Corrupt leftist media.

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

The largest march on Washington in U.S. history was held yesterday. Police estimated the huge crowd at well over 100,000. So you would naturally think this would be front page news, right?

The NY Slimes, Washington Post and other leftist fish wraps totally ignored this major event.

This a sad day in America when the major news outlets will ignore news events because of politics. And remember, this is the left that's guilty of this.

Fox News was the only station to cover the march.

The largest march on Washington in U.S. history was held yesterday. Police estimated the huge crowd at well over 100,000. So you would naturally think this would be front page news, right?

The NY Slimes, Washington Post and other leftist fish wraps totally ignored this major event.

This a sad day in America when the major news outlets will ignore news events because of politics. And remember, this is the left that's guilty of this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/us/polit...gton&st=cse

This is top class news reporting, by the way. This article really gives you a good idea of who is being represented in the swarm of people that went to Washington yesterday. They weren't all crazies, as some would have you think!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32811199 (AP)

I don't know what msnbc did on their cable network this weekend. They probably just ran crime and prison shows like they always do. Don't you think Keith and Rachel will talk about this on Monday though? Don't you think they'll cherry-pick clips of "loonies" and run them on their show like Bill-O and Hannity did during the RNC protests 5 years ago?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/12/t...u_n_284580.html

Huffington Post has a lot of coverage already that attempts to downplay the event, but coverage is coverage. I thought this link was good though, because it serves to show that HuffPost and CNN are "covering" the protests.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9091200971.html

Can't forget the Washington Post. When did these guys get branded leftists anyway?

Here is the question. What is your idea of coverage? What more do you one from these media outlets? If you lie, I'm going to call you on it. And I'm going to have proof too. Add this to the list of times you've been owned on this forum. And don't forget to change the subject to something like ohhhhh "you're a racist because you voted for Barack Obama." Yeah, that's a good one. Let's go down that road again. Ha!

Crying FAIL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oumQl8neO6w...feature=related

As ko has correctly pointed out, YOU just got caught making a false statement. Not to mention that the civil rights marches of the 1960s were far larger than 100,000 people.

Ironically, the story here is that your political allies are becoming completely unglued, comparing the President to Hitler and calling him a liar when in fact it was his accuser who had the facts wrong. But unfortunately, you on the radical right do not seem to care about the facts, not one bit. To you, the facts just don't matter, and as proof, I predict that you will not admit that you just got called out on a lie.

Is the story necessarily front page news? No, it's not. You extremists are out there day after day, puking nonsense into the public discourse, and insisting that everyone treat your every word as the truth. Well, it isn't. In fact, most of what you say wouldn't even merit a response if people weren't taking it seriously.

President Obama has been doing his best to conduct a civil discussion and let Congress do its job instead of dictating legislation from the White House. Instead of recognizing the integrity behind this way of doing business, the radical right, not the left, has seen fit to call him every name they could think of and compare him to Hitler.

YOU, sir, and your fellow radicals on what used to be the ultra-right fringe are destroying the fabric of civility that holds this country together. I cannot imagine what kind of society you think you can build on a collection of lies and over-the-top accusations, all shouted so loudly that no content remains in them. I IMPLORE you to stop this before you destroy our country. You are not the only ones with a point of view. We have a vision for this country, too. It is a vision that recognizes the necessary role of government in modern life. Obviously, you do not agree but we won the election. If you truly are patriotic, you do not attempt to undo the results of an election by guerrilla warfare. Guerrilla warfare is practiced against an enemy combatant. You have made very little secret of the fact that you think of us that way and that you do not respect us. If you persist in this and do not allow the democratic process to work in a civil and dignified manner, you will destroy this country. We on the left may be slower to anger but sooner or later, you will create the conditions for a civil war right here in the United States if you do not stop this. Disagree with your political adversaries but back up your views with facts instead of making up your own "facts"; and respect those who have a different vision.

That is the choice you must make, and I call upon you to face now, before you write another word, to consider that the destruction of our social and political fabric would be the price we would all pay if you succeeded in what you are doing. Please, in the name of everything the Framers sought to build, stop this.

Liar.

The NYT and Washington Post web sites both have articles about it, and there's a big photo on the front page of the print NYT (I don't know what's in the print edition of the Washington Post). CNN and MSNBC both covered it on TV, and both currently have links to the video on the main page of their web sites. I also saw it last night on the local ABC affilliate. Google News links to many articles about it. Some of the sources: ABC News, CNN, NPR, AP, Reuters, Dallas Morning News, numerous smaller papers and local TV stations representing all of the big networks. As for actual left leaning media (Huffington, Kos, Salon), their coverage was not neutral, but they certainly didn't ignore it.

As for this being "The larget march on Washington in U.S. history", you're lying about that too. I can, however, at least give you an out for not inventing that lie yourself, but merely uncritically falling for the lies of other Republicans.

The largest march on Washington in U.S. history was held yesterday. Police estimated the huge crowd at well over 100,000.

Well over 100,000? Largest in history? Really?

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance.

At no time did ABC News, or its affiliates, report a number anywhere near as large. ABCNews.com reported an approximate figure of 60,000 to 70,000 protesters, attributed to the Washington, D.C., fire department. In its reports, ABC News Radio described the crowd as "tens of thousands."

Other right-wingers, such as Michelle Malkin, inflated this already ludicrous 1-1.5million claim to as much as 2 million.

I'll give you credit, 2smart, for not repeating those bogus 1 million+ claims like many other Republicans such as Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn. have done. But even so, your number is still highly suspect, and your claim of largest in history is just ludicrous. The protest yesterday was pretty big, but it was no match for the "Jobs and Freedom" Civil Rights march of 1963, in which Martin Luther King delivered his famous "I Have a Dream" speech. That was estimated at 250,000.

Not only does The New York Times, the finest, most respected and most award-winning newspaper in the world, have the story on the front page, with a photograph of one of your clueless morons holding up an anti-Obama sign; they also have a related story on page 37 of today's paper with another anti-Obama sign.

You just got caught in ANOTHER lie,

Dumbo. For once in your sorry life, will you have the character to admit it?

Of course you won't.

Because you don't have any character.

You prove that by repeating lies over and over,

even after it has been proved that YOU ARE LYING.

No, Fox was not the only station to cover the march although they may have been the only one to sponsor it. F**K off and die you lying piece shit!

Not only does The New York Times, the finest, most respected and most award-winning newspaper in the world, have the story on the front page, with a photograph of one of your clueless morons holding up an anti-Obama sign; they also have a related story on page 37 of today's paper with another anti-Obama sign.

Of course you won't.

No response to this I see. 2smart4u must be off somewhere getting falafeled by Bill O'Reilly. Or maybe he does the falafeling. I have no idea and really it's not any of my business. But this image of two naked, bald losers in a shower with fried chickpeas all over their pale, flabby bodies is just too sexy. Man... I'm turned on. Please CC those pictures to me when you get back. Thanks, buddy.

No, Fox was not the only station to cover the march although they may have been the only one to sponsor it. F**K off and die you lying piece shit!

Nice one, Keith. Even though you've been cursed with the worst first name known to man, you are a great comrade to have on this forum. Your libidinal outbursts are much appreciated by those whose superegos have grown unhealthily strong. For some reason I can't type the words you so casually used here against our friend. I don't know. I feel too bad. I did it once and I just felt it was too mean or something. Maybe I felt like I wasted those words on some loser who is not worth such strong terms, but then I think about that thing people say about "the blind leading the blind," and worry what sort of people in this community are listening to this fool. Thanks though.

Back to that name, though. It's really not that bad. I mean, you could be on these forums using some retarded pseudonym that employs numbers to stand for letters like a 10 year old would. I mean, that would really S**K. I commend you for using your real name. As somebody who doesn't do so, I am not putting down 2smart4u for not doing so either. I'm making fun of his username is all.

Of course you won't.

We're waiting, scumbag.

Apologize for lying.

At least admit it.

As ko has correctly pointed out, YOU just got caught making a false statement. Not to mention that the civil rights marches of the 1960s were far larger than 100,000 people.

Ironically, the story here is that your political allies are becoming completely unglued, comparing the President to Hitler and calling him a liar when in fact it was his accuser who had the facts wrong. But unfortunately, you on the radical right do not seem to care about the facts, not one bit. To you, the facts just don't matter, and as proof, I predict that you will not admit that you just got called out on a lie.

Is the story necessarily front page news? No, it's not. You extremists are out there day after day, puking nonsense into the public discourse, and insisting that everyone treat your every word as the truth. Well, it isn't. In fact, most of what you say wouldn't even merit a response if people weren't taking it seriously.

President Obama has been doing his best to conduct a civil discussion and let Congress do its job instead of dictating legislation from the White House. Instead of recognizing the integrity behind this way of doing business, the radical right, not the left, has seen fit to call him every name they could think of and compare him to Hitler.

YOU, sir, and your fellow radicals on what used to be the ultra-right fringe are destroying the fabric of civility that holds this country together. I cannot imagine what kind of society you think you can build on a collection of lies and over-the-top accusations, all shouted so loudly that no content remains in them. I IMPLORE you to stop this before you destroy our country. You are not the only ones with a point of view. We have a vision for this country, too. It is a vision that recognizes the necessary role of government in modern life. Obviously, you do not agree but we won the election. If you truly are patriotic, you do not attempt to undo the results of an election by guerrilla warfare. Guerrilla warfare is practiced against an enemy combatant. You have made very little secret of the fact that you think of us that way and that you do not respect us. If you persist in this and do not allow the democratic process to work in a civil and dignified manner, you will destroy this country. We on the left may be slower to anger but sooner or later, you will create the conditions for a civil war right here in the United States if you do not stop this. Disagree with your political adversaries but back up your views with facts instead of making up your own "facts"; and respect those who have a different vision.

That is the choice you must make, and I call upon you to face now, before you write another word, to consider that the destruction of our social and political fabric would be the price we would all pay if you succeeded in what you are doing. Please, in the name of everything the Framers sought to build, stop this.

Bravo, Paul! I'm not sure how we've let these people take control of the public debate. We need to take it back and expose these folks for what they truly are. If we don't, we are in BIG trouble. I find it hard to believe that such a small percentage of people (and it is a small percentage despite what some media outlets are saying) have the ability to be so vocal. But that's the problem. They are vocal.

Did you see some of the signs that people were holding at this rally? Disgusting. We are better than this. We need to start proving it.

Guest 2smart4u

Interesting. The Loony Left gets a pass in your latest diatribe. America is being destroyed by the right, period. Apparently you have no problem with Obama's attempt at government takeover of the healthcare system, the huge amounts of pork being spent on pet democratic projects, 33 secret Czars

doing whatever at Obama's command, countless billions being thrown at banks who then reward themselves with millions in bonuses, a corrupt ACORN being funded with taxpayer dollars while caught on tape advocating breaking the law.

Obama is spending us into bankruptcy while Pelosi and Reid sit there like bobble-head dolls.

The main-stream media has lost all objectivity and has become a shill for the left.

But hey, it's all the radical right that's at fault.

Interesting. The Loony Left gets a pass in your latest diatribe. America is being destroyed by the right, period. Apparently you have no problem with Obama's attempt at government takeover of the healthcare system, the huge amounts of pork being spent on pet democratic projects, 33 secret Czars

doing whatever at Obama's command, countless billions being thrown at banks who then reward themselves with millions in bonuses, a corrupt ACORN being funded with taxpayer dollars while caught on tape advocating breaking the law.

Obama is spending us into bankruptcy while Pelosi and Reid sit there like bobble-head dolls.

The main-stream media has lost all objectivity and has become a shill for the left.

The czars can't be very secret if even too dumb for anyone knows about them. :lol:

Guest Studies and Observations
The czars can't be very secret if even too dumb for anyone knows about them. :lol:

The problem isnt the "Secrecy" per se, the PROBLEM exists because these "Czar" positions are on VERY shaky Constitutional grounds... and this is NOT Limited to the current Administration, the "Czar" positions have always been a little problematic, however there have never been This MANY of them before. They fall between the cracks of the checks and Balances aspects of the constitution since they Make Policy, but arent accountable to anyone but POTUS, with no oversight by the Legislative, or Judiciary branches until after the fact. Also, unfortunately many of these appointments have apparently been made in haste, without the usual vetting process that most appointees have to go through to be confirmed by the Legislative Branch, which is how we get issues like the recent Van Jones problem. Presidential Advisers are one thing, Presidentially appointed Policymakers are another kettle of fish.

I'm not saying you're right but if you were right then what you are seeing is the pendulum effect. The farther it swings to the right, once the balance of power releases the pendulum, the farther it will swing back to left and vice versa. This is exactly why we need to return things back to the middle. Sadly, I don't see that happening anytime soon. This black president that you despise so, had it not been for Bush and Co. and they're radical right leaning policies, it's entirely possible that our politcal climate could look totally different right now. So you can thank Bush and the pedulum effect for giving you this president to hate.

Guest 2smart4u
No response to this I see. 2smart4u must be off somewhere getting falafeled by Bill O'Reilly. Or maybe he does the falafeling. I have no idea and really it's not any of my business. But this image of two naked, bald losers in a shower with fried chickpeas all over their pale, flabby bodies is just too sexy. Man... I'm turned on. Please CC those pictures to me when you get back. Thanks, buddy.

Brilliant post, Ko. The Kool-Aid seems to give you that literary flair.

Brilliant post, Ko. The Kool-Aid seems to give you that literary flair.

2smart4u is weird, he/she starts a thread and then when someone tells him/her different he opens another useless thread to try to avoid the first useless thread he started. Also the kool aide joke are starting to get old.

I called you out on false statements, and as I predicted, you do not have the character to admit that it was false. I hate to say this to anyone, but your conduct is shameful. You posted false statements. Admit it.

As for your political views, President Obama, with help from the Democrats in Congress, has saved our country from economic collapse. When it's surgery or death, you don't complain if the surgeon charges a fee.

There is no government takeover of the health care system in any of the proposed legislation, unfortunately. The so-called czars are special assistants to the president: call them any name you like, they are properly exercising authority of the Executive branch. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The billions loaned to gigantic banks was necessary to prevent the financial sector from collapsing, and our entire economy with it.

Unlike you, I do not take just one side. There was too much pork in the legislation, both Republican and Democrat. ACORN has been dropped by the Census Bureau but it is dishonest to say that the entire organization was caught on tape.

You feed on a steady diet of misinformation from Fox. That is why you get so many of your supposed "facts" wrong - they're not facts, they are misrepresentations fed to you by a right wing network with a political agenda and no regard for the truth. It's obvious with your daily topics that you're just parroting their talking points.

You may not like hearing it, but our current mess is the radical right's fault. They gave us deregulation, a huge and unproductive tax giveaway to the rich and a completely unnecessary war in Iraq. They are the ones who have led the charge against investing in energy and infrastructure. They are the ones who have championed health insurance companies and drug manufacturers at the people's expense. They received far too much help from Democrats, including Bill Clinton, but the charge was led from the right. Last autumn, the American people saw this and voted the right wing out of power.

The challenge we face now is to build something constructive to replace the dysfunctional mess the right wing has created. It's always harder to build something than to knock something down. If your side controls the media war by shouting and screaming, then your side wins a political victory; but that victory would come at the country's and the people's expense.

Guest 2smart4u
I called you out on false statements, and as I predicted, you do not have the character to admit that it was false. I hate to say this to anyone, but your conduct is shameful. You posted false statements. Admit it.

As for your political views, President Obama, with help from the Democrats in Congress, has saved our country from economic collapse. When it's surgery or death, you don't complain if the surgeon charges a fee.

There is no government takeover of the health care system in any of the proposed legislation, unfortunately. The so-called czars are special assistants to the president: call them any name you like, they are properly exercising authority of the Executive branch. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The billions loaned to gigantic banks was necessary to prevent the financial sector from collapsing, and our entire economy with it.

Unlike you, I do not take just one side. There was too much pork in the legislation, both Republican and Democrat. ACORN has been dropped by the Census Bureau but it is dishonest to say that the entire organization was caught on tape.

You feed on a steady diet of misinformation from Fox. That is why you get so many of your supposed "facts" wrong - they're not facts, they are misrepresentations fed to you by a right wing network with a political agenda and no regard for the truth. It's obvious with your daily topics that you're just parroting their talking points.

You may not like hearing it, but our current mess is the radical right's fault. They gave us deregulation, a huge and unproductive tax giveaway to the rich and a completely unnecessary war in Iraq. They are the ones who have led the charge against investing in energy and infrastructure. They are the ones who have championed health insurance companies and drug manufacturers at the people's expense. They received far too much help from Democrats, including Bill Clinton, but the charge was led from the right. Last autumn, the American people saw this and voted the right wing out of power.

The challenge we face now is to build something constructive to replace the dysfunctional mess the right wing has created. It's always harder to build something than to knock something down. If your side controls the media war by shouting and screaming, then your side wins a political victory; but that victory would come at the country's and the people's expense.

"Our current mess is the radical right's fault". The only question I have is, How in the world does anyone become so brainwashed as to make that statement and apparently believe it. It's beyond my ability to comprehend so I won't try.

"Our current mess is the radical right's fault". The only question I have is, How in the world does anyone become so brainwashed as to make that statement and apparently believe it. It's beyond my ability to comprehend so I won't try.

Yes, it is beyond your ability to comprehend but I'll explain it anyway.

Bush and the radical right neocons

- buried us in a $1 trillion war in Iraq that was completely unnecessary and unjustified

- gave away huge tax breaks to the rich, who didn't need them, turning our surplus into a deficit

- deregulated the financial sector, causing rampant speculation, thereby creating a meltdown of the economy

- refused to invest in infrastructure or new engery sources

- refused to pay attention to the health care system

- ignored our manufacturing base (why should they care when their wealthy clients can get rich pushing paper).

The right was voted out of office because they caused this mess. Your inability to comprehend that fact is not someone else's fault.

Good you admit it, though. Too bad you don't understand it.

1 + 1 = 2 is beyond your ability to comprehend :ph34r: