TWO POLICEMEN ASSAULTED AND ITS BACKPAGE NEWS IN THE OBSERVER?

Guest LIVID

Guest LIVID

It totally gauled me when i picked up last weeks Observer to see on the cover a story of how unsafe putting in a swimming pool can be without permits etc. Only to thumb through the paper on page 20 or so to see a story in small print about two Harrison Police officers who were jumped and assaulted ( one officer required stitches)! The editor of the Observer is either being pressured into not publisher crime in the newspaper or is just blatantly abandoning her duties in making news of something of this magnitude front page news. YES there is crime in Harrison! and their is also GANG ACTIVITY! You can look at this a couple of ways, 1 With all the "revitilization" of Harrison going on, and a new Soccer Stadium looming, some folks would think that the powers that be in Harrison dont want outside people who would be prospective customers and or home owners in Harrison know of what is going on in Harrison these days. The people who grew up in Harrison and still live there do know what the town is about today, and if things continue this way, they too will move out. Citizens deserve a paper who will HEADLINE the more important stories. Or, 2. The editor feels a cover story about safety of installing swimming pools is more important that two police officers being assautlted? If thats the case, resign, and let somebody who is capable of writing or printing stories of truth, and not have to worry about any repercussions from powers that be in the Towns they cover in the paper.

In the Wake of the Jersey City Police officers who were wounded and Officer Di Nardo who lost his life, one would think that with Jersey City being less than 7 miles from Harrison, that people would want them to know that this was a serious situatution and deserved either Headline Coverage or partial Front. To me, this just wreaks.

Guest guest

It would be impossible for six Harrison Police Officers to get shot or hurt at the same time because there are only 3 - 4 working at any one time covering the whole town. If the roof of the firehouse caved in, you would have 10 injures fireman in bed already, all 10 on disabilty, and overtime would not be an issue. If a cop gets hurt, he does not get replaced with someone on overtime, the town does with less. Thats what the orders from the top down state. Thats my factual opinion.

Guest Another Observer
It totally gauled me when i picked up last weeks Observer to see on the cover a story of how unsafe putting in a swimming pool can be without permits etc. Only to thumb through the paper on page 20 or so to see a story in small print about two Harrison Police officers who were jumped and assaulted ( one officer required stitches)! The editor of the Observer is either being pressured into not publisher crime in the newspaper or is just blatantly abandoning her duties in making news of something of this magnitude front page news. YES there is crime in Harrison! and their is also GANG ACTIVITY! You can look at this a couple of ways, 1 With all the "revitilization" of Harrison going on, and a new Soccer Stadium looming, some folks would think that the powers that be in Harrison dont want outside people who would be prospective customers and or home owners in Harrison know of what is going on in Harrison these days. The people who grew up in Harrison and still live there do know what the town is about today, and if things continue this way, they too will move out. Citizens deserve a paper who will HEADLINE the more important stories. Or, 2. The editor feels a cover story about safety of installing swimming pools is more important that two police officers being assautlted? If thats the case, resign, and let somebody who is capable of writing or printing stories of truth, and not have to worry about any repercussions from powers that be in the Towns they cover in the paper.

In the Wake of the Jersey City Police officers who were wounded and Officer Di Nardo who lost his life, one would think that with Jersey City being less than 7 miles from Harrison, that people would want them to know that this was a serious situatution and deserved either Headline Coverage or partial Front. To me, this just wreaks.

It may have made it to the print version but I couldn't find it online. Was it anywhere on the Observer website?

Guest Guest
It would be impossible for six Harrison Police Officers to get shot or hurt at the same time because there are only 3 - 4 working at any one time covering the whole town. If the roof of the firehouse caved in, you would have 10 injures fireman in bed already, all 10 on disabilty, and overtime would not be an issue. If a cop gets hurt, he does not get replaced with someone on overtime, the town does with less. Thats what the orders from the top down state. Thats my factual opinion.

fear not the town just hired another gossiper to dispatch :angry: