More Republican Hypocrisy

Guest Do As I Say or Do as I Do?

I'll be the first Dem on this board to say I regret voting for Obama. Like most others who voted for him, I believed his promises of transparency, smaller government, middle class tax relief, eliminating all pork (remember that one) from the budget, posting the budget on line, etc.

I see now he was all talk, he would say whatever he needed to say at any given time. Although I didn't care for McCain, had I known what Obama would be like I would have voted for him. I hope everyone will join me in sending Obama back to Chicago in 3 years. Thank you.

Nice try, dimwit.

Guest Do As I Say, Not as I Do
Yes I did defend Clinton. That's because I don't base my politics on the "sanctity of marriage" or telling consenting adults what relationships are "morally" impermissible. Ensign, Vitter, Foley, Sanford, Gingrich and Craig are all hypocrites. On the bright side for Democrats, that makes Palin the presumptive head of the national Republican Party. Democrats really like that.

Darn! No more Palin! What a disjointed, rambling speech she gave. I still don't get how she became the VP selection. Anyways, I expect there's way more to that story and that she will soon join the Republican Hypocrite Hall of Shame.

Who will now be the standard bearer for the socially conservative faction of the Republican Party? Please, please tell me it's Mike Huckabee. As a Democrat, I hope it's that Gomer Pyle guy.

The only reason I can imagine why the Loonys are frothing at the mouth over Gov. Sanford is they're trying to direct attention away from the drowning annointed one. Drowning in the sense of being way over his head pretending to be POTUS. In the first 6 months of his administration, everything he's touched has turned to shit; he promised 2.5 million new jobs with the stimulus / 35,000 more jobs lost in June, remember a transparent administration /

22 czars now reporting directly to Obama, unemployment at 8% under Bush / 9.5 and rising under Obama, 5 trillion dollars have disapeared into a black hole

with no (repeat, NO) visible effect on anything, ObamaCare is starting to look ugly....and very expensive....better borrow another trillion and cap 'n trade looks like the final straw that will turn the U.S. into a third world country owned by China.

Yeah, you Loonys keep harping away at Sanford, nobody will notice what this comunity organizer that you slobbering Loonys put into office is doing to this once great nation.

I guess this angry diatribe means you're conceding that Sanford, Vitter, Ensign, Craig, Foley, Gingrich are hypocrites? If not, then back to the topic of this thread, what exactly is the argument in defense of politicians who argue for upholding traditional marriage and then go swooning in Argentina, or at an airport stall, or with underage pages?

By the way, I think Palin is going to join the 'Do as I say, not as I do' Republican Hypcrites Team real soon.

Guest 2smart4u
I'll be the first Dem on this board to say I regret voting for Obama. Like most others who voted for him, I believed his promises of transparency, smaller government, middle class tax relief, eliminating all pork (remember that one) from the budget, posting the budget on line, etc.

I see now he was all talk, he would say whatever he needed to say at any given time. Although I didn't care for McCain, had I known what Obama would be like I would have voted for him. I hope everyone will join me in sending Obama back to Chicago in 3 years. Thank you.

Finally !!! A democrat who's willing to say they made a mistake. Hallelujah !

Guest Guest

Gee, you waited almost a whole day before responding to yourself. ;)

Guest Guest
I guess this angry diatribe means you're conceding that Sanford, Vitter, Ensign, Craig, Foley, Gingrich are hypocrites? If not, then back to the topic of this thread, what exactly is the argument in defense of politicians who argue for upholding traditional marriage and then go swooning in Argentina, or at an airport stall, or with underage pages?

By the way, I think Palin is going to join the 'Do as I say, not as I do' Republican Hypcrites Team real soon.

No question there's hypocrits on both sides of the aisle, old news. The real story is the fall of America. Obama is spending money faster than he can borrow or print it. He has us on a fast track to a severe depression and bankruptcy and we have a democratic congress that is apparently oblivious to the impending disaster.

I understand those who voted for him want to support him but it's time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Guest Do As I Say, Not as I do
No question there's hypocrits on both sides of the aisle, old news. The real story is the fall of America. Obama is spending money faster than he can borrow or print it. He has us on a fast track to a severe depression and bankruptcy and we have a democratic congress that is apparently oblivious to the impending disaster.

I understand those who voted for him want to support him but it's time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Which Democrats make marriage and relationships outside of marriage a benchmark for politics? The hypocrisy is on the Republican side!

No, Obama is not spending money. The recent spike in the national debt was caused by the Iraqi war and the Medicare prescription drug benefit, both of which were Bush policies. 95% of this year's deficit has nothing to do with Obama's measures.

As to the printing of money, that would be the Federal Reserve whose chairman, Bernanke, was appointed by George Bush. "Quantitative easing" is a euphamism for printing bucketloads of money. I agree that's an impending disaster. Mr. Bernanke's term is up at the end of this year. Do you think that Obama should re-appoint him?

Guest Guest

The national and international economies were headed for total collapse thanks to the neocons we just threw out of office. Obama is trying to clean up their mess.

I can't stand these right-wingers. They will never answer this question: How would you do it?

Guest 2smart4u
Which Democrats make marriage and relationships outside of marriage a benchmark for politics? The hypocrisy is on the Republican side!

No, Obama is not spending money. The recent spike in the national debt was caused by the Iraqi war and the Medicare prescription drug benefit, both of which were Bush policies. 95% of this year's deficit has nothing to do with Obama's measures.

As to the printing of money, that would be the Federal Reserve whose chairman, Bernanke, was appointed by George Bush. "Quantitative easing" is a euphamism for printing bucketloads of money. I agree that's an impending disaster. Mr. Bernanke's term is up at the end of this year. Do you think that Obama should re-appoint him?

"No, Obama is not spending money." One of the great lines on KOTW.

Guest Guest

What do you think should be done to get us out of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression?

Whining and crying over a lost election isn't a solution. What would you do about the economy?

Compared to George W. Bush, yes, that's the truth. Three months into an administration, and you want to tag Obama with the nearly $500 billion annual deficit? 2smart, your comment highlights yet another very good example of Repbulican Hypocrisy. The right talks about balanced budgets and then George W. Bush leaves Obama with a $500 billion annual deficit, but when Bush came into office back in 2001, a Democratic President had left him a $128 billion annual surplus. Yes, Republican Hypocrisy at its best (worst?).

Guest Patriot
What do you think should be done to get us out of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression?

Whining and crying over a lost election isn't a solution. What would you do about the economy?

All the loons who voted for the community organizer are now crying; what can we do, what can we do, Obama is spending money faster than we can borrow or print it, boohoo, boohoo. Don't cry to me, loonies, I voted for McCain.

All the loons who voted for the community organizer are now crying; what can we do, what can we do, Obama is spending money faster than we can borrow or print it, boohoo, boohoo. Don't cry to me, loonies, I voted for McCain.

Hmm... In response to: "Whining and crying over a lost election isn't a solution. What would you do about the economy?", what do you do? You whine and cry over the lost election and, once again, offer not a single clue about why you think your own party might have done better (or for that matter, any reason to believe that they would not have done much worse).

What would you (or McCain, or Palin) offer that is not one of:

A - continue repeating the same stupid mistakes that created this mess in the first place

or

B - double-down and repeat the same stupid mistakes on an even larger scale (the old "X has been a complete failure, therefore we need to apply more X" line of faith-based unreasoning)

Guest Guest

No, we're not crying. We think Obama is doing a good job. You're whining and crying, and as usual for a brainless right-wing Republican, you're lying about it. So I ask again:

Guest Desperate Republicans

What happened to all the right-wing posters on this board? Why are they silent on this? Bryan? 2Smart? No one is willing to defend Bernanke? You know, he was a Republican appointed by George W. Bush. Why does Walpin merit more concern than the Chairman of America's central bank??

Guest Republicans on the Titanic
What happened to all the right-wing posters on this board? Why are they silent on this? Bryan? 2Smart? No one is willing to defend Bernanke? You know, he was a Republican appointed by George W. Bush. Why does Walpin merit more concern than the Chairman of America's central bank??

I know the answer! Neither Bryan nor 2Smart have received their Rush Limbaugh-talking points on Bernanke. It's a tough one for the right-wingers. On the one hand, his policy of quantitative easing and interfering in the marketplace run counter to every economic principle Republicans profess to stand for. On the other hand, he's one of the nation's leading economists and a Republican appointed by George W. Bush. I guess it's alot easier for the right wing to go after non-issues like Walpin and the number of czars this Administration has.

Guest Republicans on the Titanic
I know the answer! Neither Bryan nor 2Smart have received their Rush Limbaugh-talking points on Bernanke. It's a tough one for the right-wingers. On the one hand, his policy of quantitative easing and interfering in the marketplace run counter to every economic principle Republicans profess to stand for. On the other hand, he's one of the nation's leading economists and a Republican appointed by George W. Bush. I guess it's alot easier for the right wing to go after non-issues like Walpin and the number of czars this Administration has.

Or is the silence because Republicans have no economic alternative to the Obama fiscal policies and the Bernanke monetary policies? The Bush tax cuts resulted in the biggest fiscal swing in American history, from a budget surplus under Clinton in 2000 to the biggest deficits this country has ever seen. All the economic growth under Bush (ALL of it) evaporated in less than 12 months. Maybe that's why the Republicans can't respond in a meaningful way. Instead, they'll resort to fear tactics and doomsday scenarios. Has any Republican made a single, serious fiscal or monetary proposal to get out of the great (Bush) recession? Should Bernanke stop flooding the economy with unprecedented amounts of new currency?

Guest More Republican Hypocrisy

It would appear that Republicans can't deal with their mistakes. The Republican hypocrisy is reaching levels I did not think possible:

Hypocrisy Level One: Republican Senator Ensign was one of those "moral/conservative-values defender" who was having an extramarital relationship with a (married) office employee.

Hypcrisy Level Two: Ensign's parents (yes, parents) paid $100,000 to the now ex-employee and her husband not to go public.

Hypocrisy Level Three: Apparently the ex-employee wanted a million dollars and Republican Senator Coburn interceded on Ensign's behalf.

Hypocrisy Level Four: Senator Coburn refuses to disclose what he and Senator Ensign know about the payments because of the doctor-patient privilege. Yes, Senator Coburn is a doctor. But he's an ob-gyn. Both Senator Coburn and Ensign are male.

Guest 2smart4u
It would appear that Republicans can't deal with their mistakes. The Republican hypocrisy is reaching levels I did not think possible:

Hypocrisy Level One: Republican Senator Ensign was one of those "moral/conservative-values defender" who was having an extramarital relationship with a (married) office employee.

Hypcrisy Level Two: Ensign's parents (yes, parents) paid $100,000 to the now ex-employee and her husband not to go public.

Hypocrisy Level Three: Apparently the ex-employee wanted a million dollars and Republican Senator Coburn interceded on Ensign's behalf.

Hypocrisy Level Four: Senator Coburn refuses to disclose what he and Senator Ensign know about the payments because of the doctor-patient privilege. Yes, Senator Coburn is a doctor. But he's an ob-gyn. Both Senator Coburn and Ensign are male.

Wow you're really good, great detective work. I bet you even have a gold junior detective badge and a cap gun.

Guest Guest
Wow you're really good, great detective work. I bet you even have a gold junior detective badge and a cap gun.

No, they're next to your bed, where you left them.