Good Freakin' Grief

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

Fox News announced today the federal deficit has hit I.3 TRILLION. That's 3 TIMES what it was last year at this time. And it's growing by the day, tomorrow

it will be higher.

And what's this democratic congress doing about it? Why, they're spending money at an all-time rate, dispite canceling Queen Pelosi's new Gulfstream.

I saw a bumper sticker today, it read, "Don't blame this mess on me, I voted for McCain/Palin". I wonder wher I can get one of them.

Fox News announced today the federal deficit has hit I.3 TRILLION. That's 3 TIMES what it was last year at this time. And it's growing by the day, tomorrow

it will be higher.

And what's this democratic congress doing about it? Why, they're spending money at an all-time rate, dispite canceling Queen Pelosi's new Gulfstream.

I saw a bumper sticker today, it read, "Don't blame this mess on me, I voted for McCain/Palin". I wonder wher I can get one of them.

Really? Most all of this mess came from the previous administration whether you want to admit that or not. I guess we could have just let the entire economy collapse but then I guess you would be bitchin' about that as well. Tell specifically just how McCain and "Palin" would have fixed everything within the first six months?

it will be higher.

Whether those numbers are accurate or not, if we weren't running that deficit, the economy would have collapsed. Instead of 10% unemployment, we would have 25% or more. Instead of a rising stock market, which is into the 9,300s, we would be mired in the 6,000s. Instead of the real estate market appearing to bottom out, we would have tens or hundreds of thousands of people out of their homes and an equal number of empty houses. Fed officials said yesterday that they are optimistic the recession may be over. We need a few consecutive quarters of growth before they can be sure, but all the signs say that a catastrophe was averted and the crisis appears to be ending. I am amazed that the economy is as healthy as it is. Obama and the Democrats deserve the credit for that.

The way we're going to pay off that deficit is that the companies who got the bailout money are going to continue to pay back their loans; we are going to reform health care so that we stop spending more than $100 billion a year subsidizing the health insurance companies unnecessarily; we are going to restore our infrastructure; we are going to create new energy technologies here in the United States, thereby employing more people, and eventually this will allow us to stop shipping our money overseas to buy oil; and people like me who make substantial incomes are going to pay more in taxes because we owe it back to the country that gave us so much.

You can't think of these things like a little kid who understands only the present moment. You have to think like an adult who can understand what it means to make plans and then carry them out.

Don't you blame this mess on me. I didn't vote for Bush. He and his Republican colleagues caused this problem, and the people just voted them out because of it. That is the verdict of the American people, at least for now. You're going to have to live with it for a while.

Whether those numbers are accurate or not, if we weren't running that deficit, the economy would have collapsed. Instead of 10% unemployment, we would have 25% or more. Instead of a rising stock market, which is into the 9,300s, we would be mired in the 6,000s. Instead of the real estate market appearing to bottom out, we would have tens or hundreds of thousands of people out of their homes and an equal number of empty houses. Fed officials said yesterday that they are optimistic the recession may be over. We need a few consecutive quarters of growth before they can be sure, but all the signs say that a catastrophe was averted and the crisis appears to be ending. I am amazed that the economy is as healthy as it is. Obama and the Democrats deserve the credit for that.

The way we're going to pay off that deficit is that the companies who got the bailout money are going to continue to pay back their loans; we are going to reform health care so that we stop spending more than $100 billion a year subsidizing the health insurance companies unnecessarily; we are going to restore our infrastructure; we are going to create new energy technologies here in the United States, thereby employing more people, and eventually this will allow us to stop shipping our money overseas to buy oil; and people like me who make substantial incomes are going to pay more in taxes because we owe it back to the country that gave us so much.

You can't think of these things like a little kid who understands only the present moment. You have to think like an adult who can understand what it means to make plans and then carry them out.

Don't you blame this mess on me. I didn't vote for Bush. He and his Republican colleagues caused this problem, and the people just voted them out because of it. That is the verdict of the American people, at least for now. You're going to have to live with it for a while.

Hey 2smart4u like to comment on this lol.

Guest 2smart4u

That's a rosy forecast on your crystal ball, must have been a gift from the DNC

2stupid4words: "My doctor is a loon. I'm going to sue him!"

Person With a Brain (PWB): "For what?"

2stupid4words: "He left a big scar on my chest!"

PWB: "How?"

2stupid4words: "He did surgery."

PWB: "What kind of surgery?"

2stupid4words: "Heart surgery."

PWB: "Did he tell you the name of the surgery?"

2stupid4words: "Quadruple coronary bypass."

PWB: "Did he tell you wny you needed the surgery?"

2stupid4words: "He said my arteries got clogged from years of bad eating habits."

PWB: "So in other words, your doctor just saved your life after you nearly killed yourself, and now you want to sue him because the surgery left a scar."

2stupid4words: "Loony leftie!"