Republican stupidity or lies?

Guest *Autonomous*

Guest *Autonomous*

Investor's Business Daily recently ran an editorial slamming Obama's healthcare plan. Here's the best part of a recent editorial:

"People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn’t have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless."

Of course, Stephen Hawking was in fact born in the UK and has lived there his entire 67 year life. In response to the slam on the NHS he said, "I wouldn’t be here today if it were not for the NHS. I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived."

In embarrassment the mgazine has corrected the editorial, which begs the question-did they truly not know that possibly the most famous living physicist was from the UK or were they lying to make an idiotic point? Either way, I'd call it typical far-right behaviour.

Guest 2smart4u
Investor's Business Daily recently ran an editorial slamming Obama's healthcare plan. Here's the best part of a recent editorial:

"People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn’t have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless."

Of course, Stephen Hawking was in fact born in the UK and has lived there his entire 67 year life. In response to the slam on the NHS he said, "I wouldn’t be here today if it were not for the NHS. I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived."

In embarrassment the mgazine has corrected the editorial, which begs the question-did they truly not know that possibly the most famous living physicist was from the UK or were they lying to make an idiotic point? Either way, I'd call it typical far-right behaviour.

And OF COURSE he doesn't get preferential care because he's famous. No, of course not. The question here is which is greater, your stupidity or your

naivete. I think it's a tie.

You're absolutely right but you're posing a false choice. They're stupid and they are liars.

Guest *Autonomous*
And OF COURSE he doesn't get preferential care because he's famous. No, of course not. The question here is which is greater, your stupidity or your

You do realize that his disease manifested years before he was famous, right? I don't think my stupidity is the going concern here.

Hawking's illness struck while he was still a college student, years before any sort of fame. Seriously-research is your friend.

And another comment from too stupid to live.

You should know that Hawking's Lou Gehrig's disease manifested before he became famous, when he was an undistinguished student when he was well treated without cost to him and his family.

But then you, the boards Buffoon, are not known for one who lets facts get in the way of your parochial beliefs and prejudices.

Can you get any stupider than this?

Guest 2smart4u
And another comment from too stupid to live.

You should know that Hawking's Lou Gehrig's disease manifested before he became famous, when he was an undistinguished student when he was well treated without cost to him and his family.

But then you, the boards Buffoon, are not known for one who lets facts get in the way of your parochial beliefs and prejudices.

Can you get any stupider than this?

Yes, everyone knows he's had the disease since his student years. I'm referring to the care he's received over the years due to his celebrity status.

Good try at spinning it, though.

Guest *Autonomous*
Yes, everyone knows he's had the disease since his student years. I'm referring to the care he's received over the years due to his celebrity status.

Good try at spinning it, though.

The original quote was that he never would have survived. He gained years of top-notch care before gaining celebrity status, as he himself stated. The only person spinning is you-you are trying to portray him as getting treated above the level of the average non-genius with absolutely no evidence. You stated "And OF COURSE he doesn't get preferential care because he's famous. No, of course not. The question here is which is greater, your stupidity or your naivete. I think it's a tie." Your words. No spin at all-tell us in what way his treatment has been special. Anything at all.

(I predict a post by Patriot-2dim runs away like a little girl when defeated)

Guest 2smart4u
The original quote was that he never would have survived. He gained years of top-notch care before gaining celebrity status, as he himself stated. The only person spinning is you-you are trying to portray him as getting treated above the level of the average non-genius with absolutely no evidence. You stated "And OF COURSE he doesn't get preferential care because he's famous. No, of course not. The question here is which is greater, your stupidity or your naivete. I think it's a tie." Your words. No spin at all-tell us in what way his treatment has been special. Anything at all.

If Stephen Hawking lived in an ObamaCare U.S. his care would have been determined by a "Death Panel". They would have looked at his condition, determined he had no real future to look forward to and pulled the plug on him, giving him pain medication until he died.

I would think Autonomous would be afraid of ObamaCare, certainly a Death Panel would pull his plug.

To understand PatRat, a/k/a 2stupid4words, you have to understand that he never checks his facts - any facts. All he's looking for is plausibility. So he makes things up constantly, hoping no one can prove them false, and when they are proved false he just goes on to something else. PatRat, a/k/a 2stupid4words is not a moral person.

Guest *Autonomous*
If Stephen Hawking lived in an ObamaCare U.S. his care would have been determined by a "Death Panel". They would have looked at his condition, determined he had no real future to look forward to and pulled the plug on him, giving him pain medication until he died.

I would think Autonomous would be afraid of ObamaCare, certainly a Death Panel would pull his plug.

The supposed DEATH PANELS!!!! (look-even scarier that way) are a lie. Bring some facts next time, chump. The fact is that we already have death panels made up of faceless insurance adjusters who try to find any way not to pay for someone's care. Pretty much anyone who knows anyone who has ever had a serious illness and had to be hospitalized knows this. Amazing that you don't-unless you go with my theory that you're just a pimply troll on mommy's computer. Get a date, loser.

Guest *Autonomous*

Btw I feel a need to point out the original quote that this post referenced in order to point out 2dim's constantly shifting goalposts:

Guest 2smart4u
The supposed DEATH PANELS!!!! (look-even scarier that way) are a lie. Bring some facts next time, chump. The fact is that we already have death panels made up of faceless insurance adjusters who try to find any way not to pay for someone's care. Pretty much anyone who knows anyone who has ever had a serious illness and had to be hospitalized knows this. Amazing that you don't-unless you go with my theory that you're just a pimply troll on mommy's computer. Get a date, loser.

Not to worry, grease monkey. Obama's retreated from his single-payer, public option version of ObamaCare. The senior citizens and house wives at the Town Hall meetings frightened the community organizer so much he caved.

Nitwits like you make a good case for establishing these currently NON-EXISTENT "death panels"

Those with the brain power of a sea sponge like yourself might not make the 'living human being' cut. :P

Not to worry, grease monkey. Obama's retreated from his single-payer, public option version of ObamaCare. The senior citizens and house wives at the Town Hall meetings frightened the community organizer so much he caved.

Hmmm, maybe it was all of the assholes who felt the need to bring loaded weapons to town hall meetings. What the F**K is up with that shit?

Guest 2smart4u
Hmmm, maybe it was all of the assholes who felt the need to bring loaded weapons to town hall meetings. What the F**K is up with that shit?

Sounds like something you read on huffington. Right under the article on alien abductions.

Guest *Autonomous*

Except that you're lying like usual:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090818/ap_on_...h_care_overhaul

Nice to see that you're joining your alter-ego in trying to use my non-existant motor pool service as an insult. Way to support our brave servicemen and woman you unpatriotic trash.

Guest 2smart4u
Except that you're lying like usual:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090818/ap_on_...h_care_overhaul

Nice to see that you're joining your alter-ego in trying to use my non-existant motor pool service as an insult. Way to support our brave servicemen and woman you unpatriotic trash.

It's hilarious that you offer Obama's Press Secretary as proof of anything. No one (except you apparently) can be so naive as to think he's anything more than a spin doctor that puts a happy face on everything. I'm beginning to understand your motor pool work history.

Guest *Autonomous*
It's hilarious that you offer Obama's Press Secretary as proof of anything. No one (except you apparently) can be so naive as to think he's anything more than a spin doctor that puts a happy face on everything. I'm beginning to understand your motor pool work history.

Why exactly should our brave soldiers be ashamed of their service? Why exactly do you think I was part of the motor pool?

Good question.

He doesn't. He's just pushing your buttons.

This is really dumb someone died in our town and you guys are talk about stupid politics. This site is really getting out of touch with the town.