Democratic Corruption / Hypocrisy

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

Charlie Rangel, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee, is being investigated for tax fraud. It was discovered that he "forgot" to include about One Million Dollars in assets in his past several years tax returns. He should be doing the perp walk.

The Democratic Congress hasn't said a word about good 'ol Charlie, he's getting a pass. Hypocrisy?? You make the call.

Charlie Rangel, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee, is being investigated for tax fraud. It was discovered that he "forgot" to include about One Million Dollars in assets in his past several years tax returns. He should be doing the perp walk.

The Democratic Congress hasn't said a word about good 'ol Charlie, he's getting a pass. Hypocrisy?? You make the call.

You know - this whole belief that it's just Democrats that are crooks is pretty silly. Do you honestly think that if the accused Democrats were Republicans that they wouldn't have engaged in their questionable activities? Crooks are crooks - no matter what political party they belong to. So, enough already. There are just as many Republican crooks as Democratic ones.

By the way "2smart" - I've posted several challenges to your silliness in the last few days. By my count, you haven't responded to any of them. Could it be that you just like to blow smoke and really don' t have anything substantive to say?

You know what they say about stopping bullies, right? As soon as you stand up to them, they cower.

Too funny.

Democrats always want to raise taxes, but then don't pay their own. It's ironic. I know.

In the past year we've seen Tom Daschle, Chris Dodd, Timothy Geithner, and now Charlie Rangel revealed as tax cheats. However, greed has gone unpunished in all of these cases. Dodd still serves in the senate. Daschle, despite being forced to withdraw his nomination for a cabinet position in the Obama administration, still has the president's ear on health care issues. Geithner is still the secretary of the treasury. I will be shocked if Rangel's head rolls where others have not.

The party in power will not hold their own accountable. This is the sad state of our government. You are right. If party leaders were responsible at all, they would ask for Charles Rangel's resignation ASAP. After giving Wall St. a bailout that many think it didn't deserve, but which was completely necessary to save our economy, the Democrats have a chance to win back our trust. This is an opportunity for the Democratic leadership to prove they are serious about punishing greed in America, but my guess is they'll pass it up.

Guest 2smart4u
You know - this whole belief that it's just Democrats that are crooks is pretty silly. Do you honestly think that if the accused Democrats were Republicans that they wouldn't have engaged in their questionable activities? Crooks are crooks - no matter what political party they belong to. So, enough already. There are just as many Republican crooks as Democratic ones.

By the way "2smart" - I've posted several challenges to your silliness in the last few days. By my count, you haven't responded to any of them. Could it be that you just like to blow smoke and really don' t have anything substantive to say?

You know what they say about stopping bullies, right? As soon as you stand up to them, they cower.

Too funny.

I don't respond to nonsense. Make a legitimate point and I'll respond to it.

No you won't. You'll do what you have done with the hundreds of legitimate points that have been made against your nonsense. You'll ignore it.

OK - here's my legitimate point:

I'm new to posting on this forum but I've been following it for some time. The pattern I see, "2smart," is that you start a topic with some rambling about how bad democrats or liberals are. Then someone challenges you to produce facts to back up your claims or tries to engage you in a discussion. You can't produce facts or have a meaningful discussion so you start a new rant on another topic. That's what losers do. They try to change the subject and distract people from the discussion.

People challenge you all the time to a meaningful and considerate debate on the topics you start. You never accept. All you do is throw mud. You insult and degrade people who don't agree with your line of thinking. You call them names. You act like a child.

You try to appear to be a patriot and a "true American" but, in reality, you are completely UN-AMERICAN. True patriots appreciate the value of genuine debate on serious issues. They take it seriously. You insult them with your immaturity.

Real Democrats and real Republicans truly love this country. They may disagree with each other when they passionately debate the important issues of our time. But true patriots do not disrespect each other. They listen and seek to understand. Then they make a decision. THAT's the America I love!

True patriots and statesmen hate your kind. You are a cancer. You are something that won't go away. People like you are the reason meaningful change and progress are hindered.

You're a joke. There's no room for you here. So please go away and let people have intelligent discussions on important things.

To all of the serious people who read this forum (from ALL political parties and ALL faiths and walks of life) - LET'S IGNORE THIS IDIOT ONCE AND FOR ALL AND HAVE SOME MEANINGFUL DISCUSSION!!! We can't stop him from posting but we don't have to acknowledge anything he says......unless of course he wants to get civil and be serious and stop the childish insults.

"2smart" - are you ready to play the "full 9 innings" the right way?

Democrats always want to raise taxes, but then don't pay their own. It's ironic. I know.

In the past year we've seen Tom Daschle, Chris Dodd, Timothy Geithner, and now Charlie Rangel revealed as tax cheats. However, greed has gone unpunished in all of these cases. Dodd still serves in the senate. Daschle, despite being forced to withdraw his nomination for a cabinet position in the Obama administration, still has the president's ear on health care issues. Geithner is still the secretary of the treasury. I will be shocked if Rangel's head rolls where others have not.

The party in power will not hold their own accountable. This is the sad state of our government. You are right. If party leaders were responsible at all, they would ask for Charles Rangel's resignation ASAP. After giving Wall St. a bailout that many think it didn't deserve, but which was completely necessary to save our economy, the Democrats have a chance to win back our trust. This is an opportunity for the Democratic leadership to prove they are serious about punishing greed in America, but my guess is they'll pass it up.

Until the nation rises DEMANDING to punish these parasites (AND the recently busted Hudson county elected crooks, et al) with consequences that will actually MEAN SOMETHING, the calculating fox will hold no fear of ripping into the hen house, party affiliation notwithstanding..........

But hey.......what can you expect from a nation that re-elected Bush and honors the death of an indefinitely entrenched senator, silver-spooned and Chivas Regaled, who's privilege allowed him to let a woman drown while he ran to hide and formulate his excuses without a tad of the punishment you or I would have received for doing the same thing..........

Do you use Vaseline when you honor your leaders or do you like it dry, tight and abrasive? (question is NOT posed to "ko" particularly) :unsure:

I'm new to posting on this forum but I've been following it for some time. The pattern I see, "2smart," is that you start a topic with some rambling about how bad democrats or liberals are. Then someone challenges you to produce facts to back up your claims or tries to engage you in a discussion. You can't produce facts or have a meaningful discussion so you start a new rant on another topic. That's what losers do. They try to change the subject and distract people from the discussion.

People challenge you all the time to a meaningful and considerate debate on the topics you start. You never accept. All you do is throw mud. You insult and degrade people who don't agree with your line of thinking. You call them names. You act like a child.

You try to appear to be a patriot and a "true American" but, in reality, you are completely UN-AMERICAN. True patriots appreciate the value of genuine debate on serious issues. They take it seriously. You insult them with your immaturity.

Real Democrats and real Republicans truly love this country. They may disagree with each other when they passionately debate the important issues of our time. But true patriots do not disrespect each other. They listen and seek to understand. Then they make a decision. THAT's the America I love!

True patriots and statesmen hate your kind. You are a cancer. You are something that won't go away. People like you are the reason meaningful change and progress are hindered.

You're a joke. There's no room for you here. So please go away and let people have intelligent discussions on important things.

To all of the serious people who read this forum (from ALL political parties and ALL faiths and walks of life) - LET'S IGNORE THIS IDIOT ONCE AND FOR ALL AND HAVE SOME MEANINGFUL DISCUSSION!!! We can't stop him from posting but we don't have to acknowledge anything he says......unless of course he wants to get civil and be serious and stop the childish insults.

This is very strong language, but in the main I say "Bravo!" The non-discourse that "2smart4u" and a few others carry into this forum is the same vitriol that is destroying our country's unity and fabric.

SmKat, think about a topic and let's have that discussion. I'm in. I also encourage you to register and post under your name. There is no such thing as an anonymous democracy.

Guest 2smart4u

Still waiting for your legitimate point.

Until the nation rises DEMANDING to punish these parasites (AND the recently busted Hudson county elected crooks, et al) with consequences that will actually MEAN SOMETHING, the calculating fox will hold no fear of ripping into the hen house, party affiliation notwithstanding..........

But hey.......what can you expect from a nation that re-elected Bush and honors the death of an indefinitely entrenched senator, silver-spooned and Chivas Regaled, who's privilege allowed him to let a woman drown while he ran to hide and formulate his excuses without a tad of the punishment you or I would have received for doing the same thing..........

Do you use Vaseline when you honor your leaders or do you like it dry, tight and abrasive? (question is NOT posed to "ko" particularly) :unsure:

Good point. Seems like all people in this country care about is continuing to pay too much for health care. Rofl.

"Stupid Ameri-cans."