kearny high laptops

allison

ROFL SURE DID AND GUESS WO THEY WERE. CLUE IS THE APPLES DO NOT FALL FARE FROM THE TREE WHATS WORSE IS THEY WERE BEING PAID TO WORK THERE FORTHE SUMMER ROFL

Rumor has it they were brothers who are going to be seniors and were lucky enough to be hired for the summer. They are supposedly both 18 - let's see if the BOE prosecutes or just shoves it under the rug!

Rumor has it they were brothers who are going to be seniors and were lucky enough to be hired for the summer. They are supposedly both 18 - let's see if the BOE prosecutes or just shoves it under the rug!

I'm sure there will be a prosecution for this offense, however what remains to be seen is HOW they will be judged. Will they be judged as students, which will certainly alter their future or as employees which will fall into the civil domain. In my humble opinion, this was a summer job so it should be treated as such and they should punished as employees.

I'm sure there will be a prosecution for this offense, however what remains to be seen is HOW they will be judged. Will they be judged as students, which will certainly alter their future or as employees which will fall into the civil domain. In my humble opinion, this was a summer job so it should be treated as such and they should punished as employees.

They chose to steal the lap tops from the school.Yes they were employees,but they are students also and 18 yrs old and knew what they were doing and what the consequences would be if they were caught.When someone commits a crime it usually does alter their lifes!!DO THE CRIME MUST PAY THE TIME!!!!!!sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JusticeForAll

"As employees which will fall into the civil domain?" How about, "as employees which will fall into the criminal and civil domain? It's going to be hard to attend KHS from a jail cell. Both are 18. This one's even better. How about they be judged as students and employees?

"Will they be judged as students which will certainly alter their future." Are you kidding???? If the accusations are proven true, then they and noone else altered their own futures.

This is very true, the individuals have no one to blame but themselves.

But let's give a hypothetical. If a kid is working as a lifeguard at a resort in North Jersey, and he steals wallets from the locker room. Should that kid also be expelled as a student from his high school?

What the kids did if proven guilty is wrong no doubt. But that brings up another matter, shouldn't they be proven guilty first?

In addition, why weren't these laptops in a secure location? I know the ones at Washington school are under lock and key, even the full time regular custodians do not have the key for that room. Why are student workers allowed access to a area with these laptops? Seems to me some other people should have been fired too, and the BOE is doing a lot of covering up just to save the egg on their face.

"As employees which will fall into the civil domain?" How about, "as employees which will fall into the criminal and civil domain? It's going to be hard to attend KHS from a jail cell. Both are 18. This one's even better. How about they be judged as students and employees?

"Will they be judged as students which will certainly alter their future." Are you kidding???? If the accusations are proven true, then they and noone else altered their own futures.

You say they are to be semiors, are they attending KHS now?

This is very true, the individuals have no one to blame but themselves.

But let's give a hypothetical. If a kid is working as a lifeguard at a resort in North Jersey, and he steals wallets from the locker room. Should that kid also be expelled as a student from his high school?

What the kids did if proven guilty is wrong no doubt. But that brings up another matter, shouldn't they be proven guilty first?

In addition, why weren't these laptops in a secure location? I know the ones at Washington school are under lock and key, even the full time regular custodians do not have the key for that room. Why are student workers allowed access to a area with these laptops? Seems to me some other people should have been fired too, and the BOE is doing a lot of covering up just to save the egg on their face.

Now you're not going to try and blame this one are the school system are you?