The Supreme Court of Kearny

Guest Town Watch

Guest Town Watch

Lets take a look and see the imbalance in who makes decisions for Kearny Taxpayers, its certainly not the common folk thats for sure!! LETS TAKE A LOOK SHALL WE!

Mayor Alberto Santos- (LAWYER)

Alexia Arce- (LAWYER)

Laura Ciffelli-Pettegrew-BLOOD RELATIVE TO (FREEHOLDER ALBERT CIFELLI-LAWYER)

Barbara Cifelli-Sherry-SISTER TO (FREEHOLDER ALBERT CIFELLI-LAWYER)

Carol Doyle- (WIFE OF JUDGE NORMAN DOYLE-LAWYER)

Susan McCurrie-(LAWYER)

This is the make up of your town council in Kearny!!! What is the highest payed Town service in the budget? My guess is the legal services line item in the budget, which never gets touched when reducing the budget, but rather gets increased every year. To much attorney control isn't good for this town, and this is why we need balance on the council by electing Property Taxpayers like John Leadbeater for Mayor, John Campbell for 3rd Ward Council, who understand the problems of real people and the struggles they go through every single day. Common people tend to make better decisions on behalf of the community as a whole, Lawyers I believe don't live in the real world and for the most part can't relate with common people and the little things that matter to them.

REMEMBER, I DON'T BELIEVE ATTORNEYS SHOULD DOMINATE THIS TOWN COUNCIL, LETS BRING BALANCE TO THE TOWN OF KEARNY, IN HOLDING ATTORNEY'S ACCOUNTABLE BY ELECTING LEADERS THAT WILL LOOK OUT FOR THE LITTLE PERSON WHO WORKS HARD EVERYDAY TO PAY THESE HIGH PROPERTY TAXES, THAT BY THE WAY GO TO PAYING THE VERY LAWYERS WE SPEAK. MY QUESTION FOR THE MAYOR IS HOW MUCH DID THE TOWN OF KEARNY PAY IN LEGAL SERVICES IN 2009? ENLIGHTEN US MAYOR SANTOS, YOUR GOOD WITH NUMBERS!!!!!

Guest Guest
Lets take a look and see the imbalance in who makes decisions for Kearny Taxpayers, its certainly not the common folk thats for sure!! LETS TAKE A LOOK SHALL WE!

Alexia Arce- (LAWYER)

Susan McCurrie-(LAWYER)

This is the make up of your town council in Kearny!!! What is the highest payed Town service in the budget? My guess is the legal services line item in the budget, which never gets touched when reducing the budget, but rather gets increased every year. To much attorney control isn't good for this town, and this is why we need balance on the council by electing Property Taxpayers like John Leadbeater for Mayor, John Campbell for 3rd Ward Council, who understand the problems of real people and the struggles they go through every single day. Common people tend to make better decisions on behalf of the community as a whole, Lawyers I believe don't live in the real world and for the most part can't relate with common people and the little things that matter to them.

REMEMBER, I DON'T BELIEVE ATTORNEYS SHOULD DOMINATE THIS TOWN COUNCIL, LETS BRING BALANCE TO THE TOWN OF KEARNY, IN HOLDING ATTORNEY'S ACCOUNTABLE BY ELECTING LEADERS THAT WILL LOOK OUT FOR THE LITTLE PERSON WHO WORKS HARD EVERYDAY TO PAY THESE HIGH PROPERTY TAXES, THAT BY THE WAY GO TO PAYING THE VERY LAWYERS WE SPEAK. MY QUESTION FOR THE MAYOR IS HOW MUCH DID THE TOWN OF KEARNY PAY IN LEGAL SERVICES IN 2009? ENLIGHTEN US MAYOR SANTOS, YOUR GOOD WITH NUMBERS!!!!!

Yeah, great idea, let's have Joe six-pack make policy decisions.

Nothing like a little pandering.

Guest Town Watch

Alexia Arce- (LAWYER)

Susan McCurrie-(LAWYER)

We need change in Kearny now more than ever. This Mayor has been in to long, Taxes have increased every year he has been in office, Its time for him and Councilwoman Doyle to GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Town Watch

Alexia Arce- (LAWYER)

Susan McCurrie-(LAWYER)

To many lawyers,To much money being spent on lawyer fees, Look at the make up of the Mayor and Council ask yourself this question, Is Santos looking out for your interests in reducing property taxes or increasing lawyer fees. Are you better off than you were 4 years ago or are the lawyers you are paying with your tax money better off, Ask yourself that question!!!!!!

Guest Guest
To many lawyers,To much money being spent on lawyer fees, Look at the make up of the Mayor and Council ask yourself this question, Is Santos looking out for your interests in reducing property taxes or increasing lawyer fees. Are you better off than you were 4 years ago or are the lawyers you are paying with your tax money better off, Ask yourself that question!!!!!!

We are better off with Santos than we would be with Leadbetter. Leadbetter is not equipped for the job.

Guest Town Watch

Alexia Arce- (LAWYER)

Susan McCurrie-(LAWYER)

What did the town pay in legal expenses in 2008-2009. Does anyone know or want to know!!!!!!

Guest Guest
What did the town pay in legal expenses in 2008-2009. Does anyone know or want to know!!!!!!

All you ever do is try to make it sound like people from the other political party (the one you don't belong to, obviously) supposedly do everything wrong. You'd tell people they eat children if you thought anyone would believe it.

If you have something to say, then say it. But make sure that you back up your claims with appropriate references and that you don't just whine about whatever amount of money we may have spent on legal expenses. Tell us what the money was for. Then tell us specifically how your guys would have done a better job.

You're pathetic.

• 1 month later...
Guest Town Watch

Alexia Arce- (LAWYER)

Susan McCurrie-(LAWYER)

To many lawyers, Not enough service for the taxpayers, Change is needed, Time for the voters to put these lawyers on trial in November.

Alexia Arce- (LAWYER)

Susan McCurrie-(LAWYER)

With all of these lawyers around him, and with access to legal advice through his Council, why does he have to pay an army of lawyers to make decisions for him? Does the Town need a new, "special" attorney for every action it takes?

What has this enlightened group of done in 8 years? Where is development from the Town's development plans; the proposals of developers still be weighed by the Town's Planner and Attorney? Will a decision ever be made? How many development plans were passed over when the market was at a high? How many missed opportunities did the Mayor and Council let slip away?

Besides the lawyers, how much money is being spent on professionals? The Planner, the Auditor, the Accountants, etc.?

• 1 month later...
Guest Town Watch

Alexia Arce- (LAWYER)

Susan McCurrie-(LAWYER)

Remember who is running this town. Lawyers don't relate to common people. This lawyer has raised taxes every year he has been Mayor, and his lawyer buddies have made a bundle in return. I hope you remember this when you vote on November 3rd.

Lawyers don't relate to common people.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! What happened - did you flunk out of law school or something?

This is one of the problems with people in this country - we want COMMON people running things. I don't want anyone who is COMMON running anything as important as a town or a country. I want someone who is SMART, ARTICULATE, VISIONARY, and EDUCATED.

We are supposed to be RAISING the bar in this country yet too many people want to remain "common folk." What is this - The Beverly Hillbillies revisited?

Give me a break. Let's stop electing IDIOTS to things.

Our elected representatives in Kearny are hard-working and intelligent people - every one of them. Their choice of profession should not be held against them. And, for the record, they are NOT all lawyers. Not even close. As a matter of fact, only 1 of them is - Susan McCurrie.

Remember who is running this town. Lawyers don't relate to common people. This lawyer has raised taxes every year he has been Mayor, and his lawyer buddies have made a bundle in return. I hope you remember this when you vote on November 3rd.

That's bigoted and obnoxious. No one who knows Al Santos well would make a remark like that. He is a very down-to-earth person, easy to talk to and there is absolutely to reason to think he has done anything that wasn't in the best interests of Kearny. Instead of firing cheap shots, say specifically what he has done that was wrong. You can't. The proof that you can't is that you don't.

• 8 months later...
Guest Town Watch

Alexia Arce- (LAWYER)

Susan McCurrie-(LAWYER)

Look at the total line item for what we budget for legal services. Its a real eye opener.

Guest Former Resident

Mayor Santos may have a law degree (I do not know), but does NOT act in any capacity as an ATTORNEY, or practice as an attorney, since he is MAYOR.

Per the Kearny Council website, Alexa Arce is NOT a lawyer: "Alexa has been employed with Bank of America for the over 10 years. She is on the Team Bank of America Board as their Board Secretary." Her education credentials do not list a law degree or attending law school.

Al Cifelli's relatives are just that... RELATED... He is an attorney... THEY are not.

Doyle is the wife of a Judge... She, herself, is NOT a lawyer.

McCurrie is the ONLY PRACTICING LAWYER, in the group you listed.

So, what exactly is the problem with that??? There is a BIG difference between having a law degree and practicing as a lawyer.

A good chunk of people (elected or otherwise) in state and federal government have law degrees... that doesn't mean they are a LAWYER practicing law. Huge difference.