Harrison PD

Guest 2nd Ward Resident

Guest 2nd Ward Resident

It seems like the Town has decided to reduce the PD to its lowest levels since 1946. How are they going to handle the new stadium. Where is all my tax money going, every week something new stabbings, robberies. I will be at the October meeting asking the Chief and Mayor what is the deal on the cops, please join me!!!!!

It seems like the Town has decided to reduce the PD to its lowest levels since 1946. How are they going to handle the new stadium. Where is all my tax money going, every week something new stabbings, robberies. I will be at the October meeting asking the Chief and Mayor what is the deal on the cops, please join me!!!!!

Who gives a shit about the cops, theyre used to be good ones in town. Now theres nothing but fat trolls patroling stuffing their fat faces. in my opinion they are nothing but "CLOWNS" riding around. What they should do is give them more money for uniforms, half of them cant even fit into them.[/size] :D

A good start would be for them to start taking self-defence classes , or try lifing weights.........

A good start would be for them to start taking self-defence classes , or try lifing weights.........

Thats what happens when it's 3 on 1. Anyone can get hurt in that situation. Point being they need more cops, not enough of them on the street. And by the way it's spelled defense, you must be a product of your own environment.

They finally got around to putting bathtubs in the firehouses? How awesome! Now that is bravery, sitting in a bubble bath on Sunday on duty, watching football on the large HD plasma TV, and having a few cold beersn. If they can just fit the meth lab in the clubhouse life would be complete. IMO.

They finally got around to putting bathtubs in the firehouses? How awesome! Now that is bravery, sitting in a bubble bath on Sunday on duty, watching football on the large HD plasma TV, and having a few cold beersn. If they can just fit the meth lab in the clubhouse life would be complete. IMO.

This stuff does not go on in the firehouses. There is too much supervision for it to occur. The officers are tested by the State and chosen by the Mayor and council for promotion.

To say these things is wrong.

Thats what happens when it's 3 on 1. Anyone can get hurt in that situation. Point being they need more cops, not enough of them on the street. And by the way it's spelled defense, you must be a product of your own environment.

Yes, two girls and a 14 year old. Are you supplied with equipment to protect yourself? Coward..............IMO

Who are you kidding? You'll be out-sick, or working over-time.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

Barney, Barney. Is there no end to your jealousy of the fire dept. You're becoming a very pathetic soul and I'm starting to feel sorry for you. Anyone who

feels a need to vent anger and venom every day the way you do is to be pitied.

PLEASE TELL STEVIE BOY MC COMIC AND MARIA, THEY REPRESENT THE 2ND WARD, FROM THEIR ILLEGAL APPARTMENT.

PLEASE TELL STEVIE BOY MC COMIC AND MARIA, THEY REPRESENT THE 2ND WARD, FROM THEIR ILLEGAL APPARTMENT.

I AM SURE THAT THE POLICE CHIEF HAS RECOMMENDED TO THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL THAT THEY BRING THE PD UP TO FULL STRENGTH WHICH WAS 56 IN 2003. SINCE THEN, THE TRAFFIC DEPT. WAS DECIMATED AND OFFICERS WERE REPLACED BY CIVILIANS. THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM ALSO HAS NOT TRAINED FOR A LONG TIME AND NO LONGER IS QUALIFIED.

IT'S THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL WHO ARE THE APPOINTING AUTHORITIES AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NUMBER OF POLICE OFFICERS. THEY ARE THE ONE'S WHO SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. IF I WERECHIEF I WOULD PUT EVREYTING THAT I HAVE RECOMMENDED IN WRITING AND KEEP COPIES.

I ALSO HEAR THAT THERE ARE MORE LAWSUITS BY POLICE OFFICERS AGAINST THE CHIEF AND THE TOWN THEN EVER BEFORE. SOMETHINGS WRONG. MORAL IS AT AN ALL TIME LOW AND SICK TIME IS OUT OF CONTROL. NO PROMOTIONS, LOW MANPOWER, LOW PAY IN COMPARISON TO OTHER TOWNS ARE THE CAUSE.ACCOUNTABILITY STARTS AT THE TOP OF AN ORGANIZATION. WE NEED A CHIEF WHO WILL FIGHT FOR US.

I think we should put Tommy, the bag man, P----- on the case. He can make this part of his secret job. Who would know more about illegal housing than him?

I think we should put Tommy, the bag man, P----- on the case. He can make this part of his secret job. Who would know more about illegal housing than him?

Only the Mc Comics, who have declared bankruptcy because they do not want to pay the town their fines for illegal construction at the corner of F. Rodgers Blvd. So. and Warren St. I wonder if their other town properties are included and their house in Belmar?

Only the Mc Comics, who have declared bankruptcy because they do not want to pay the town their fines for illegal construction at the corner of F. Rodgers Blvd. So. and Warren St. I wonder if their other town properties are included and their house in Belmar?

Believe me the Mc Cormicks are pikers compared to Tom P------. He's so good he was hired by the administration into a job that no one can define.

Believe me the Mc Cormicks are pikers compared to Tom P------. He's so good he was hired by the administration into a job that no one can define.

Neither of the Mc comics have had a job in the last seven or eight years! Must be nice!

I can't wait for the arbitration award to come out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! I hope the POLICE AND FIREMEN get what they deserve a nice FAT raise. It's a shame that MCPLUMBER could not negotiate contracts with these unions but could with the teachers.... way to waste taxpayers money and giving it to the ******* attorney BOB MURRAY!!!!!!!!!!! by the way do we have a town attorney on staff at about $150,000...... what the fu#* is he doing..... Way to spend all of unions money police and fire.... and the sad thing is the other town unions will get what you get it's a FU**ing shame...... this town SUC*s.............

Neither of the Mc comics have had a job in the last seven or eight years! Must be nice!

They may not work, but neither does Tommy Boy. The difference is that the taxpayers are giving Tommy Boy a salary, and bennies.

Guest Superman

Who gives a shit about the cops, theyre used to be good ones in town. Now theres nothing but fat trolls patroling stuffing their fat faces. in my opinion they are nothing but "CLOWNS" riding around. What they should do is give them more money for uniforms, half of them cant even fit into them.[/size] :D

Although you have a negative concept of your police dept., and for that I'm sorry, but because I'am one of the remaining 44 Officers I have no words of encouragement for you....

With almost 20 years as a police officer experience and more than that as a resident I deeply feel for the Town of Harrison.

I feel that I most set the record straight, 1'st there is no fued between then Fire Dept. and the Police Dept.

The HPD is for the most part High School educated people who either grew up Harrison or have a connection to Harrison.

The thought that we don't care for the town is absurd to say the least.

Althought I'm not proud of the way our fore-fathers have screwed up our little piece of heaven, I still go out and do the best I possibly can to protect the fine people of Harrison. Hopefully ther is better times to come!

God Bless You and May God Keep You Safe!!!!

• 1 month later...

Well said Superman.

Before anyone offers further misguided comment about police staffing they should take the time to read the NJ Department of Community Affairs' report about the Harrison Police Department. Call town hall and ask the Town Clerk to email the report, it is very enlightening.

I'm an ardent police supporter, but it is simply out of the town’s hands regarding police staffing. As long as the town is classified as distressed we are not masters of our own destiny. How or why we got into this mess is immaterial at this point. It is what it is.

Guest El Nino
Well said Superman.

Before anyone offers further misguided comment about police staffing they should take the time to read the NJ Department of Community Affairs' report about the Harrison Police Department. Call town hall and ask the Town Clerk to email the report, it is very enlightening.

I'm an ardent police supporter, but it is simply out of the town’s hands regarding police staffing. As long as the town is classified as distressed we are not masters of our own destiny. How or why we got into this mess is immaterial at this point. It is what it is.

That report is a cut and paste report done by two disgruntled former law enforcement officers who had very big political connections. One of them only made the rank of Sgt. in the Paterson Police Dept. before his charming personality led him to the door and the other one decided that placing jersey barriers across a main throughfare to prevent so called "scum" from entering his little community in Essex County, sounds like he might be a racist HMMMM!

If you feel the need to read a report about the necessary security both Police and Fire (and try not to shit your pants while reading it) go to the planning board office and request a copy of the Devine & Murphy report.

Theses two gentlemen were law enforcement officer's and executives at the local and federal level who actually do this type of work for a living unlike the two State Employees that work for the DCA, who we know controls the purse strings for the Town of Harrison. So if you think the DCA is concerned about your safety, you are the dumbest person in the world....

Point of Fact: The DCA's Commisioner & Ex-Bayoone Mayor "Joe Doria" had to leave the job as Feds began to round up Hudson County politicians a few months ago, Hmmmm.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a typo, Get a life!

That report is a cut and paste report done by two disgruntled former law enforcement officers who had very big political connections. One of them only made the rank of Sgt. in the Paterson Police Dept. before his charming personality led him to the door and the other one decided that placing jersey barriers across a main throughfare to prevent so called "scum" from entering his little community in Essex County, sounds like he might be a racist HMMMM!

If you feel the need to read a report about the necessary security both Police and Fire (and try not to shit your pants while reading it) go to the planning board office and request a copy of the Devine & Murphy report.

Theses two gentlemen were law enforcement officer's and executives at the local and federal level who actually do this type of work for a living unlike the two State Employees that work for the DCA, who we know controls the purse strings for the Town of Harrison. So if you think the DCA is concerned about your safety, you are the dumbest person in the world....

Point of Fact: The DCA's Commisioner & Ex-Bayoone Mayor "Joe Doria" had to leave the job as Feds began to round up Hudson County politicians a few months ago, Hmmmm.

What Essex is saying is that the town is going by that report..NOT THAT IT WAS ACCURATE. He is also correct though that as long as the state had the final say, there isnt going to be any change in staffing on HPD. I for one am Damn glad im in a different municipality, and feel bad for my brothers on HPD. It is goign to take someone getting seriously hurt or killed for anything to change, and even then it will only be after lawsuits. ANYONE on HPD who gets the opportunity and can afford to do so should jump over to other departments as soon as they can. Hopefully Mayor McCheese, once the SHTF with that soccer stadium, will hear nothing but a click and dial tone when he's screaming for help because he doesnt have enough officers to handle it.

• 2 weeks later...