OBSERVER IS A JOKE!

Guest LIVID

Guest LIVID

I was going to pose a question to the effect " WHY is a story of 2 Harrison Police Officers assaulted back page news?" I think I know the answer. Powers that be are pressuring the Observer not to make a big deal out of it, in an effort to keep things like this out of front page news. With the "revitilization" of Harrison in full effect, and a new Soccer Stadium, the Mayor doesnt want prospective home and business buyers to know there is a problem going on in Harrison concerning crime and Gang activity. You have 3 police officers working the night shift!? A Jersey City Police officer just lost his life no less than 7 miles from Harrison, and the Observer feels it is the RIGHT THING to do by putting on the cover a story of the "Dangers of installing your own swimming Pool without Permits", instead of 2 Harrison Police oficers being assaulted on Franklin Ave!

I guess keeping crimes Hush hush in an effort to bring in more money into the town is more important than letting people know in a more efficient manner ( FRONT PAGE NEWS) SHame on you Observer, and Shame on the powers that be for sweeping shit under the rug and "pursuading" the paper to not make a big deal out of it. Either why?? you both have egg on your faces here.

Guest Guest
I was going to pose a question to the effect " WHY is a story of 2 Harrison Police Officers assaulted back page news?" I think I know the answer. Powers that be are pressuring the Observer not to make a big deal out of it, in an effort to keep things like this out of front page news. With the "revitilization" of Harrison in full effect, and a new Soccer Stadium, the Mayor doesnt want prospective home and business buyers to know there is a problem going on in Harrison concerning crime and Gang activity. You have 3 police officers working the night shift!? A Jersey City Police officer just lost his life no less than 7 miles from Harrison, and the Observer feels it is the RIGHT THING to do by putting on the cover a story of the "Dangers of installing your own swimming Pool without Permits", instead of 2 Harrison Police oficers being assaulted on Franklin Ave!

I guess keeping crimes Hush hush in an effort to bring in more money into the town is more important than letting people know in a more efficient manner ( FRONT PAGE NEWS) SHame on you Observer, and Shame on the powers that be for sweeping shit under the rug and "pursuading" the paper to not make a big deal out of it. Either why?? you both have egg on your faces here.

I also sent in an article about the two police officers that was not posted. Something stinks, there is a lack of credibility on this board.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

There were more firemen sleeping in the firehouse than police officers on duty when that altercation happened. And no, I'm not a cop nor am I related to one.

Guest Guest

Relax. The Observer is a weekly paper and they probably had everything set to go with the fluffy cover story when all heck breaks loose in the "H". I'm sure someone was yelling "stop the presses", but once the machine is in motion...... I mean it's not like we can do this all day people. I'm sure there will be a follow up story or two in the coming weeks.

Guest Guest
Relax. The Observer is a weekly paper and they probably had everything set to go with the fluffy cover story when all heck breaks loose in the "H". I'm sure someone was yelling "stop the presses", but once the machine is in motion...... I mean it's not like we can do this all day people. I'm sure there will be a follow up story or two in the coming weeks.

----------

Probably won't be able to cover it next week. Think they have a lead story about how you have to make sure your manicurist REALLY sterilizes her instruments. Much more important. The week after they will be covering the different varieties of garden insects. Critical. The week after, how many parking meters on Kearny Ave. REALLY keep the correct time. This type of hard-hitting investigative journalism is much more important than the petty little Harrison crime issues. Or Harrison Board of Education issues. Or triple-dipping politician issues. COME ON NOW - GET WITH IT.