No Trucks Allowed

Guest Pedestrian

Guest Pedestrian

How is it that on the corner of South 5th St and Sussex St is a sign stating "NO TRUCKS ALLOWED". Yet everyday, trucks travel north on S.5th St all day long. If the town wants to make some money(a lot of it too), post a cop on the corner of Warren St and write tickets all day long. Wait, that's right, the cops are too busy whining about everything else instead of working.

post-0-1246564811_thumb.jpg

Guest guest
How is it that on the corner of South 5th St and Sussex St is a sign stating "NO TRUCKS ALLOWED". Yet everyday, trucks travel north on S.5th St all day long. If the town wants to make some money(a lot of it too), post a cop on the corner of Warren St and write tickets all day long. Wait, that's right, the cops are too busy whining about everything else instead of working.

Amen. No, wait a minute, we need more cops. Younger cops who really want to work.. These sorry excuses of cops only want to hang out at Nino's, talk on cell phones, and complain on this web site, can you explain why I'm paying my taxes???

Guest guest

Yeah but their all laughing when they get on Rt. 280W or the Parkway and head home. Bye Bye Harrison LOL!

Guest guest
Amen. No, wait a minute, we need more cops. Younger cops who really want to work.. These sorry excuses of cops only want to hang out at Nino's, talk on cell phones, and complain on this web site, can you explain why I'm paying my taxes???

Your taxes are specifically for the fire dept not the police so you can breathe a little easier.

Guest Guest

Come on. the cops could pay for their own overtime by writing some tickets. there are numerous idiots driving around town double parking, double parking ,double parking, illegal right on red, TOO LOUD music. they could stand on one corner and continue to work during their overtime writing tickets. These are quality of life issues for the people who live in harrison.

Guest Guest
Come on. the cops could pay for their own overtime by writing some tickets. there are numerous idiots driving around town double parking, double parking ,double parking, illegal right on red, TOO LOUD music. they could stand on one corner and continue to work during their overtime writing tickets. These are quality of life issues for the people who live in harrison.

These "cry-baby" cops DO NOT CARE, because they do not live in Harrison. They only care about the quality of life where they live and raise their children.

Guest guest
These "cry-baby" cops DO NOT CARE, because they do not live in Harrison. They only care about the quality of life where they live and raise their children.
You got that right, Harrison trash!

Guest Guest

Well I heard the police dept is at its lowest staffing levels ever...... they have not hired any new cops in a couple of years..... what is the town thinking and who is making the decisions???? McPlumber??? or the Police Committee???? There equipment S**ks(I heard the cars are all pieces of SHI$, and all have at least 55k miles)..... they have received a single new police car in 3 years.... As for the officers who live out of town, kudos to them to take there paycheck where they live.... oh well another wannabe poster from the gardens who has no job...... get a life.......

Guest guest

I had a barbecue for the 4th and my dog was running around. So cute. Then some kid came with a toy fire engine and when the dog saw the fire engine it ate, then crapped, and went to sleep for the rest of the day and night. Are they appointing any new firemen to the Harrison Fire Dept.? My dog definately has the qualifications to make it. DOGG.

Guest Pedestrian

If I lived in the gardens, would I know what happens on 5th? Wasn't long before the typical "understaffed, gardens bullshit." The quality of life in this town is going downhill fast. Like someone else said- post a cop on a few corners and write tickets for the trucks, stereos, cellphones, and speeding. All the overtime would pay for itself. Yeah, the FD is a problem, but this topic is about quality of life issues the police enforce. Can ya stay on topic officer?

(I get my $$ from a business in NYC, I don't work for the PD,FD,DPW, or for the town, but I do live in Harrison. Is it too much to discusss a specific topic?)

Guest mutts
the only topic the cops know is ---time to make the doughnuts

The cops are alway's complaining. Not enought cops to do the job, more firemen then cops, but if you look at the budget, the hpd has more then 1 million dollars in thier budget then the hfd. Less cops, but more money, not counting street work. Yet they are always crying. Maybe if they had to live in town, like most of us town workers due for our love of Harrison, and our comittment to the community, not counting that we don't make the kind of money they do, maybe, just maybe they would aprecate what they have and do thier job to the best of thier ability as we do.

Guest guest

"town workers due?" Don't you mean "do" you idiot. This demonstrates why town jobs are given to people such as this because I could just see a personnel rep. in a private company reading that resume and laughing. Harrison HS education at its best. That is not a typing error, it is plain unadulterated stupidity. What is cop street work? If you are referring to companies that request officers for traffic control for their employees safety that is a decision the private company makes to avoid accidents and lawsuits. Go get your G.E.D. and then respond. Thank you.

Guest town worker
"town workers due?" Don't you mean "do" you idiot. This demonstrates why town jobs are given to people such as this because I could just see a personnel rep. in a private company reading that resume and laughing. Harrison HS education at its best. That is not a typing error, it is plain unadulterated stupidity. What is cop street work? If you are referring to companies that request officers for traffic control for their employees safety that is a decision the private company makes to avoid accidents and lawsuits. Go get your G.E.D. and then respond. Thank you.

Where to you put your resume in? Up the Mayor's a-s, or the county's freeholders. I refer to street work like the whores that you are. Safety, how do you give these companies employees' safety, by talking on you cell phone, as they do their work? By sitting in the town's police car, free of charge? No wait, I guess by standing 20 feet away from these protected workers...... G.E.D. ? What test did you take? You kissed the mayor's a-s to get your job, just like the rest of us, get off your high horse, and face reality...IDIOT.. But that only IMO..........

Guest Guest

Where are the cops to enforce the noise pollution in town.............................. LOUD HOUSE PARTIES AND LOUD CAR RADIOS.........................ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Guest Guest

Why don't you just assign Fireman who lives on the street and is always home with his fire vehicle to give out the tickets. See what putting up a huge campaign sign paid with quarters will do for you.

Guest Wyatt Earp
If I lived in the gardens, would I know what happens on 5th? Wasn't long before the typical "understaffed, gardens bullshit." The quality of life in this town is going downhill fast. Like someone else said- post a cop on a few corners and write tickets for the trucks, stereos, cellphones, and speeding. All the overtime would pay for itself. Yeah, the FD is a problem, but this topic is about quality of life issues the police enforce. Can ya stay on topic officer?

(I get my $$ from a business in NYC, I don't work for the PD,FD,DPW, or for the town, but I do live in Harrison. Is it too much to discusss a specific topic?)

Please tell me you are kidding me, right? let me enlighten you, your PD is down 37% from where its was 15 years ago... So as far as putting a cop on the corner to pay for their overtime, where do you suggest that we get them from? ther are only two on the road most shifts.

The questions you should be asking, is where the hell does my tax dollars go? with all the overtime you are paying why not hire 10-12 more cops? the hell with the cops on corners, who the hell is protecting me from all the shitbag gang members in Town? Where is all the money that the Town is saving by by not hiring cops?

One last Question, Have you ever gone to meeting and asked these questions? Thought Not!!!

Please tell me you are kidding me, right? let me enlighten you, your PD is down 37% from where its was 15 years ago... So as far as putting a cop on the corner to pay for their overtime, where do you suggest that we get them from? ther are only two on the road most shifts.

The questions you should be asking, is where the hell does my tax dollars go? with all the overtime you are paying why not hire 10-12 more cops? the hell with the cops on corners, who the hell is protecting me from all the shitbag gang members in Town? Where is all the money that the Town is saving by by not hiring cops?

One last Question, Have you ever gone to meeting and asked these questions? Thought Not!!!

Actually if you take into consideration the number of civilians who have replaced Police Officers in jobs that didn't require Officers, the HPD is at the same strength as it was in the past.

The HPD replaced Lieutenants with civilian dispatchers at a savings of $250,000. It then replaced Officers assigned to give out tickets with Parking Enforcement Officers at a savings of over $120.000.

This is a pragmatic way to reduce costs and provide the same services.

The dismantling of the Emergency response Team was a big mistake by the ADM as well as not buying the necessary amount of ne police cars on lease.

Otherwise, everything is fine.

Guest Eagle
Actually if you take into consideration the number of civilians who have replaced Police Officers in jobs that didn't require Officers, the HPD is at the same strength as it was in the past.

The HPD replaced Lieutenants with civilian dispatchers at a savings of $250,000. It then replaced Officers assigned to give out tickets with Parking Enforcement Officers at a savings of over $120.000.

The dismantling of the Emergency response Team was a big mistake by the ADM as well as not buying the necessary amount of ne police cars on lease.

OK since all is fine pick off one or two of these trucks using 5Th. St. daily. This would slove the problem and raise some cash.

Bring on the next issue. Hey Mayor sent me your problems and I'll give you the answers. As matter of fact you can all present your problems to the Eagle and I'll give you the answer here online. You may not like the answer but it will be the truth.

Eagle

Guest Guest

Though your savings amounts sound good, can you explain why the Lts are now back inside supervising the dispatchers? Because they were allowed to make decisions while not qualified to do so. They are to answer calls and dispatched, not solve problems or offer advice. The PEO's are now down to 2 from four, as the Uniform Officers that left and retired were never replaced, now placing the Dept at an all time low.

Everything is fine!!!!!!!! all time low + no new hires + civilization + 25,500 seat stadium = Disaster !!!!!! I think its time to move.

PD is downsized while all depts have be suoersized.

Guest Guest
Though your savings amounts sound good, can you explain why the Lts are now back inside supervising the dispatchers? Because they were allowed to make decisions while not qualified to do so. They are to answer calls and dispatched, not solve problems or offer advice. The PEO's are now down to 2 from four, as the Uniform Officers that left and retired were never replaced, now placing the Dept at an all time low.

Everything is fine!!!!!!!! all time low + no new hires + civilization + 25,500 seat stadium = Disaster !!!!!! I think its time to move.

PD is downsized while all depts have be suoersized.

No I heard that the mayor came into the station and there were no bosses or cops in the station. So he TOLD the chief to get the LT's in the station, and always have a sgt. on the road....... Too bad its costing the town a mint.........

Guest old and miserable

HPD should can learn alot from East Newark PD. ENPD almost pay their own salaries for the amount of tickets they give out per day, which I believe is like 6-8 per shift per cop. Yeah it S**ks that they probably nab people that don't deserve it sometimes, but it does keep taxes low. And we all know that PD writing ticket violations is no form of law enforcement anymore, its all about revenue production. So yeah, HPD can learn alot from ENPD, probably the FD as well !!!!!

Guest Guest
No I heard that the mayor came into the station and there were no bosses or cops in the station. So he TOLD the chief to get the LT's in the station, and always have a sgt. on the road....... Too bad its costing the town a mint.........

Professionalism in the uniformed services in Harrison died a long time ago. The officers and men of the departments were not responsible for it's demise. The Mayor and his gang know this.

They know because they brought it about through their minipulations of the departments and their policies.

The amount of work which would be required to repair these vital services is huge. Since it suits the Machine

to have this turmoil exist it will remain.

The Harrison people and officers will continue to pay the price of these silly political games.

Eagle