITTLE that is available to these kids the parents pay for. That department should be audited ASAP!!! No wonder why there are FEW people who volunteer their time, who the heck wants to deal with the phony ass "PR!CK" in charge and all his BULL$HIT STORIES?

Well said and spoken like a true Harrisonian that knows these so called Department managers that think they know it all but have no rec age children. His children are all grown up so he could care less of what you or I want for our kids. Time for change. Thank you for putting it in perspective and in reality.

Well said and spoken like a true Harrisonian that knows these so called Department managers that think they know it all but have no rec age children. His children are all grown up so he could care less of what you or I want for our kids. Time for change. Thank you for putting it in perspective and in reality.

I don't know what you pay for at the community center but I do know that it opens every day at either 9 or 10am because I go to the gymn there and it closes at 7pm.

The Town Hall? You mean the black hole! The rec department is the worst it's ever been. Last time i checked the rec department is supposed to be for the kids, yet JB wants to be closed when schools are closed! He tells kids they can't play a sport because he doesn't have enough equipment or shirts. WTF!!!! Maybe you need to check other town rec departments because most of them have booster clubs for all sports and raise money, but not here. JB doesn't want anyone to know whats going on so he says he "tried that before, but parents don't wanna get involved." WTF does this town give away? In every sport you have to pay to play.

THIS TOWN GIVES AWAY THE TOWN AND ALL THE OPEN SPACE NECESSARY FOR OUR CHILDREN TO HAVE ANY RECREATIONAL FACILITIES AND THAT IS CONSIDERED THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE OR FEEDER PROGRAMS TO GO FORWARD. WHAT WE CALL THE REC CENTER IS THE OFFICE FOR SOME PEOPLE WHO CANNOT HANDLE THE PUBLIC. GOD FOR BID YOU ASK FOR SOMETHING JB WILL LET YOU KNOW THAT "WE HAVE TRIED THIS BEFORE". TIME TO RETIRE THESE NON MOTIVATED PEOPLE.

Guest Guest?????

Wake up People the money goes in the workers pockets...This town is sooo crooked it is not even Funny.....A bunch of crooks and liars that run this town and work for this town...Can't You smell it , this town stinks.....I like to know when it is going to be investigated...I woould like to see all these crooks in jail....Do You think for 1 minute Tanski was the only one taking the money from the meters...Think not...They just used Him as the fall Guy.....

Wake up People the money goes in the workers pockets...This town is sooo crooked it is not even Funny.....A bunch of crooks and liars that run this town and work for this town...Can't You smell it , this town stinks.....I like to know when it is going to be investigated...I woould like to see all these crooks in jail....Do You think for 1 minute Tanski was the only one taking the money from the meters...Think not...They just used Him as the fall Guy.....

So why in God's name do you keep voting them back in? I know I don't.

Guest timeforachange
I don't know what you pay for at the community center but I do know that it opens every day at either 9 or 10am because I go to the gymn there and it closes at 7pm.

I think its wonderful that it works for you. BUT, WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS?

The vending machines(aka/ JB pockets) are way OVER PRICED. Every other department doesnt have an unlimited amount of beverages in stock for the staff. Why should the town pay to keep that thing hydrated.

Take a look at the Senior Citizen Center- friendly staff who work hard at what they do to bring everything and anything possible to the Seniors who worked hard all their life and well deserve that type of Superior Treatment. Hats off to the Staff that work at the Senior Citizen Dept. for a JOB well done..........

Now.... take a look at the Community Center..... I think you can see the difference between having an interest in your job and just not giving a shit. And it SURE SHOWS!!!!

So why in God's name do you keep voting them back in? I know I don't.

Is there any viable candidate who could run (and have a decent chance of winning) against this machine?

If people aren't sure that the solution is better than the problem, they will vote to "stick with the Devil you know, instead of the Devil you don't know".

Need a good, decent, educated person who wants to improve the town, not just line their own pockets.

Know of any?

Guest Smarty Pants

Who are you calling a "fool" you IDIOT? That's right, I called you an IDIOT! and other than you, who gives a flying fart how Larry spells his last name? Good Night Dummy

Love from the "fool"

Guest heinze ketchup

I wanna know how someone who was a janitor at Heinze is head of recreation. Yeah the rec center is clean but thats because everyone is in school or work and by the time they get out JB is home counting the change from the *** ***** and ****** ********.