Drug testing

Guest Horatio

Guest Horatio

I put in a post about the Fireman being drug tested but I guess it went in the PC garbage can. Print this one please. DRUG TEST THE FIREMEN RANDOMLY and get rid of the high society. My opinion, of course.

Guest Guest
I put in a post about the Fireman being drug tested but I guess it went in the PC garbage can. Print this one please. DRUG TEST THE FIREMEN RANDOMLY and get rid of the high society. My opinion, of course.

By that statement, I'm assuming you think the fireman will fail a drug test. I know some of them, highly doubtful.

Guest Guest
By that statement, I'm assuming you think the fireman will fail a drug test. I know some of them, highly doubtful.

They're no different than the general population, what they do isn't what they are, especially if you're talking recreational weed use.

Guest *taxpayer*

There is a new drug policy that will soon be implmented. Anyone employed by the town will be subject to drug testing, from the Business Admin. down. It use to be only CDL drivers were tested. If you have concerns that someone is using non perscription drugs it should be brought to the attention of the supervisor, and or the Business Administrator who has a zero tolerance for drug use in the workplace.

Guest guest

Randomly drug test the firemen. It is a method of deterrence because you don't know when it's coming, although in my opinion they will be tipped-off. They should use hair follicle testing because it is more accurate and reflects a longer time period. Put these methods in place and let the chips fall where they may.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Charles Rowan
There is a new drug policy that will soon be implmented. Anyone employed by the town will be subject to drug testing, from the Business Admin. down. It use to be only CDL drivers were tested. If you have concerns that someone is using non perscription drugs it should be brought to the attention of the supervisor, and or the Business Administrator who has a zero tolerance for drug use in the workplace.

Drug testing in nothing new. As a retired firefighter I was sent to the hospital after getting a migraine while on duty. I was told that I was given a narcatic pain medication; then I was taken to a lab for a blood and a urine tests. This happened in 1985 or 1986 before any guidelines. The results was caffine; only from my morning cup of tea.

Retired Firefighter,

Charles Rowan

There has already been an Attorney Genral's Guideline as well as a Prosecutor's office policy in effect covering the PD on this for a number of years.

Yes, they test the Police Dept. only! Why not randomly test the fire department also. Did the Kearny Fire Department union demand $5,000.00 extra per man stipend for drug test stress and have the town cower from the issue like Harrison. In my opinion, cover it up baby. Have a coked-up clubhouse member slam into a car full of people and kill them then be reactive. Way to go.