Meeting Mayor Council

Guest guest

Huge turnout of angry folks at town meeting tonight. The mayor was not there. Doran ran the meeting and got beat red because he couldn't handle the heat. If he thinks he is Mayor material, he proved tonight he is not.

People held up signs protesting the taxes. John Pinho asked about the bonding and personal guaratees. He is standing out too bad he does not live in town. We need more folks concerned about our runaway government.

The next few meetings should be interesting. Can't wait to see what the papers cover and what John puts up on his website click here

Huge turnout of angry folks at town meeting tonight. The mayor was not there. Doran ran the meeting and got beat red because he couldn't handle the heat. If he thinks he is Mayor material, he proved tonight he is not.

People held up signs protesting the taxes. John Pinho asked about the bonding and personal guaratees. He is standing out too bad he does not live in town. We need more folks concerned about our runaway government.

The next few meetings should be interesting. Can't wait to see what the papers cover and what John puts up on his website click here

If he doesn't live in town, why does he always stir the pot??? Friend of Stevie boy and Maria McComic????

TAXES seems to be a problem especially for the folks who left Newark and came to Harrison to get a little something for their money like the best services in the entire state.

Please get real with yourselves. Look around and see what it costs elsewhere, like Orange, NJ or any other town in Essex County.

TAXES seems to be a problem especially for the folks who left Newark and came to Harrison to get a little something for their money like the best services in the entire state.

Please get real with yourselves. Look around and see what it costs elsewhere, like Orange, NJ or any other town in Essex County.

Yeh right. Thanks Mayor. We left Newark a long time ago. Harrison's services used to be good when Mayor Rodgers ran the show and my taxes much lower. Last week my bulk stayed out until the next day. Never happened when Rodgers was Mayor. My taxes are high now and you continue to give stuff away to your friends with the stuffed paper bags. Can we borrow a paper bag or two defer our taxes. It will be one less paper bag the feds find when they raid your apartment.

Mayor you don't own property in Harrison. Just resign and let someone who can run this town do it. Please no Doran, he can't even run a meeting.

Guest Why not stir the pot?
If he doesn't live in town, why does he always stir the pot??? Friend of Stevie boy and Maria McComic????

Why shouldn't he stir the pot? He certainly has an interest. He has his law office in Harrison and his parents live here.

Guest BlueTideBacker

Spoken like one of the mayor's zombies.

You need to get real with yourself, if taxes keep on going up and services keep being less, how do you justify this? same number of people work for the town and we no longer pick up our own garbage? why do we need 3secretaries in the DPW? why do these secretaries get paid truck driver salaries and are kept inside answering phones? why are they only driving trucks when is necessary for overtime? (in snow storms, on weekends)? why does the Water Dept. have 3 secretaries/clericals when only one works? why does the tax office have 5 people? clerks office 3? traffic ticket office 8? 3 cleaning people in the town hall everyday? and many many many too many firefighters paid premium and NOT ENOUGH POLICE PROTECTION? WHERE ARE THE COPS ON BIKES? WHERE ARE THE CAMERAS ON STREETS? You do not have to look too far to find that East Newark and Kearny are very well developed and effeciently under control. Not our Mayor he has no clue on what Harrison needs and the rest just go along. sick sick sick

Why shouldn't he stir the pot? He certainly has an interest. He has his law office in Harrison and his parents live here.

I don't consider going to a town meeting and asking questions "stirring the pot". I consider it my public duty. I started a website www.yourHarrison.com out of my frustration that Harrison is getting too expensive to live in and when the bond payments come due taxes will cause hardworking residents to lose their homes. Rents can only be raised so much.

When I walked into the council meeting on Tuesday, I had no idea that the chambers would be full. It was a beautiful sight to see. The community finally came. They didn't come because of me or the McCormicks. The majority came because they simply can't take it anymore. A handful of residents organized and came out to the meeting. They promise to be back for future meetings.

I ask that the good citizens of Harrison come out to the meeting. Even if you don't feel comfortable asking questions, please attend the meeting and stay informed.

Guest quarrel

When Frank was mayor, every child received a free physical in school, many went to Dr. Hyland and got free dental work while in school, If you wanted to clean your yard or basement the town would park a dump truck near your home on Friday and pick it up on Monday. If you had a blocked sewer, the Water Dept. would help you clear it.

Now we have more employees at higher salaries than ever, the garbage sits in front of your house all day, the garbage man and the wind makes Harrison dirtier than ever. The days of playing in the little league for free are over as well as most other town Rec. sports.

If there are great services there for the developers, who are getting free sewers and roads at taxpayer expense. I think the redevelopment has lost its way. The benefits for taxpayers and residents have only resulted in higher taxes, and fewer services.

The only one who seems to think there are great services is Tom P-----, his secret job is keeping track of them.

The Police bicycles were sold along with the motorcycles and snow melting machine. Fire Chief Dollarhan needed a new Fire Chiefs truck to park in his driveway while on duty in his bed so thats where the money went. How many fires have the great HFD battled this year? A good method to calculate this is to start at 0 and stop there. The Police Force is a "bare bones" dept. with no police station, totally outdated equiptment, and an embarrasment to the town. Put the Fireman back on 5 day a week 8 hour shifts and sell the beds and all the bullshit. The Fire Clubhouse, secrtaries, health dept. salaries (Comer $150,000.00/year- for what?) are prime examples. An executive professional secretary could handle the part-time Mayors business in 4 hours per day for way less $$$ instead of someone who barely graduated high school at $119,000.00/year and counting. Why does the Fire Clubhouse have a secretary? What the heck could she possibly be doing all day? The taxes are already in talks to go up again at a bigger percentage so just keep bending over and working your job to pay the corrupt system. Thats my opinion. My prediction is at least a 5 to 10% tax raise nest year once the bonds and bills are thru so get ready for some O.T. at your job to cough up the cash.

The Police bicycles were sold along with the motorcycles and snow melting machine. Fire Chief Dollarhan needed a new Fire Chiefs truck to park in his driveway while on duty in his bed so thats where the money went. How many fires have the great HFD battled this year? A good method to calculate this is to start at 0 and stop there. The Police Force is a "bare bones" dept. with no police station, totally outdated equiptment, and an embarrasment to the town. Put the Fireman back on 5 day a week 8 hour shifts and sell the beds and all the bullshit. The Fire Clubhouse, secrtaries, health dept. salaries (Comer $150,000.00/year- for what?) are prime examples. An executive professional secretary could handle the part-time Mayors business in 4 hours per day for way less $$$ instead of someone who barely graduated high school at $119,000.00/year and counting. Why does the Fire Clubhouse have a secretary? What the heck could she possibly be doing all day? The taxes are already in talks to go up again at a bigger percentage so just keep bending over and working your job to pay the corrupt system. Thats my opinion. My prediction is at least a 5 to 10% tax raise nest year once the bonds and bills are thru so get ready for some O.T. at your job to cough up the cash.

Getting on the fire department is silly. If they go back to their old shifts or 24 hour shifts is no difference in service provided. Allow them to work the shifts they want. If anything Harrison and Kearny should combine fire departments and call it the West Hudson Fire Department. Much like North Bergen, Union City, Weehawken, West New York, and Guttenburg did to create the North Hudson Fire Department. Might save both towns some money and combine resources they respond to a lot of each others calls as it is and with the New Stadium when its complete will offer better fire protection for the long run and phase out a few high salary positions over time.

(To me it is sad that Kearny and Harrison residents are at a great disadvantage to become firefighters in NJ due to the agreement with the NCAAP from years ago, but that has nothing to do with the issue)

You need to get real with yourself, if taxes keep on going up and services keep being less, how do you justify this? same number of people work for the town and we no longer pick up our own garbage? why do we need 3secretaries in the DPW? why do these secretaries get paid truck driver salaries and are kept inside answering phones? why are they only driving trucks when is necessary for overtime? (in snow storms, on weekends)? why does the Water Dept. have 3 secretaries/clericals when only one works? why does the tax office have 5 people? clerks office 3? traffic ticket office 8? 3 cleaning people in the town hall everyday? and many many many too many firefighters paid premium and NOT ENOUGH POLICE PROTECTION? WHERE ARE THE COPS ON BIKES? WHERE ARE THE CAMERAS ON STREETS? You do not have to look too far to find that East Newark and Kearny are very well developed and effeciently under control. Not our Mayor he has no clue on what Harrison needs and the rest just go along. sick sick sick

It's unfortunate, but take a look around and you will see that this town is going to $hit! The few familiar faces that are still here will be moving out and then Harrison will just be a distant memory. Wake up Mayor. There are still some good people here and if you want them to stay, shape this place up soon!!

Welcome back from vacation, Barney. We were wondering why we haven't heard from you.

Did you mean that the police force is at bare bones, or that it has no back bones? Please take self defence lessons, and pass it on to your fellow fake officers. But, that only IMO...........

Did you mean that the police force is at bare bones, or that it has no back bones? Please take self defence lessons, and pass it on to your fellow fake officers. But, that only IMO...........

needless to say, your opinion is worthless!!

I don't consider going to a town meeting and asking questions "stirring the pot". I consider it my public duty. I started a website www.yourHarrison.com out of my frustration that Harrison is getting too expensive to live in and when the bond payments come due taxes will cause hardworking residents to lose their homes. Rents can only be raised so much.

When I walked into the council meeting on Tuesday, I had no idea that the chambers would be full. It was a beautiful sight to see. The community finally came. They didn't come because of me or the McCormicks. The majority came because they simply can't take it anymore. A handful of residents organized and came out to the meeting. They promise to be back for future meetings.

I ask that the good citizens of Harrison come out to the meeting. Even if you don't feel comfortable asking questions, please attend the meeting and stay informed.

Do your civic duty in Kearny with your buddy **** *********. If we pay you will you take Stevie boy and Maria Mc Comic wit you?

As usual, your one-liner Barney greeting is of no use. Simply explain the need for a paid fire department and a secretary (that is laughable) wasting millions of tax dollars and driving the citizens into poverty. You cannot so you deflect the conversation in any way that is possible. Man-up and explain to the citizens what exactly it is that you do to justify the enormous and still rising tax bills. If this was happening in the upscale communities where you live you would be spewing venom at every town meeting cursing thew waste of money. IMO, J/O.

Can't wait until Joe Wood puts up the video from the meeting. I missed the meeting but the town is a buzz with discussions about it. I hear that there are more folks coming to the next meeting. People have finally had enough. Mayor it is time to pack your bags and move to your house at the shore. Millan was right you'll be at your house at the shore with you Panama hat and your pina colada. Nice! The rest of us will be here trying to stop the foreclosures.

Do your civic duty in Kearny with your buddy **** *********. If we pay you will you take Stevie boy and Maria Mc Comic wit you?

The Mc Comic isn't Maria it Mayor Raymond Mc Dumic which is worse that Mc Comic. Steve and Maria McCormick represent the future of Harrison politicans. They have been "held up" by the Mayor. They have not given in to pressure. Look at the videos of the meetings on Joe Wood's website www.HarrisonMeetings.com and you will see that the McCormicks have been looking out for the taxpayers while the other council members have been looking out for themselves. The packed council chamber on Tuesday is just the beginning of what is to come.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

Barney, glad to see you're back from vacation in Keansburg. Because you're are so destitute (that means poor, Barney), I'm going to take up a collection to help you out. I was thinking maybe we can buy some gift certificates to Dunkin' Donuts for you. I'll get back to you.

The Mc Comic isn't Maria it Mayor Raymond Mc Dumic which is worse that Mc Comic. Steve and Maria McCormick represent the future of Harrison politicans. They have been "held up" by the Mayor. They have not given in to pressure. Look at the videos of the meetings on Joe Wood's website www.HarrisonMeetings.com and you will see that the McCormicks have been looking out for the taxpayers while the other council members have been looking out for themselves. The packed council chamber on Tuesday is just the beginning of what is to come.

My God,if this is the future of Harrison politicians we have hit absolute rock bottom.Mc Cormick can't follow the building code.He is going to owe hundreds of thousands in fines,which he won't pay.He accepted $250,000 from Adler to be his shill.And he is the guy who is looking after the taxpayers?? Homey don't think so!

Isn't there someone in the town with an education who is willing to listen,who has no ulterior motives,who loves Harrison.?

Somebody help me!!!

Guest Matilda

Its time for a change! Remember that when it is time to vote! You people keep voting the same ass in you keep complaining about. I gues I am the only one that votes for the opposition. I am SICK of the hight salaries, sick of the high taxes and sewage bills and just sick of everything. But if you don't vote them out everything will stay the same. Don't you see that?

Yeah I heard from councilman Dolaghan that the McCormics turned the meeting into a circus, those were his exact words.

and what did Dollarhandout do. Nothing as usual. Dollarhandout is got his $80,000+ janitor job now and he has been bought off a long time ago. The circus show is the Mayor and his band of thiefs who are ripping off Harrison's residents. Get ready for the next meeting more folks are coming they have had enough.