Why not to vote for Corzine !

Guest Eagle

Guest Eagle

Why not to vote for Corzine.

He and his AG Ann Milgram have just discovered that there is corruption in New Jersey. Most of these corrupt people were his friends and supporters.

He demanded that those involved resign. Some did and some did not. So much for his power as Democratic Leader.

If he had reacted by demanding that his AG Ann Milgram get off her butt and clean up the rest of the political garbage in His State. I and many more like me would support him and vote for him.

Just what is the AG's office doing. Please don't say they just busted a human slavery ring. That was allowed to exist for 19 years. Jersey pimp allowed to function without any police action.

VOTE FOR Chris Christie !

Eagle

Guest Guest

He and his AG Ann Milgram have just discovered that there is corruption in New Jersey. Most of these corrupt people were his friends and supporters.

He demanded that those involved resign. Some did and some did not. So much for his power as Democratic Leader.

If he had reacted by demanding that his AG Ann Milgram get off her butt and clean up the rest of the political garbage in His State. I and many more like me would support him and vote for him.

Just what is the AG's office doing. Please don't say they just busted a human slavery ring. That was allowed to exist for 19 years. Jersey pimp allowed to function without any police action.

Eagle

Amen, brother. Everyone I know is voting for Christie. Enough of the "garbage in, garbage out" dems. NJ needs a major clean-up and Christie will do it.

Guest Guest

Eagle

This guy has taxed everything I earn, spend, or use, and still says there is pain in the budget.

Just look at our new high school for example. It cost more than three times the original estimates. Look at the grand stands. The state built them, and less than two years claims they are unsafe, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix them. Fix a grandstand?

They have so much money this year they kept the lunch room for any kid that wanted a free lunch and paid each kid more than four hundred dollars for attending the summer program.

Then they claimed they spend billions on education. At this rate what's next pay the kids five hundred to attend school. We will never have enough money. We need to spend our taxpayers' dollars more efficiently, TMO

"We need to spend our taxpayers' dollars more efficiently"

Politicians are incapable of spending other people's money efficiently. The only person that can spend your money in a way that you deem efficient is you. We shouldn't be asking wether our taxes are being properly used, we should be asking wether we should be taxed at all.

Christie , admits he failed to report a loan. :P

GOP gubernatorial hopeful Chris Christie, ahead in the polls for months while riding a platform of ethical rectitude and law and order, spent most of yesterday justifying possible legal violations involving a loan to a former associate from his days as U.S. attorney.

The Republican admitted he left the $46,000 loan off his tax returns and federal and state disclosure reports, but said these were hardly major issues in the race for the Statehouse.

"It was an oversight," said Christie. "My mistake."

Christie said he was amending his returns and his disclosure reports. Failure to properly report income and assets on federal disclosure reports could lead to civil or criminal penalties, according to U.S. regulations.

"I never thought of it as an asset," Christie said of the loan. "I saw it as money we loaned to friends who were in financial trouble and they were paying us back."

But Gov. Jon Corzine, speaking to reporters after a bill signing in Newark, said the episode raises questions about Christie's conduct. "Some of them may be legal, some of them may be appearance," the governor said.

The controversy focuses on a loan Christie and his wife gave in October 2007 to Michele Brown, a senior prosecutor and counsel who worked for him when he was U.S. attorney. The loan, a second mortgage on Brown's house -- located not far from Christie's own home in Mendham -- was a 10-year note at an interest rate of 5.5 percent, with monthly payments to Christie of $499.22.

Christie said he and Brown met in 2002 at the U.S. Attorney's Office. He said employees in the office were close, and when her husband, Michael, lost his job, everyone in the office knew it.

"I offered after she explained the problems they were having," Christie said.

He promoted Brown twice -- once before the loan was made and once subsequent to it. She remains with the office as acting first assistant U.S. attorney and declined comment through a spokesman.

While the mortgage with Brown was recorded with the Morris County clerk's office, Christie never reported it on the financial disclosure report he was required to file as U.S. attorney, nor did he include it on his state filing as a candidate.

His personal tax returns for that year, which had been provided by the candidate to The Star-Ledger months ago, also did not reflect any interest income from the loan as required. And in a lengthy interview last winter, Christie spoke in detail about his finances and assets, but had omitted any reference to the Brown loan. The mortgage first came to light on Monday.

At a campaign event in Cherry Hill yesterday afternoon, Christie said he had already signed and filed an amended disclosure form with the state Election Law Enforcement Commission and also has been in touch with the U.S. Department of Justice. He said he was informed that he is permitted to amend his federal disclosures for 2007 and 2008, which he is planning to do electronically.

His accountant will also file an amended 2007 tax return by the end of the week for $420 in income that he collected from the loan that year. His 2008 tax return has not yet been filed, but last year he said he earned approximately $2,400 from interest on the loan. That return will be filed by October, he said.

In a separate development yesterday, top Justice Department officials told the Associated Press that Christie's successor, acting U.S. Attorney Ralph G. Marra Jr., was facing an internal ethics investigation over public comments last month that may have helped Christie's campaign for governor in connection with the sweeping corruption charges that targeted three mayors, two state legislators and five rabbis.

Justice Department spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler declined to comment or even confirm the existence of the probe.

Greg Reinert, a spokesman for Marra's office, said they were unaware of such an investigation.

The AP quoted Justice Department sources as saying the statement in question was made the day Marra announced the arrests.

"There are easily reforms that could be made within this state that would make our job easier, or even take some of the load off our job," Marra said. "There are too many people that profit off the system the way it is and so they have no incentive to change it. The few people that want to change it seem to get shouted down. So how long that cycle's going to continue I just don't know."

Justice Department guidelines say a prosecutor "shall refrain from making extrajudicial comments that pose a serious and imminent threat of heightening public condemnation of the accused."

The events of yesterday gave Democrats new ammunition against a candidate that has been bulldozing them in the polls, and they said it raised questions about Christie's bona fides as a corruption fighter.

Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-8th Dist.) urged federal authorities to investigate Christie's failure to report income from the loan on his taxes.

"A prosecutor at his level should know that once he gave that loan, no matter how well-intended it was, it changed the relationship between Mr. Christie and Ms. Brown," Pascrell said.

On his own campaign website, Christie has argued that public officials disclose a far more detailed picture about their financial interests, calling the current requirements of the campaign disclosure statements inadequate.

Christie said his failures to disclose the loan did nothing to tarnish his reputation as a corruption buster.

"My record is what it is and this isn't about corruption," he said. "I think it doesn't change for a lick the record that we created in the U.S. Attorney's Office. That record is one that I'm still extraordinarily proud of and one that I think stands the test of scrutiny by anybody."

Christie said the situation does not compare to tax evasion cases that he prosecuted.

"We only prosecute people who intentionally don't pay their taxes, who scheme to defraud the federal government. As I said, this was an oversight on our part."

The loan disclosures, in some ways, echo revelations four years ago that Corzine, while a candidate for governor in 2005, gave union leader Carla Katz, his former girlfriend, a $470,000 mortgage on her home; a loan he later forgave. That case was different, however, because Corzine had properly reported the loan and said he paid the required federal gift tax after forgiving it.

Corzine yesterday said there were also other differences.

"First of all, Ms. Katz didn't work for me. We had a romantic relationship at that time," he said.

Corzine said he is more concerned about Christie's recently disclosed conversations with Bush strategist Karl Rove, with whom he had discussed running for governor.

"I think a much more serious question is the, at best, the appearance of politics entering into the U.S. Attorney's Office, and potentially a violation of the Hatch Act," Corzine said, referencing a law preventing federal employees from using their offices for partisan purposes.

Repeatedly yesterday, Christie said he has no plans to terminate the loan arrangement with Brown now. Her next payment is due around Sept. 1.

"Candidly, I don't understand the hubbub. I admitted today that I made a mistake," he said. "Everybody makes mistakes but you have to be held accountable for your mistakes. I've stood up today and said "I made a mistake' and I fixed it."

Staff writers Trish G. Graber, Chris Megerian and Joe Ryan contributed to this report.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

©2009 Star Ledger

© 2009 NJ.com All Rights Reserved.

Christie , admits he failed to report a loan. :ph34r:

GOP gubernatorial hopeful Chris Christie, ahead in the polls for months while riding a platform of ethical rectitude and law and order, spent most of yesterday justifying possible legal violations involving a loan to a former associate from his days as U.S. attorney.

The Republican admitted he left the $46,000 loan off his tax returns and federal and state disclosure reports, but said these were hardly major issues in the race for the Statehouse.

"It was an oversight," said Christie. "My mistake."

Christie said he was amending his returns and his disclosure reports. Failure to properly report income and assets on federal disclosure reports could lead to civil or criminal penalties, according to U.S. regulations.

"I never thought of it as an asset," Christie said of the loan. "I saw it as money we loaned to friends who were in financial trouble and they were paying us back."

But Gov. Jon Corzine, speaking to reporters after a bill signing in Newark, said the episode raises questions about Christie's conduct. "Some of them may be legal, some of them may be appearance," the governor said.

The controversy focuses on a loan Christie and his wife gave in October 2007 to Michele Brown, a senior prosecutor and counsel who worked for him when he was U.S. attorney. The loan, a second mortgage on Brown's house -- located not far from Christie's own home in Mendham -- was a 10-year note at an interest rate of 5.5 percent, with monthly payments to Christie of $499.22.

Christie said he and Brown met in 2002 at the U.S. Attorney's Office. He said employees in the office were close, and when her husband, Michael, lost his job, everyone in the office knew it.

"I offered after she explained the problems they were having," Christie said.

He promoted Brown twice -- once before the loan was made and once subsequent to it. She remains with the office as acting first assistant U.S. attorney and declined comment through a spokesman.

While the mortgage with Brown was recorded with the Morris County clerk's office, Christie never reported it on the financial disclosure report he was required to file as U.S. attorney, nor did he include it on his state filing as a candidate.

His personal tax returns for that year, which had been provided by the candidate to The Star-Ledger months ago, also did not reflect any interest income from the loan as required. And in a lengthy interview last winter, Christie spoke in detail about his finances and assets, but had omitted any reference to the Brown loan. The mortgage first came to light on Monday.

At a campaign event in Cherry Hill yesterday afternoon, Christie said he had already signed and filed an amended disclosure form with the state Election Law Enforcement Commission and also has been in touch with the U.S. Department of Justice. He said he was informed that he is permitted to amend his federal disclosures for 2007 and 2008, which he is planning to do electronically.

His accountant will also file an amended 2007 tax return by the end of the week for $420 in income that he collected from the loan that year. His 2008 tax return has not yet been filed, but last year he said he earned approximately $2,400 from interest on the loan. That return will be filed by October, he said.

In a separate development yesterday, top Justice Department officials told the Associated Press that Christie's successor, acting U.S. Attorney Ralph G. Marra Jr., was facing an internal ethics investigation over public comments last month that may have helped Christie's campaign for governor in connection with the sweeping corruption charges that targeted three mayors, two state legislators and five rabbis.

Justice Department spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler declined to comment or even confirm the existence of the probe.

Greg Reinert, a spokesman for Marra's office, said they were unaware of such an investigation.

The AP quoted Justice Department sources as saying the statement in question was made the day Marra announced the arrests.

"There are easily reforms that could be made within this state that would make our job easier, or even take some of the load off our job," Marra said. "There are too many people that profit off the system the way it is and so they have no incentive to change it. The few people that want to change it seem to get shouted down. So how long that cycle's going to continue I just don't know."

Justice Department guidelines say a prosecutor "shall refrain from making extrajudicial comments that pose a serious and imminent threat of heightening public condemnation of the accused."

The events of yesterday gave Democrats new ammunition against a candidate that has been bulldozing them in the polls, and they said it raised questions about Christie's bona fides as a corruption fighter.

Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-8th Dist.) urged federal authorities to investigate Christie's failure to report income from the loan on his taxes.

"A prosecutor at his level should know that once he gave that loan, no matter how well-intended it was, it changed the relationship between Mr. Christie and Ms. Brown," Pascrell said.

On his own campaign website, Christie has argued that public officials disclose a far more detailed picture about their financial interests, calling the current requirements of the campaign disclosure statements inadequate.

Christie said his failures to disclose the loan did nothing to tarnish his reputation as a corruption buster.

"My record is what it is and this isn't about corruption," he said. "I think it doesn't change for a lick the record that we created in the U.S. Attorney's Office. That record is one that I'm still extraordinarily proud of and one that I think stands the test of scrutiny by anybody."

Christie said the situation does not compare to tax evasion cases that he prosecuted.

"We only prosecute people who intentionally don't pay their taxes, who scheme to defraud the federal government. As I said, this was an oversight on our part."

The loan disclosures, in some ways, echo revelations four years ago that Corzine, while a candidate for governor in 2005, gave union leader Carla Katz, his former girlfriend, a $470,000 mortgage on her home; a loan he later forgave. That case was different, however, because Corzine had properly reported the loan and said he paid the required federal gift tax after forgiving it.

Corzine yesterday said there were also other differences.

"First of all, Ms. Katz didn't work for me. We had a romantic relationship at that time," he said.

Corzine said he is more concerned about Christie's recently disclosed conversations with Bush strategist Karl Rove, with whom he had discussed running for governor.

"I think a much more serious question is the, at best, the appearance of politics entering into the U.S. Attorney's Office, and potentially a violation of the Hatch Act," Corzine said, referencing a law preventing federal employees from using their offices for partisan purposes.

Repeatedly yesterday, Christie said he has no plans to terminate the loan arrangement with Brown now. Her next payment is due around Sept. 1.

"Candidly, I don't understand the hubbub. I admitted today that I made a mistake," he said. "Everybody makes mistakes but you have to be held accountable for your mistakes. I've stood up today and said "I made a mistake' and I fixed it."

Staff writers Trish G. Graber, Chris Megerian and Joe Ryan contributed to this report.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

©2009 Star Ledger

© 2009 NJ.com All Rights Reserved.

If we are going to look at payment of taxes as a minus lets look at the seven Obama cabinet level appointees who also had tax problems. They include notables such as the present Treasurer of the United States. Dem rep Charles Rangel, "Holyer than Thou Rep Conyers' wife, past speaker of the house Tom Dashel, and so on. These guys were all talking serious money, Christies mistake for last year was $225. Let's get real and take this for what it is, a smear by the Corzine campaign, led by NJN News of all people.

While five people were shot in Newark, and a jeweler was killed in Kearny, they gave the Christie story twenty minutes coverage out of a twenty five minute news program. Did Christie talk about cutting funding to the Public Broad Casting station?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hesapizza tester
CHRISTIE'S 450LBS + LOOKS REAL efficient!!!! THE SLOB....

he sure fills up the new flat screen tv with the size of his waistline . :wub:

i'd like to know what hat size he is ... does he need extenders on the plastic snaps

he sure fills up the new flat screen tv with the size of his waistline . :wub:

i'd like to know what hat size he is ... does he need extenders on the plastic snaps

He does look large, but at least he looks neat and clean, that's more than I can say about the guy with the beard.