Chris Christie Joins KOTW on Tweeter

KOTW

Guest Guest

It is good that Chris Christie is following KOTW. By doing so, he will know the problems of Kearny and the opinions of the citizens. On the otherhand, Jon Corzine does not care about ordinary people like fellow Kearnians.

Guest Great!
So what do you think of Chris Christie following KOTW on Tweeter while Jon Corzine isn't.

Maybe Christie will tweet us the reason he gave a $52 million dollar no bid contract to his former law firm to oversee NJ contracts.

We would all like our public officials to pay attention to our particular concerns, but expecting the governor of a state this size (nearly nine million people) to follow every community on Twitter is unrealistic. Believing that a candidate will do it just because he has signed up is naive.

If a governor spent even five minutes a day on each community's chats and discussions, he would not have time to do his work. The fact that Governor Corzine has not signed up with KOTW does not suggest that he is not interested in Kearny. The fact that Christie has only shows that he is trolling for votes.

Guest 2smart4u
We would all like our public officials to pay attention to our particular concerns, but expecting the governor of a state this size (nearly nine million people) to follow every community on Twitter is unrealistic. Believing that a candidate will do it just because he has signed up is naive.

If a governor spent even five minutes a day on each community's chats and discussions, he would not have time to do his work. The fact that Governor Corzine has not signed up with KOTW does not suggest that he is not interested in Kearny. The fact that Christie has only shows that he is trolling for votes.

What other response would you expect from a loony leftist.

Guest Guest

While I agree with the insignificance of whether they did/didn't sign on to Twitter, your two statements are mere assumption. You can only assume that Corzine cares about Kearny issues, and can only assume that Christie is ONLY trolling for votes. I'll bet that Christie is counting on gaining some votes by this, but there is no way to prove this. In fact Paul, to make this assumption requires FAITH on your part. You've given Corzine the benefit of the doubt that his intentions are good, and denied Christie that same benefit. Careful, your blind ideology is starting to show.

FWIW, I don't think either candidate is personally monitoring the goings on in particular municipalities, like Paul said, there just aren't enough hours in the day.

While I agree with the insignificance of whether they did/didn't sign on to Twitter, your two statements are mere assumption. You can only assume that Corzine cares about Kearny issues, and can only assume that Christie is ONLY trolling for votes. I'll bet that Christie is counting on gaining some votes by this, but there is no way to prove this. In fact Paul, to make this assumption requires FAITH on your part. You've given Corzine the benefit of the doubt that his intentions are good, and denied Christie that same benefit. Careful, your blind ideology is starting to show.

FWIW, I don't think either candidate is personally monitoring the goings on in particular municipalities, like Paul said, there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Actually, I wasn't assuming anything. I presume you refer to these two statements: "The fact that Governor Corzine has not signed up with KOTW does not suggest that he is not interested in Kearny. The fact that Christie has only shows that he is trolling for votes."

The first statement does not say that Corzine cares about Kearny, only that his absence here does not suggest he doesn't. The second does not say that Christie is only trolling for votes, only that his presence here doesn't necessarily mean anything else. I posted in response to what I thought was a poorly thought out suggestion by the administrators. (Sorry, guys.)

I won't deny my ideology, as I am a Democrat and will almost certainly vote to re-elect the Governor. However, I do deny that my ideology is blind. It is more along the lines of "can't stand current Republicans" than "am infatuated with Democrats."

Good post, though. I wish we saw more thoughtful posts on this forum.

Actually, I wasn't assuming anything. I presume you refer to these two statements: "The fact that Governor Corzine has not signed up with KOTW does not suggest that he is not interested in Kearny. The fact that Christie has only shows that he is trolling for votes."

The first statement does not say that Corzine cares about Kearny, only that his absence here does not suggest he doesn't. The second does not say that Christie is only trolling for votes, only that his presence here doesn't necessarily mean anything else. I posted in response to what I thought was a poorly thought out suggestion by the administrators. (Sorry, guys.)

I won't deny my ideology, as I am a Democrat and will almost certainly vote to re-elect the Governor. However, I do deny that my ideology is blind. It is more along the lines of "can't stand current Republicans" than "am infatuated with Democrats."

The "administrators" aka KOTW suggestion was a humorous attempt to have Corzine join KOTW on Twitter. Apparently, Corzine's Twitter person is asleep at the switch. As you painfully know, KOTW allows all views to be expressed. We try not to edit any post. So, why hasn't Corzine's Twitter person hit the follow button.

Let's see how long it takes Corzine's Twitter person to hit the follow button.

KOTW

The "administrators" aka KOTW suggestion was a humorous attempt to have Corzine join KOTW on Twitter. Apparently, Corzine's Twitter person is asleep at the switch. As you painfully know, KOTW allows all views to be expressed. We try not to edit any post. So, why hasn't Corzine's Twitter person hit the follow button.

KOTW

I wondered if you might be doing that but as I painfully know, some people take ridiculous things seriously.

You're interesting guys. When you're sick of doing this, come on over for a few beers and some good laughs.

Guest Guest

KOTW

Lets admit it. Christie is doing well because Corzine and his team are usually asleep.

The only time I have seen Corzine wake up and become proactive is when he pushed highway privatization for NJ, another get rich scheme for Wall Street investors and the foreign companies that bid on these projects. Goldman Sachs, his old company, made a ton of money underwriting highway privatization projects, such as the one in Indiana.

The only thing I remember Corzine doing as our senator was quitting before his first term ended because he was bored. So he decided to try out being a governor. Rather shallow and flighty.

Corzine has not impressed me and I will not be voting for him.

I wondered if you might be doing that but as I painfully know, some people take ridiculous things seriously.

You're interesting guys. When you're sick of doing this, come on over for a few beers and some good laughs.

Thanks for the invite. KOTW has the easy job. KOTW thanks you for your numerous informative posts. The Discussion is enlightening and hopefully it is doing some good for our community.

KOTW

Guest Lincoln Logger

In the same manner that we wished you would post more useful information and not junk that you toss up here. When you used the word "troll" you knew exactly what you meant and so did everyone here so don't try to act so virginistic. You are so set in your own ideologies (right or wrong) that at times you make no sense with those who actually are able to make an opinion and not just be a sheep of the Democratic Party or Anti-religious left. I am sure that you will come back with some long-winded rational on why you are so open to opinions. What is poorly written is you attempt to justify you feeble backpedaling. Same poop that you have been depositing on the lawn of Kearny on the Web for the past two years. So keep trolling here yourself and let us know when you bring something worthwhile to this discussion board.

In the same manner that we wished you would post more useful information and not junk that you toss up here. When you used the word "troll" you knew exactly what you meant and so did everyone here so don't try to act so virginistic. You are so set in your own ideologies (right or wrong) that at times you make no sense with those who actually are able to make an opinion and not just be a sheep of the Democratic Party or Anti-religious left. I am sure that you will come back with some long-winded rational on why you are so open to opinions. What is poorly written is you attempt to justify you feeble backpedaling. Same poop that you have been depositing on the lawn of Kearny on the Web for the past two years. So keep trolling here yourself and let us know when you bring something worthwhile to this discussion board.

No, I'll keep it short.

If you don't agree with me, say why. What is valuable here is an idea. You're not offering any ideas. You're just calling names.

Guest GUEST

WHO:S LEADING IN THE POLLS PAULIE DEAR?

Guest Guest
WHO:S LEADING IN THE POLLS PAULIE DEAR?

Childish. Bush was elected twice, Hoover and Carter once. Hitler won his election, too.

Think about how these things effect your life, not just about taunting the people you decided are on the other side.

Guest Guest
No, I'll keep it short.

If you don't agree with me, say why. What is valuable here is an idea. You're not offering any ideas. You're just calling names.

I am sure you think you are right, or think you are right. After insinuating that someone is "trolling” does not constitute a name calling but an idea. And who better than Paul LaClair to be allowed to express those ideas here.

I am sure you think you are right, or think you are right. After insinuating that someone is "trolling” does not constitute a name calling but an idea. And who better than Paul LaClair to be allowed to express those ideas here.

Trolling for votes means looking for votes wherever they can be found. I expect both candidates to do that and I hope voters will have enough sense to recognize that when a politician kisses your baby, it doesn't mean that he really thinks the baby is cute.

• 1 month later...