KHS Soccer vs. Football

Guest Raggedy

Guest Raggedy

A father of a couple players called me last night. He told me that the High School Football team, one that works out on the FOOTBALL field, and one in which the Head Coach has a current valid permit, was NOT ALLOWED ON THE FIELD last night. They were kicked off by a youth soccer camp that could not play on the oval field since it DRIZZLED.

Now let me understand this. A youth soccer camp, with OUT OF TOWN kids, taknow g y High School students? Is this correct?

I understand the Assistant Recreation Commissioner, who played SOCCER -- and the Athletic Director -- who coached SOCCER made this decision, but are we really allowing this? Can this be? EXISTING KEARNY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS KICKED OFF THE HIGH SCHOOL FIELD? There MUST be an explanation for this.

Did this camp have a permit? Insurance? This father was telling me that a football camp was denied a couple years ago. Now they let a soccer camp take place. And then one wonders why there is animosity between the students of the football teams and soccer teams.

THERE IS NO LESS THAN SIX YES 6 SOCCER FIELDS IN TOWN. (Franklin, Harvey, Oval(2), West Hudson, and Manor Park.) plus there is this new turfed "footsall" at the bottom of Afton. There is ONE Football field until September, then they turn Vets Field into a football field for the Generals. AND WE ARE KICKING THE FOOTBALL TEAM OFF THAT ONE TEAM.

Now there are at least 200 total football players in town at any given time. That would be a possible 400 votes. then add all the ex-players and football fans in town, hhhmmm -- that is quite a lot of votes! Enough to turn the tide of an election. Do you hear that Mr. Leadbeater? Help us! I think it is time to organize and speak up!

Guest Guest
A father of a couple players called me last night. He told me that the High School Football team, one that works out on the FOOTBALL field, and one in which the Head Coach has a current valid permit, was NOT ALLOWED ON THE FIELD last night. They were kicked off by a youth soccer camp that could not play on the oval field since it DRIZZLED.

Now let me understand this. A youth soccer camp, with OUT OF TOWN kids, taknow g y High School students? Is this correct?

I understand the Assistant Recreation Commissioner, who played SOCCER -- and the Athletic Director -- who coached SOCCER made this decision, but are we really allowing this? Can this be? EXISTING KEARNY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS KICKED OFF THE HIGH SCHOOL FIELD? There MUST be an explanation for this.

Did this camp have a permit? Insurance? This father was telling me that a football camp was denied a couple years ago. Now they let a soccer camp take place. And then one wonders why there is animosity between the students of the football teams and soccer teams.

THERE IS NO LESS THAN SIX YES 6 SOCCER FIELDS IN TOWN. (Franklin, Harvey, Oval(2), West Hudson, and Manor Park.) plus there is this new turfed "footsall" at the bottom of Afton. There is ONE Football field until September, then they turn Vets Field into a football field for the Generals. AND WE ARE KICKING THE FOOTBALL TEAM OFF THAT ONE TEAM.

Now there are at least 200 total football players in town at any given time. That would be a possible 400 votes. then add all the ex-players and football fans in town, hhhmmm -- that is quite a lot of votes! Enough to turn the tide of an election. Do you hear that Mr. Leadbeater? Help us! I think it is time to organize and speak up!

If this father listened at the meeting where this was discussed he would have heard that this should not have happened and that it was a mistake and that if it were to happen another time that the coach was told,by BOE members who attended the Booster Club meeting, do not, I repeat, do not get off the field. If football has the permit, the field is yours. Did this father neglect to tell you this? This was a mistake, a big one, but still a mistake. It is done with and everyone should move on.

Guest Alex Webster

Hey Raggety. Stop trying to create an issue where one doesn't exist.

It was an adminstrative error. Both permits were accidentally issued for the same field at the same time.

Guest Raggedy

Yes he did tell me it was a mistake.

I am not trying to start an issue here, I am trying to ADDRESS an issue here. It seems like the Football Program in Kearny High School is treated like Steerage class passengers of The Titanic. Maybe if we further look into this "mistakes" would not happen in the future.

In addition, with all the upgrades in town, why not fix Veterans Field so there can be just a second Football Field in town? As I stated, there are SIX -- yes 6 Soccer Fields and only one football field. This does not seem equitable to me, and something should be done about it. I understand Kearny is known as a "soccer town" but there is room for a successful Football Program.

Guest Raggedy

Immediately after posting this I read in a Town weekly where they are fixing Vets Field. That is great!

What I didn't like was that it was going to be for Soccer too. Why not leave this field just for Football?

I am not trying to start an issue here, I am trying to ADDRESS an issue here. It seems like the Football Program in Kearny High School is treated like Steerage class passengers of The Titanic. Maybe if we further look into this "mistakes" would not happen in the future.

In addition, with all the upgrades in town, why not fix Veterans Field so there can be just a second Football Field in town? As I stated, there are SIX -- yes 6 Soccer Fields and only one football field. This does not seem equitable to me, and something should be done about it. I understand Kearny is known as a "soccer town" but there is room for a successful Football Program.

Guest guest
kearny football is a joke. khs S**ks every year. cancel the football program and give more money to soccer training.

LET"S SEE HOW SOCCER DOE"S IN THE NEW CONFERENCE!!!!

Guest objective

Here you go again everyone. This person and the so called father are tthe same one who make trouble for football. They will not give up until they are inn control of everything. No use trying to reason with them because they won"t listen !!!!!!!!!

Immediately after posting this I read in a Town weekly where they are fixing Vets Field. That is great!

What I didn't like was that it was going to be for Soccer too. Why not leave this field just for Football?

You nknow youare complaining @ soccer and football fields yet there is nowhere to go for basketball but you never hear them crying. Mistakes happen RAGGEDY (sn&cn) get over it

Guest AEN HTR

Well, there are 8 indoor gyms in town with full basketball courts in them. And a couple half courts. There are 3 outdoor facilities as well. I would say Basketball is in the best shape, and that's why we don't hear them crying! The only one crying is a woman who lost!

You nknow youare complaining @ soccer and football fields yet there is nowhere to go for basketball but you never hear them crying. Mistakes happen RAGGEDY (sn&cn) get over it

Guest guest
Well, there are 8 indoor gyms in town with full basketball courts in them. And a couple half courts. There are 3 outdoor facilities as well. I would say Basketball is in the best shape, and that's why we don't hear them crying! The only one crying is a woman who lost!

WHERE ARE THESE COURTS?? THE ONLY ONE AVAILABLE FOR THE PUBLIC IS MANOR PARK. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER TWO. They took down the baskets at the oval and Belgrove drive.

You can't count basketball courts inside the schools that are used for rec teams only. WHAT GOOD ARE INDOOR GYMS (inside the schools) IF KIDS CAN'T USE THEM. We need outdoor courts where kids can go anytime to play! Years ago a lot of our playgrounds had courts in them! Kids could just grab their ball and go play!

Guest footballhead2

THE VETS FIELD PROJECT IS GOING TO HELP BASEBALL . THE FIELD HOUSE AND ANNOUNCING BOOTH IS LOCATED ONLY FOR BASEBALL ANNOUNCING,

AND CAN NOT BE USED FOR FOOTBALL ANNONCING.THE WHOLE BUIDING IS GOING TO OVERLOOK THE BASEBALL FIELD ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF VETS.

IT SHOUD BE BUILT IN THE OUTFIELD SO FOOTBALL- BASEBALL -SOFTBALL - AND SOCCER AND SUMMER MOVIES AND OUTTINGS CAN ALL USE IT..THE BUILDING IS GOING TO HAVE A CONSSION STAND TOO...THERE BUILDING IT FOR BASEBALL......AND BASEBALL ONLY..... THE BUIDING IS IN THE WRONG LOCATION WHAT A MAJOR

WAIST OF FUNDS.......THE MAYOR SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS....

Guest footballhead2

THE VETS FIELD PROJECT IS GOING TO HELP BASEBALL . THE FIELD HOUSE AND ANNOUNCING BOOTH IS LOCATED ONLY FOR BASEBALL ANNOUNCING,

AND CAN NOT BE USED FOR FOOTBALL ANNONCING.THE WHOLE BUIDING IS GOING TO OVERLOOK THE BASEBALL FIELD ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF VETS.

IT SHOUD BE BUILT IN THE OUTFIELD SO FOOTBALL- BASEBALL -SOFTBALL - AND SOCCER AND SUMMER MOVIES AND OUTTINGS CAN ALL USE IT..THE BUILDING IS GOING TO HAVE A CONSSION STAND TOO...THERE BUILDING IT FOR BASEBALL......AND BASEBALL ONLY..... THE BUIDING IS IN THE WRONG LOCATION WHAT A MAJOR

Guest Guest

West Hudson Park right off Schuyler has baseketball. kids always there. And the Oval still has courts I believe, right behind the new skate park.

WHERE ARE THESE COURTS?? THE ONLY ONE AVAILABLE FOR THE PUBLIC IS MANOR PARK. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER TWO. They took down the baskets at the oval and Belgrove drive.

You can't count basketball courts inside the schools that are used for rec teams only. WHAT GOOD ARE INDOOR GYMS (inside the schools) IF KIDS CAN'T USE THEM. We need outdoor courts where kids can go anytime to play! Years ago a lot of our playgrounds had courts in them! Kids could just grab their ball and go play!

Guest Guest

Good idea! And yes the Mayor should look into this

Guest footballhead2
West Hudson Park right off Schuyler has baseketball. kids always there. And the Oval still has courts I believe, right behind the new skate park.

hickery st play area has basetball

Guest footballhead2
Good idea! And yes the Mayor should look into this

mybe even put a spin on the building name for the vets ..they may be able to get more funds?concession stand- mess hall,ect ect and put in a memorial

walk around the area..THIS WAY EVERYBODY WINS........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soccer man 09
the team gets kicked offf the field by soccer now no overnight camp is allowed i wonder if the soccer team would be allowed to stay overnight

Listen, Kearny High Football will never be what... Hold on, was it ever as good as soccer? No? Oh. Yeah, Kearny High Football will never be the dynasty that Kearny High Soccer has become. Sorry

Guest Salma Nella
Listen, Kearny High Football will never be what... Hold on, was it ever as good as soccer? No? Oh. Yeah, Kearny High Football will never be the dynasty that Kearny High Soccer has become. Sorry

Good luck this year in your new group, grubster.

the team gets kicked offf the field by soccer now no overnight camp is allowed i wonder if the soccer team would be allowed to stay overnight

Overnights will never be allowed by any group at KHS unless they go to an actual camp. It is a health violation. If you don't believe me, call the Board of Health and speak with Mr. Sarnas.

• 2 months later...

A couple of interesting items. #1 Kearny High School Football has played 7 of it's first 8 games against NJ Play-off bound opponents. 3 of those teams are currently undefeated. That was some schedule set up by the Kearny A.D., who was on the Football scheduling committee and assured the KHS Football Program their schedule would not be as tough. #2 There was supposedly a huge brawl at a soccer game last week, fights both on the field and in the stands. No school suspensions or any disciplinary action by the BOE taken at all. Yet 2 of the better Football players were suspended for the season for doing something wrong, one of the reasons given becausethey had gotten in a fight at a soccer g ame 2 years ago. interesting. #3 Kearny A.D. has consistently cancelled JV Football games and even forgot to schedule a freshmen game one week. Yet soccer games are always added and any rained out games are always assured to be made up.

But again, there is no prference between the sports according to the Town, BOE, and KHS Administration. Yet here is a link of a Kearny preview by an independent site

, saying Kearny is a well coached team in a predominately soccer minded community

http://www.hudsoncountyvarsity.com/footbal...009/kearny.html

A couple of interesting items. #1 Kearny High School Football has played 7 of it's first 8 games against NJ Play-off bound opponents. 3 of those teams are currently undefeated. That was some schedule set up by the Kearny A.D., who was on the Football scheduling committee and assured the KHS Football Program their schedule would not be as tough. #2 There was supposedly a huge brawl at a soccer game last week, fights both on the field and in the stands. No school suspensions or any disciplinary action by the BOE taken at all. Yet 2 of the better Football players were suspended for the season for doing something wrong, one of the reasons given becausethey had gotten in a fight at a soccer g ame 2 years ago. interesting. #3 Kearny A.D. has consistently cancelled JV Football games and even forgot to schedule a freshmen game one week. Yet soccer games are always added and any rained out games are always assured to be made up.

But again, there is no prference between the sports according to the Town, BOE, and KHS Administration. Yet here is a link of a Kearny preview by an independent site

, saying Kearny is a well coached team in a predominately soccer minded community

http://www.hudsoncountyvarsity.com/footbal...009/kearny.html

JV football didn't have enough of players until recently. Had nothing to do with the AD>