Another Obama flip-flop

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

During the campaign, Obama was asked about the allegations concerning CIA interrogation techniques. Obama said he didn't want to get involved in that, he wouldn't look back, he wanted to look forward. Now we read Eric Holder is appointing a special prosecuter to look into these allegations that took place five years ago.

VP Chaney has said these interrogations produced valuable info that prevented attacks and saved American lives.

Obama is caving in to the pressure from the Pelosicrats that still suffer from BDS and are obsessed with hurting Bush.

Forget the danger these investigations will put our CIA operatives in, that's not important to the loony left, it's embarassing Bush and Chaney that's important.

So this has what's become of our democratic congress, cheap-shots at previous administrations while we put our CIA agents in danger and compromise our national safety.

You leftists must be real proud.

During the campaign, Obama was asked about the allegations concerning CIA interrogation techniques. Obama said he didn't want to get involved in that, he wouldn't look back, he wanted to look forward. Now we read Eric Holder is appointing a special prosecuter to look into these allegations that took place five years ago.

VP Chaney has said these interrogations produced valuable info that prevented attacks and saved American lives.

Obama is caving in to the pressure from the Pelosicrats that still suffer from BDS and are obsessed with hurting Bush.

Forget the danger these investigations will put our CIA operatives in, that's not important to the loony left, it's embarassing Bush and Chaney that's important.

So this has what's become of our democratic congress, cheap-shots at previous administrations while we put our CIA agents in danger and compromise our national safety.

Very proud, thank you. Cheney is a liar and you are an idiot. I hope the throw Cheney in prison and torture him. Bush too. They lied us into war and the rest of what we now know about. The fact that you would rather turn a blind eye tells me all I need to know about the "Hate-riot"

One more thing,asshole. Appointing a specail prosecutor is the decision of the Attorney General. Don't blame Obama for flip-flopping when the system is actually working the way it should be.

One more thing,asshole. Appointing a specail prosecutor is the decision of the Attorney General. Don't blame Obama for flip-flopping when the system is actually working the way it should be.

Why is this profanity laden stuff allowed to continue. Why are things reviewed if the foul language passes muster. He does it all the time, and it never gets picked up. He may actually make points at times, I guess the bad words make him feel like a grown up. Dude, you're cool.

GET a clue! Scooter Fibby had NOTHING to do with a Democratic Congress and EVERYTHING to do with endangering a CIA agent. But YOU of course bury your head in your butt, you must enjoy the tingle your constant whining gives your innards :angry:

Why is this profanity laden stuff allowed to continue. Why are things reviewed if the foul language passes muster. He does it all the time, and it never gets picked up. He may actually make points at times, I guess the bad words make him feel like a grown up. Dude, you're cool.

I reserve my profanity for "Hate-riot" and 2smart4u. If you have ever read thier posts then you would know that what they say is far uglier than any "bad" words that I may use. Yes, it does make me feel better.

Guest 2smart4u

Oh yeah, I want the federal government to run health care. Sending stimulus checks to inmates in Attica, San Quentin and other prisons certainly convinces

me they have the competence to manage the health care of 300 million people.

Oh yeah, I want the federal government to run health care. Sending stimulus checks to inmates in Attica, San Quentin and other prisons certainly convinces

TOOBUS!!!!

But you would triple the budget of the U.S. military and the CIA and give them free reign to do as they please?

YOU BETCHA!!!!! :ph34r:

Aren't you the same person who was saying opinions aren't worth anything? Yet all you do is give your opinions.

You made up your mind Obama couldn't do anything right before he got elected. You would have said the same thing about any Democrat. You have no credibility.

Can you back that up? I didn't think so.

Hey "2smart" - your original post talks about Obama's supposed flip-flop on the CIA. Then when someone challenged you, you wrote something about health care. Talk about flip-flop and trying to change the subject......the heat is on pal......and, by the way, you're still an idiot.

Oh yeah, I want the federal government to run health care. Sending stimulus checks to inmates in Attica, San Quentin and other prisons certainly convinces me they have the competence to manage the health care of 300 million people.

You don't want the federal government running anything. You're an ideologue. Some checks went out by mistake. It happens in government and it happens in private industry. Any institution as large as the US federal government is going to make some mistakes. It happens under Republican administrations just as much as Democratic administrations, and in business as well as in government. At least Obama didn't cook a sweet deal for his VP's former company and throw away hundreds of billions of dollars on purpose.

Guest 2smart4u
TOOBUS!!!!

But you would triple the budget of the U.S. military and the CIA and give them free reign to do as they please?

YOU BETCHA!!!!! :ph34r:

No, not triple, but I'd make sure they everything they need. BTW, that pink shirt is a dead giveaway, sweety.

No, not triple, but I'd make sure they everything they need. BTW, that pink shirt is a dead giveaway, sweety.

TOOBUS!!

THEY NEEDS...............BONUSES!!!!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

As vets await checks, VA workers get $24M bonuses

By KIMBERLY HEFLING, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON – Outside the Veterans Affairs Department, severely wounded veterans have faced financial hardship waiting for their first disability payment. Inside, money has been flowing in the form of $24 million in bonuses.

In scathing reports this week, the VA's inspector general said thousands of technology office employees at the VA received the bonuses over a two-year period, some under questionable circumstances. It also detailed abuses ranging from nepotism to an inappropriate relationship between two VA employees.

The inspector general accused one recently retired VA official of acting "as if she was given a blank checkbook" as awards and bonuses were distributed to employees of the Office of Information and Technology in 2007 and 2008. In some cases the justification for the bonuses was inadequate or questionable, the IG said.

The official, Jennifer S. Duncan, also engaged in nepotism and got $60,000 in bonuses herself, the IG said. In addition, managers improperly authorized college tuition payments for VA employees, some of whom were Duncan's family members and friends. That cost taxpayers nearly $140,000.

Separately, a technology office employee became involved in an "inappropriate personal relationship" with a high-level VA official. The technology office employee flew 22 times from Florida to Washington, where the VA official lived. That travel cost $37,000.

The details on the alleged improprieties were in two IG reports issued this week. VA spokeswoman Katie Roberts said the agency was extremely concerned about the IG's findings and would pursue a thorough review.

"VA does not condone misconduct by its employees and will take the appropriate correction action for those who violate VA policy," Roberts said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

On Friday, Joe Davis, a spokesman for the Veterans of Foreign Wars, said if the allegations are found to be true, individuals involved should lose their jobs, and legal action should be taken.

"America's veterans served their nation honorably and with no expectations of reward," Davis said in an e-mail. "It should not be too much to ask for that same level of commitment from government employees, too."

And Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., the top Republican on the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee, said Congress should investigate.

The number of claims the VA needs to process has escalated, and the Information and Technology Office has a critical role in improving the technological infrastructure to handle the increase. President Barack Obama has said creating a seamless transition for records between the Pentagon and the VA could help eliminate a backlog that has left some veterans waiting months for a disability check.

Much of the IG's focus was on Duncan, the former executive assistant to the ex-assistant secretary for information and technology, Robert Howard.

In one situation, a part-time intern with connections to Duncan was allowed to convert to a full-time paid position even though the individual was working a part-time schedule 500 miles away at college, the IG said.

"We have never known of any other new VA employee provided such favorable treatment," the IG said.

The individual's name and relationship to Duncan was blacked out, as were many other names in the reports.

Investigators recommended that the employees who received the college money pay it back. The largest amount awarded was $33,000.

In addition to Duncan, three other high-level employees received $73,000, $58,000 and $59,000 in bonuses in 2007 and 2008, the IG said. In 2007 alone, 4,700 employees were awarded bonuses, on average $2,500 each.

Some employees were given cash awards for services that were supposedly provided before the employees started working at VA, the IG said.

A man who answered the phone at Duncan's residence in Rehoboth Beach, Del., said she was not available, and he said not to call back.

The IG also found that Katherine Adair Martinez, deputy assistant secretary for information protection and risk management in the Office of Information and Technology, misused her position, abused her authority and engaged in prohibited personnel practices when she influenced a VA contractor and later VA subordinates to employ a friend.

The IG also said Martinez "took advantage of an inappropriate personal relationship" with Howard to transfer her job to Florida. In the nine months after she moved, the IG said Martinez traveled to Washington 22 times "to accomplish tasks that she could easily do from Florida."

The relationship between Martinez and Howard started in April 2007 and continued several months after Howard left the VA in January of this year, the IG said.

Roberts' e-mail did not address a request from the AP to speak with Martinez. Howard could not be immediately located for comment.

Indiana Rep. Steve Buyer, top Republican on the House Veterans' Affairs Committee, urged quick action to fix the problems. "VA must appoint honorable individuals to these critical positions," he said.

The VA has faced criticism before in its awarding of bonuses. In 2007, the AP reported that the then-VA secretary had approved a generous package of more than $3.8 million in bonus payments in 2006, citing a need to retain longtime VA executives.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/modules.php?n...le&sid=8339

Yep - these things happen sometimes. But did you bother to read any of the articles or did you just look at the headlines? If you read them, you'd have noticed the following little tidbit of information:

"Prison inmates are generally ineligible for federal benefits. However, 2,200 of the inmates who received checks got to keep them because, under the law, they were eligible, said Mark Lassiter, a spokesman for the Social Security Administration. They were eligible because they weren't incarcerated in any one of the three months before the recovery package was enacted.

'The law specified that any beneficiary eligible for a Social Security benefit during one of those months was eligible for the recovery payment,' Lassiter said."

Oh and the rest of the checks never made it to the inmates' hands. They were returned, as they should have been, by the prisons.

But I guess there's no room for mistakes and redemption in your little world, is there?

Yep - these things happen sometimes. But did you bother to read any of the articles or did you just look at the headlines? If you read them, you'd have noticed the following little tidbit of information:

"Prison inmates are generally ineligible for federal benefits. However, 2,200 of the inmates who received checks got to keep them because, under the law, they were eligible, said Mark Lassiter, a spokesman for the Social Security Administration. They were eligible because they weren't incarcerated in any one of the three months before the recovery package was enacted.

'The law specified that any beneficiary eligible for a Social Security benefit during one of those months was eligible for the recovery payment,' Lassiter said."

Oh and the rest of the checks never made it to the inmates' hands. They were returned, as they should have been, by the prisons.

But I guess there's no room for mistakes and redemption in your little world, is there?

Nice spin !