Tree Service

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Do the workers at Harrison/Kearny Tree Service have any experience as an arborist? Just because a tree loses a branch in a storm, doesn't mean the WHOLE tree needs to come down. If the tree is diseased, that's one thing, but to take down an entire tree because of one fallen branch seems a bit extreme (especially when the tree is showing no signs of disease). Is an arborist consulted on the condition of a tree before it is chopped down? It appears the only thing these guys know is how to use a chainsaw. Does anyone know what experience or training they have?

Guest Guest
Do the workers at Harrison/Kearny Tree Service have any experience as an arborist? Just because a tree loses a branch in a storm, doesn't mean the WHOLE tree needs to come down. If the tree is diseased, that's one thing, but to take down an entire tree because of one fallen branch seems a bit extreme (especially when the tree is showing no signs of disease). Is an arborist consulted on the condition of a tree before it is chopped down? It appears the only thing these guys know is how to use a chainsaw. Does anyone know what experience or training they have?

Have you seen the work they do with that chainsaw? Be thankful they take the tree down, anything else would be worse - watching it die a slow death from disease and rot thanks to the hack job left behind.

Are you kidding? An arborist? One could only dream. Send at least one to school for anything that might resemble an education in dendrology. We think alike but I doubt anyone there will listen. It's tough to understand polysyllabic words when you grunt your way through most of the day.

Hug a tree today people - they need it.

Guest Guest
Have you seen the work they do with that chainsaw? Be thankful they take the tree down, anything else would be worse - watching it die a slow death from disease and rot thanks to the hack job left behind.

Are you kidding? An arborist? One could only dream. Send at least one to school for anything that might resemble an education in dendrology. We think alike but I doubt anyone there will listen. It's tough to understand polysyllabic words when you grunt your way through most of the day.

Hug a tree today people - they need it.

--------------

I talked to one of those guys recently and he said that when they work in Kearny they trim the trees, when they come to Harrison they just cut them down. I asked if the tree they were removing was diseased and he said no. He seemed kind of sickened by the whole thing.

Guest Guest
--------------

I talked to one of those guys recently and he said that when they work in Kearny they trim the trees, when they come to Harrison they just cut them down. I asked if the tree they were removing was diseased and he said no. He seemed kind of sickened by the whole thing.

Where was the tree that you asked about?

How can we change the policy of cutting down trees in Harrison if they only trim trees in Kearny.

Guest tree victim

oh where to begin with this one :angry:

Whoever came to remove the car wrecking tree branches from my car the other night - will know who I am.

Anyone who passes by my wrecked car - knows who I am.

So be it.

Yes my car fell victim to falling branches last weekend.

Yes I HAVE VIDEO of them chainsawing the limbs from our cars.

Yes it was atrocious to stand by and watch them 'work'.

At one point they even let the heavy branch/limb lean against a side mirror!!!

They needed to carry it in pairs cause it was too heavy - but let's leave it pushing onto the mirror!!!

I am truly AMAZED.

And then I am amazed that I am so shocked.

What I am most intrigued by is that my neighbor made requests to the town to have this very tree trimmed as he saw it to be a hazard. The sidewalk is becoming uneven. It reaches across the street.

Town reply: Sure! But it will cost YOU $500 :excl:

Neighbor's reply: Sure it's in front of my house. BUT it's on TOWN PROPERTY - you know the portion the town paid to redo?

A couple days after the ACT OF GOD :angry: the town showed up to trim the ROTTING stumps from the tree.

Little late don't you think.

My neighbor requested AGAIN to get the tree resized.

He has been added to a waiting list... my guess is that waiting list will get longer as ppl do not want to pay for town maintenance.

IF I COULD FILE ACTION AGAINST THE TOWN FOR MY REPAIRS I WOULD.

IF YOU CAN HELP - PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Guest Guest
oh where to begin with this one :angry:

Whoever came to remove the car wrecking tree branches from my car the other night - will know who I am.

Anyone who passes by my wrecked car - knows who I am.

So be it.

Yes my car fell victim to falling branches last weekend.

Yes I HAVE VIDEO of them chainsawing the limbs from our cars.

Yes it was atrocious to stand by and watch them 'work'.

At one point they even let the heavy branch/limb lean against a side mirror!!!

They needed to carry it in pairs cause it was too heavy - but let's leave it pushing onto the mirror!!!

I am truly AMAZED.

And then I am amazed that I am so shocked.

What I am most intrigued by is that my neighbor made requests to the town to have this very tree trimmed as he saw it to be a hazard. The sidewalk is becoming uneven. It reaches across the street.

Town reply: Sure! But it will cost YOU $500 :excl:

Neighbor's reply: Sure it's in front of my house. BUT it's on TOWN PROPERTY - you know the portion the town paid to redo?

A couple days after the ACT OF GOD :rolleyes: the town showed up to trim the ROTTING stumps from the tree.

Little late don't you think.

My neighbor requested AGAIN to get the tree resized.

He has been added to a waiting list... my guess is that waiting list will get longer as ppl do not want to pay for town maintenance.

IF I COULD FILE ACTION AGAINST THE TOWN FOR MY REPAIRS I WOULD.

IF YOU CAN HELP - PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I think it should be a law that if a tree is cut down , a new one has to be put there , it is time to start being responsible for what We are doing to Mother Earth, Trees clean the air We breath as well, and Who the hell wants to hear the leaves are clogging My gutters or it is a pain in the neck to clean the sidewalk in the fall....We are paying for the neglect of this earth now and our Kids and Grandkids are even going to have it tougher than We have it now......They not to long ago cut down a healthy tree on My block because the people complained about it clogging their gutters on the house, well when You do not have them cleaned every so often they will get clogged , so I guess it is easier to cut down the tree....WHAT A SHAME.....PUT BACK SOME TREES...

• 1 month later...

They have no experience or training, The truck is owned by Harrison, And The crew is Kearny DPW/ Shade Tree, it is all Poltical.

Guest Guest??????
They have no experience or training, The truck is owned by Harrison, And The crew is Kearny DPW/ Shade Tree, it is all Poltical.

STOP CUTTING DOWN THE TREES< IF YOU CUT ONE DOWN REPLACE IT.....GO DOWN CENTRAL AVE> IN EAST NEWARK AND SEE HOW NICE IT LOOKS LINED WITH TREES AN AMERICAN FLAGS....DOESN'T ANY CARE WHAT WE ARE DOING TO THIS EARTH ...WHAT ABOUT OUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS AND GREAT GRANDKIDS....WE ARE DESTROYING THIS EARTH.......HARRISON IS ALSO A DIRTY TOWN....WHAT A SHAME......